• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,555 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Amid pressure to play through a torn labrum in his right shoulder, Dwight Howard played in the Los Angeles Lakers' blowout loss to the Boston Celtics on Thursday, but there were still questions surrounding his return from teammates -- whether it was Kobe Bryant saying Wednesday that the Lakers couldn't wait on Howard to heal, to Mike D'Antoni claiming Howard had been cleared for a while now.

In Howard's mind, the support level from his team has been lacking.

"Hopefully they'll start supporting me the way they need to," Howard said. "Until then, I'm going to continue to do whatever I can to help our team win."

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media. I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play. This is my body, and I have to control my body and my future and my career. So I can't worry about anybody else."

Isn't this the same stuff he said before leaving Orlando? I think he is talking about Kobe.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226015/Dwight-Howard-Hopes-Lakers-Start-Supporting-Me-The-Way-They-Need-To

Edited by Chad, February 08, 2013 - 10:23 AM.

┬íHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:26 AM

ALL HAIL THE DRAMA QUEEN :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:33 AM

They don't even put the question in....it could have been about defense.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:37 AM

"I can't get involved with what they've been saying to the media. I understand they've been saying certain things, but I know my health. I haven't been cleared for weeks to play. This is my body, and I have to control my body and my future and my career. So I can't worry about anybody else." <-----

#5 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 490 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Freaking Dwight. My issue isn't with whether or not he plays, and im not questioning his injury. What I am sick of, is him pouting like a little baby. If you can't play then stay your behind on the bench. If you are gonna play then get out there and go all out. Stop going half speed and looking like someone stole your favorite toy like you did last night against Boston. This guy is the king of playing the victim. You're a 27 year old MAN, act like one. Stop needing all of the support and hand holding that a child craves.

Edited by ColStac, February 08, 2013 - 10:56 AM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#6 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:23 AM

I'm not sure I can take 5 more years of this kind of bickering. I'd rather go back to watching the Shaq+Kobe drama. At least they produced.

#7 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:32 AM

Is the team allowed to ban the media from approaching the players?

#8 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'm not going to criticize Dwight Howard for his numbers (the last I looked, they were nearly equal to his career averages), simply because I understand that he's still hurt, and that he came back from his major surgery a month or two early.

But, as of right now, Dwight Howard is losing my support. I'm sure that doesn't mean jack [expletive] to him, on a personal level...but it's not just me.

I'm not even angry at him sitting out for the sake of his own career. I somewhat understand what he's saying.

However, he's saying all the wrong things, and it's not going to get him anywhere...and when he takes that small shot at Kobe, who is carrying this franchise on his back right now, that changes everything for me.

I hated LeBron for the way he acted, on and off the court, until last year. Everything changed with him, and look at the result. I never did like Shaq, as dominant as he was AND as the co-captain of our dynasty...and it's for a similar reason.

Howard needs to shut his mouth and play, or shut his mouth and sit. One of the two. Even if the media is baiting these players, it doesn't matter...let Kobe and Nash handle the media, and everyone else can glue their lips shut.

#9 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Dwight Howard is media-retarded. Maybe the least media savvy player I've seen in a while, he just says all the wrong things time and time again before backtracking the next time. Just shut up already and decide whether you're gonna play or sit out and heal up. We don't need him playing like Jason Collins out there.

#10 NasWutangKB24

NasWutangKB24

KUSH

• 867 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:54 AM

I'm getting so worried he's going to sign somewhere else

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,139 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:00 PM

Typical media propaganda in the midst of a Lakers loss and Gasol's injury that will be debunked or forgotten in a week. Moving on.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:33 PM

Dwight Howard is media-retarded.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Dwight Howard is media-retarded. Maybe the least media savvy player I've seen in a while,

I dont think thats the case. I believe he just loves the attention. I've never heard a player say the word "ME" so much. I think hes addicted to the drama.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#14 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Like many of you all, Dwight is losing my support also. He doesn't take what Kobe says as fuel, he turns it into negativity which isn't what he should be doing! Kobe is your captain so listen to what your captain is telling you, Kobe has done nothing but support D12 since he's been here but I think he is running out of patience and unless Dwight wants to lose every single fan in the world, he better start acting like a leader. Because right now he is being a little cry baby that has no idea how to act towards the media.
DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#15 haztronic

haztronic

From Laguna/Love the Lakers

• 336 posts
  • Name:Harry
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:46 PM

I'm getting so worried he's going to sign somewhere else

And if he did he would be known as the world's dumbest player. Giving up more money than any other team can offer him, playing in Los Angeles and for the top franchise in the league. And also a team that no matter what will always contend. He'd have to be a retard.

Edited by haztronic, February 08, 2013 - 12:47 PM.

DIE HARD LAKER FAN 4 LIFE!

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:49 PM

can't blame him for leaving if d'antoni is still the coach

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:52 PM

@kobebryant

On our way to the Garden. Ready to do that work. If D12 is healthy he will play if he's not he won't. Simple math #countonmediahype

Thats what kobe said ..

1) media is full of false or manipulated stories ..

2) Kobe and Howard should stop talking to the media .. you have something to say , talk to each other ..

Edited by fozi, February 08, 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#18 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Howard is being tested. Like Lebron was when he made his "Decision," Howard is the media's new boy toy. He needs to set the media aside and let his game do the talking. That is what Lebron is doing and already accomplished with his championship last year. Yeah he's injured, but he's on the spotlight right now.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#19 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,699 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:58 PM

totally drama queeen!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#20 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 01:00 PM

Drinking Game
1 shot for everytime someone said the word "media" above this post.

Next day the"media" would report the greater population of the LA area died of alcohol poisoning.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users