Photo

Kobe needs to get back to facilitating (way too much isolation, one on one tonight)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:18 PM

Hmm lets see here, Kobe shot over 50%, got 9 assists, took less than 20 shots...these are the usual barometers where he gets judged on. He did well on these three things and still the Lakers gave up 100 points and lost the game. So there goes that theory that his shots matter, there are too many issues on the team like 3 point shooting, rebounding and SG/SF defense which are much much in dire need. How many shots he takes/his assists is not correlated to whether we win or lose

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#42 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:22 PM

Kobe is the whole team. Seeing him this year, I respect him more than ever, one of the best efforts of his career. Sad to waste it with these bums.

#43 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:37 PM

Kobe isn't the problem. It's the offense. The only play the Lakers actually have is Kobe posting up in iso and either scoring or creating out of that. When a good team like Miami shuts that down the Lakers are [expletive]ed.

#44 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Garbage coaching exposed by Miami again. Instead of taking bailout shots, Kobe is now making bailout passes because everyone is standing around the 3 point line. If he kicks it out, Nash's man recovers so he doesn't have enough space to get a 3 off or drive by the defender. Simple off ball screens would work wonders for getting Nash open but Pringles is clueless as usual.

#45 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:41 PM

We ran the same play over and over again (Kobe ISOing on the Wing) in the fourth quarter... Do you really think a championship caliber team like the Heat will not adjust to that... This lead to horrible turnovers. I dont even think we ran a single Pick and Roll with D12...horrible fourth quarter basketball.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#46 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:42 PM

Stop overpassing and just shoot Kobe, turnovers worthless pass attempts today
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#47 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Too much isoing no off ball movement -.- whats new nowadays?

#48 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,118 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Lol this is hilarious. In this one game people saying "stop passing so much Kobe" and the other people saying "stop isoing so much kobe" lol

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#49 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 452 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:24 PM

With all this talent....how is it that the only way to secure a win is for Kobe to play 48 mins a game...

#50 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Lol this is hilarious. In this one game people saying "stop passing so much Kobe" and the other people saying "stop isoing so much kobe" lol

there was too much isoing. No one is and was moving around. They just watched kobe back down his defender the fourth quarter for the most part. It's way to easy for teams to adjust when you do the same thing over and over again and you expect whats gonna happen in the offense....

#51 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Hahaha.

#52 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 08:07 AM

there was too much isoing. No one is and was moving around. They just watched kobe back down his defender the fourth quarter for the most part. It's way to easy for teams to adjust when you do the same thing over and over again and you expect whats gonna happen in the offense....

Kobe either scores & or setups a cutter & or 1 of those players standing out at 3pt line picking their azz wide open from his isos. Please sTFU. When LA needs a score & offensive creations for others this is better than PnR with Nash option & every other player on court at time.

#53 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 01:33 PM

Kobe either scores & or setups a cutter & or 1 of those players standing out at 3pt line picking their azz wide open from his isos. Please sTFU. When LA needs a score & offensive creations for others this is better than PnR with Nash option & every other player on court at time.

Yes cause isoing when no one else is cutting and moving in the fourth quarter 50 times in a row won't make it easy for the defense. We did the same thing 10 possessions in a row in the fourth quarter. What did that lead to? Turnovers that cost us the game. You cant win playing like that especially against teams like the heat. Do you really think I'm criticizing kobe? YOU need to stfu.. Do you see me saying saying "stfu" to people? No. If you want to argue with me please refrain from using unsavory terms. You can tell me to stfu when constant isoing in the fourth quarter with no rotations or cutting from other players works against an elite team like the Heat.

#54 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts

Posted February 11, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Yes cause isoing when no one else is cutting and moving in the fourth quarter 50 times in a row won't make it easy for the defense. We did the same thing 10 possessions in a row in the fourth quarter. What did that lead to? Turnovers that cost us the game. You cant win playing like that especially against teams like the heat. Do you really think I'm criticizing kobe? YOU need to stfu.. Do you see me saying saying "stfu" to people? No. If you want to argue with me please refrain from using unsavory terms. You can tell me to stfu when constant isoing in the fourth quarter with no rotations or cutting from other players works against an elite team like the Heat.

at that time that was best option if kobe would have been looking to score rather than over passing them t.os wouldnt have came except for NAsh dumb1s. I said stfu once & u got that mad u wrote it how many times? follow the instructions..

#55 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,371 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 05:53 AM

Please Kobe just be yourself this is getting annoying as hell to watch. Stop over passing. pathetic gm last night so many turnovers for absolutely no reason. stop & go back to being Kobe.

#56 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:56 AM

Despite the facilitating, has there been a consistent scoring 2nd scoring option for this team? No. Thats what this comes down to. From 08-10 years it was Kobe, then Gasol and if he doesnt have it going then it was Odom and so on and so forth. Hes been passing the ball well for the past month & we still dont know who the 2nd best scorer on this team is. Nash as great as a 3 point shooter and skilled player he is, doesnt look comfortable at all launching open shots & he prefers the pick and roll & he gets trapped way too easily these days

. Dwight we all know his FT & TO issues. Pau is hurt. Jamison looks more willing to score as much as possible and at least he can create his own shots & what not but hes old and coming off the bench. Thats why we are where we are, thats why we couldn't get it done in from the 2010/2011 season till now, we just do not have a secondary player who can take pressure off Kobe & can be counted on to carry us through stretches. So putting up arbitrary numbers like saying oh Kobe reaching 20 or Kobe reaching 8 assists....well it does not work....because in the Miami game he took less than 20 shots, shot over 50%, had 8 assists, which is supposedly the optimal level he is supposed to be play which would benefit the team the most. FAIL. We still gave up 100 + points & lost the dam game to the Defending champs

It really depends on a game to game bases & a possession to possesion basis on the rhythm of the team. Look to establish bigs early, then look for your own offense, if single covered look to score, if double covered in areas outside your comfort zone pass the ball. Simple. Thats how we won all those games from 08 to 10.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#57 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:06 PM

Some interesting numbers for the season we score 101.85 points per game good for 6th in the league. We give up 100.75 points a game. 6th worst

Over the last 10 games where Kobe has started facilitating (mostly with either Gasol or Howard out), we're scoring 99.7 points a game. 11th best. Same stretch of games defensively we give up 97.4 points a game. 11th best. So even though Kobe is facilitating and cut down his scoring, our offense has become slightly worse but we have become much better defensively.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#58 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,489 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:26 PM

I think that's just indicative of the pace we are playing.

#59 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,041 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted February 13, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Bryan needs to find a balance between facilitating and scoring.

At times, it's either one, or the other.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#60 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted February 14, 2013 - 01:24 AM

For me i don't like when kobe have this pass mode or shooting mode but not together.. Not having an identity + playing on what the defense reacts make teammates confused .. Kobe isos should be one of many ways, but instead he became a vocal point on every possession, which tells you its an individual effort. Other than meeks and samisen shooting threes, MA's presence is not felt, nor does he know how to play to their strengths ..

They look like they need another coach and a training camp , which we cant afford.

Kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users