Photo

Kobe needs to get back to facilitating (way too much isolation, one on one tonight)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 CTE WORLD

CTE WORLD

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Worthy.and Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Whenever I see Kobe pass the ball out to MWP I cringe because it will end with a brick shot.

Edited by CTE WORLD, February 08, 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Free The Wave

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,119 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:13 PM

@kobebryant
@joshyboi224 can't get assist if ball don't go in the hole. Celtics played well. We gotta bounce back next game #magicmamba still in effect

Just finished team prep mtg. #Counton1assisttonight All jk aside I will make the correct play if it leads to assist then great #countonit

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Metta needs to go. As soon as he gets the ball, he won't pass it. He kills the ball movement and constantly chucks shots that end up bricking.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#24 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,157 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Metta needs to go. As soon as he gets the ball, he won't pass it. He kills the ball movement and constantly chucks shots that end up bricking.

I've been saying this for a while. Your observation is absolutely correct. In a system where the ball is supposed to move he is a ball stopper.

#25 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well you got an entire first half where Kobe ONLY passed the ball even when team mates couldn't hit shots.

See what happens if Kobe says "alright, ill keep passing it despite them missing and won't try to take over the game when no one else can score"

Maybe that first half can hush people that say Kobe should keep passing even if his team mates are missing and "not" try to take over the game ;)

Kobe pretty much proved a point that entire first half. I hope it sticks with all you kobe complainers.

Kobe said #countononeassist

And that's as much as he has, passing the entire first half.

Point proven.

Edited by Majesty, February 08, 2013 - 05:14 PM.

• 40,385 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:15 PM

Stu said it himself just a while ago, it's seemingly a lose lose situation for Kobe.

Edited by    , February 08, 2013 - 05:16 PM.

yo.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Stu said it himself just a while ago, it's seemingly a lose lose situation for Kobe.

Pretty much. If he tries to take over and we lose, he gets blamed, if he keeps passing on an off night and shows "faith" in his team mates then we lose anyway.

People should be focusing more on Dwight's turnovers and lack of cutting to the basket when Nash has set him up many times.

KEVIN DING @KevinDing19m
At least three times Dwight hasn't cut to the basket and the result has been a Lakers turnover. They have 11 already.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:57 PM

And then in the 4th quarter Kobe proved another point.

"My...freaking...team"

First half and second half, perfect statements by Kobe. Hopefully now people can hush :)

#29 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 09, 2013 - 06:59 AM

I went to this game and never once did I see Dwight set a legitimate screen with that big body of his. I knew this, but sometimes the cameras don't see things. Cameras don't lie.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#30 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 11:09 AM

No one was blaming Kobe. He can't make the shots for his other teammates when he passes it. We play better basketball when he facilitates and his teammates make THEIR shots. That is a fact. We need more consistent shooters and we need to get rid of MWP. MWP kills everything.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 02:18 PM

No one was blaming Kobe. He can't make the shots for his other teammates when he passes it. We play better basketball when he facilitates and his teammates make THEIR shots. That is a fact. We need more consistent shooters and we need to get rid of MWP. MWP kills everything.

They honestly should play Metta offensively like they play Jamiison. Post up first, three pointer sometimes.

People forget that Metta scored 4 points during our run last night, one was from the post, the other was on the fastbreak with Kobe and he got a key steal eventhough Meeks got it blocked by Henderson.

Metta is best in the post, its where he should operate out of. He got 11 points last night only 1 was a three. That's a sign. Work him in the post against 3s while Clark spreads the floor and when the D adjusts move Clark to that position. While then, hand half of the 3s metta gets to Nash.

Edited by Majesty, February 09, 2013 - 02:21 PM.

#32 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 09, 2013 - 04:59 PM

They honestly should play Metta offensively like they play Jamiison. Post up first, three pointer sometimes.

People forget that Metta scored 4 points during our run last night, one was from the post, the other was on the fastbreak with Kobe and he got a key steal eventhough Meeks got it blocked by Henderson.

Metta is best in the post, its where he should operate out of. He got 11 points last night only 1 was a three. That's a sign. Work him in the post against 3s while Clark spreads the floor and when the D adjusts move Clark to that position. While then, hand half of the 3s metta gets to Nash.

Metta can work posting up with this lineup but before he couldn't with Gasol playing.

Still Metta is a ball stopper usually and thinks he is Kobe a lot of times. Its [expletive]ing annoying

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Metta can work posting up with this lineup but before he couldn't with Gasol playing.

Still Metta is a ball stopper usually and thinks he is Kobe a lot of times. Its [expletive]ing annoying

People hate if he misses love if he makes.

But him being a ball stopper is true. That's why having him work off ball and in the post is effective.

Also if you watch during games, the spots he'd usually run to in order to receive a three he signals for Nash to go to instead. He has shown to be a capable "post" passer but when he gets the ball in iso, you know he's gonna go lol.

