31 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 08, 2013 - 02:41 AM

“I think LA is kind of seeing how much we miss Pau...what he brings to the table and his skill set, maybe now they’ll start appreciating him a little bit more.”

I THINK KOBE IS RIGHT!

Wee need Paus game more than ever. Our second unit doesnt score and Pau can facilitate and can move the ball as a big better..

this is just sad to see him missing so much now...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:43 AM

maybe now they’ll start appreciating him a little bit more

Appreciate him? No way... but they'll certainly see the impact his absence will have on the team! Bye bye playoffs...
Posted Image

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:01 AM

KB Real Talk!
Without Pau were done.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:02 AM

yees

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:33 AM

this thread should be pinned because its the one thing the entire fan base cant collectively recognize.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:49 AM

I have been a proponent of trading Pau for a while now. Not because i thought he wasn't capable of playing well, but because of his defensive limitations and the fact that at this point in his career he is more a 5 than a 4. I think if he had a guy like Anthony Mason or Charles Oakley at the 4, Pau could make another all-nba team. But he doesn't and we have the best big man in the league in Dwight Howard, that play the exact same position, which makes Pau a bit redundant - unless of course Dwight is out.

So for my part, Pau's play these last few games havent surprised me, but it still doesn't change that he plays the same position as the guy we hope will take over when Kobe starts to decline.

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 08, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Let me just put it this way: if we didn't have Kobe Bryant in our five, due to injury, Meeks' value would shoot up.

Without Jordan Hill, and then Howard hobbling around, Gasol's value to this team (this is in bold for a reason) will increase.

What if we had traded Gasol to Atlanta for Josh Smith back in October? Suddenly, today, we'd be talking about how valuable Josh Smith is...how we need him to be healthy.

Gasol is the same player he was in October, in regards to what he can and can't do on the court. We miss him not because of his abilities, but because of our deficiencies. The 15 points and eight rebounds are good on the offensive end...and when he's the main big, while Dwight is out (and usually it has to be for an entire game), he's a productive offensive player...but the big picture is when we are at full health, because if we aren't, we aren't contenders. And at full health, Gasol doesn't fit, he's a liability, and he's not as valuable to our team.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 08, 2013 - 07:09 AM

I don't care what kobe thinks

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,490 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:16 AM

this thread should be pinned because its the one thing the entire fan base cant collectively recognize.

been saying this for 2 season, everyone piles on this guy, he puts up numbers. He is soft, big deal, he was soft winning rings too.

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:21 AM

Yeh those recent playoff numbers were impressive.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:36 AM

If #s alone indicate a players value to a team then whats D12's worth?
Last night vs Boston he went for 9pts and 9 rebs....???

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 08, 2013 - 08:37 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#12 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,492 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:31 AM

So Pau is more important to us than rondo to the Celtics?

No WAY, no HOW!

Kobe is a corny brother.... lol

#13 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,841 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:54 AM

i really dont understand how anyome can still be stickimg up for pau. he sucks. been sucking for yearrs. YEARS.

ap1.png

#14 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Without Pau, Lakers won't make the playoffs.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships? sure, but at this point, Lakers need THAT offense to win games and only Pau can provide that ; Dwight doesn't because he is, often times, a complete liability on the offensive end

Had he been traded earlier for multiple pieces, it might have been a different story. Oh well, we still have next year

Edited by alec613, February 08, 2013 - 09:59 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#15 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:58 AM

I feel like Pau is kinda the glue guy on the offensive end. He makes the offense flow much more when he's on the floor. That's what we needed yesterday.

Edited by Notorious Arab, February 08, 2013 - 09:59 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:11 AM

People need to get over the past. We need him NOW. He is important to the team NOW. So what if he [expletive]ed up in the past.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#17 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,275 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Dude get over it. Everytime I see you post it's about hating on Pau. Why are you even here?

#18 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:40 AM

lol we have one bad game without the guy and its cuz paus not there. If pau was here only difference would be garnet owning pau instead of owning dwight.

#19 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:51 AM

lol we have one bad game without the guy and its cuz paus not there. If pau was here only difference would be garnet owning pau instead of owning dwight.

I don't believe you believe what you're saying.
You're saying Lakers' offense will still be the same if you replace Pau with Dwight?

Edited by alec613, February 08, 2013 - 11:52 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#20 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:57 AM

I don't believe you believe what you're saying.
You're saying Lakers' offense will still be the same if you replace Pau with Dwight?

What im saying is pau wouldnt do [expletive] if he was playing. People are acting like he has been playing so well this year but they forget in like 3 days that this guy has been absolute garbage the whole season. Dwight had a horrible night. His attitude stunk and he played like he didnt even care. So last night yes pau or dwight same result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users