But when the ball is moving like a second to pass, Metta is good at hockey assists. It's when he gets the ball in iso situations that he doesn't make the best of it. He belongs in the middle of a play receiving the pass or at the end of a play receiving a pass in the post mostly and sometimes at 3. But it won't work if he's the first pass and initiator of a play unless it's an ouitlet pass or a play set up for Kobe.

They need to play to metta's strengths in those departments as Kobe has hinted to.

Remember baout a month ago when we used him at the end of plays in the post and that baseline spin move was a patent go to move for him? Anfd we had him use his speed off the block against 4s to bother them? Yeah... We haven't done that in a while.

Actually last night in the 2nd half was the first time I saw us go back to that. Clark was stretching the floor and Metta was fighting for the rebounds should he miss, and late they ran some plays through Metta in the post and top of the key defensive assignments(which is how he got the steal)

THAT is how we should use Metta in all honesty.

Edited by Majesty, February 09, 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#34 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,686 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 09, 2013 - 07:10 PM

17 years in and still people complain about kobes game.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#35 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm pissed cause everyone now is waiting for Kobe to get them the ball without them working for it.....then when things get tight they back off and wait for Kobe to rescue their asses.
Kobe isos now to draw DTs and waits for someone...ANYONE to work themselves open. The other team realizes it....especially Boston and Miami tomorrow. They are gonna make Kobe shoot in a bad place Or pass it to who they want Kobe to pass it to..... and take teir chances.
If we are on....we could cause trouble. If we fall behind....its over. Miami is fast enough to DT and cover back. We are not smart enough beisdes Kobe and Nash to take advantage of open spaces due to this type of defense.
Miami and Boston aren't worried about Howard because he is so limited offensivly and can't pass out off DTs Or won't
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,119 posts

Posted February 09, 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm pissed cause everyone now is waiting for Kobe to get them the ball without them working for it.....then when things get tight they back off and wait for Kobe to rescue their asses.
Kobe isos now to draw DTs and waits for someone...ANYONE to work themselves open. The other team realizes it....especially Boston and Miami tomorrow. They are gonna make Kobe shoot in a bad place Or pass it to who they want Kobe to pass it to..... and take teir chances.
If we are on....we could cause trouble. If we fall behind....its over. Miami is fast enough to DT and cover back. We are not smart enough beisdes Kobe and Nash to take advantage of open spaces due to this type of defense.
Miami and Boston aren't worried about Howard because he is so limited offensivly and can't pass out off DTs Or won't

If we take advantage of Miami's overplaying on defense and lack of rebounding Kobe will have near 20 assists. Then again our guys HAVE to convert!

#37 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:18 AM

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ak2hx46

#38 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Kobe seems to get teammates wide open shots..is it just me or do others that have a reputation as being great pg get their players as many wide open looks? I think that is why Kobe gets so frustrated...he give his players such great looks and they fail to deliver. Nash is getting paid to be the facilitator yet Kobe is the one that seems to be able to get his teammates the best looks when the defense gets tough. Is Kobe suppose to be the scorer and the facilitator, and when the Lakers don't win is Kobe supposed to be blamed for the L? If Laker managemnt put together a decent bench Kobe would not have to do everything!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#39 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2013 - 11:02 AM

Well you got an entire first half where Kobe ONLY passed the ball even when team mates couldn't hit shots.

See what happens if Kobe says "alright, ill keep passing it despite them missing and won't try to take over the game when no one else can score"

Maybe that first half can hush people that say Kobe should keep passing even if his team mates are missing and "not" try to take over the game ;)

Kobe pretty much proved a point that entire first half. I hope it sticks with all you kobe complainers.

Kobe said #countononeassist

And that's as much as he has, passing the entire first half.

Point proven.

Only point proven is you've never played organized ball. Kobe ball is not basketball. Passing the ball and putting teammates in position to succeed is what basketball is all about. It's up to the coach to take a player out who is having a bad game and find a way to put players in who can utilize mismatches or take advantage of what the defense is giving them.

For you to say passing the ball to teammates when they are missing is wrong is so simplistic as to be borderline idiotic (not calling you idiotic) and is definitely blasphemous. This game is beautiful when it's played the right way.

Kobe going Kobe should be the LAST RESORT, not option 1, 2, 3 or 4. And his teammates missing is NOT a valid reason to play 1-on-5.

Don't perpetuate selfish, uneducated, "mainstream" crap to try to prove a "point".

It's the reason Lakers fans are considered to have extremely low basketball IQ...prove everyone else wrong by demonstrating fundamental and basic understanding of the game...Kobe Ball is not the same as "basketball"...this is not 2K13. This is not StreetBall. The is NOT a movie. You can't write the ending you want to have. You HAVE to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

And passing and sharing the ball to get the BEST shot available is the very ESSENCE of EVERY team sport, not just basketball.

#40 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts

Posted February 10, 2013 - 03:15 PM

Too many issues and no moves being made smhhhh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users