13 replies to this topic

#1 RawDawg

RawDawg

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fan Since:'98
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC!

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:23 PM

ok im not trying to attribute our losses to officiating, we can credit that to our crappy defense.but my gripe with the officiating comes from the consistency of the calls. ive seen countless plays where teams literally push dwight into the baseline as soon as he takes a dribble, meeks get hit multiple times on a drive, mwp gets no love from the refs(at all.) bunch of moving screens not being called, and then on the other end every single touch, ticky tack foul is called. its getting ridiculous. ive tried to tell myself that im biased and im going overboard but when that report came out about mitch complaining to the league about fouls on dwight i realized again how it annoys the hell out of me when i see those little fouls called on dwight and when he gets manhandled its like nothing happened. even my friends who arent lakers fans agreed with me that there is a huge difference in the types of fouls called. sorry for the rant but i just wanted to see if im the only one that goes crazy over this

#2 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:31 PM

I always say, blaming the refs is the first resort of the second rate.

I understand your sentiment, but if the Lakers played with passion, the refs would call their games differently.

Everything sits on the team's shoulders.

Play weak, get weak calls.

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:41 PM

complaining about refs? we got raped 20 points

#4 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:49 PM

i fell ya, but when we aren't playing with heart and passion the refs look at it different. we need to play more hungry, and the whistle will blow in our favor more.

Posted Image

#5 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:06 PM

hey i know when refs cheat lakers out a W. that wasnt tonight! Coach D, MWP, JAmison, & D12 all contributed to the epic loss!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#6 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Your absolutely right and not alone. Everyone is against the Lakers it's just as simple as that. I mean, did you hear Steve Kerr tonight? I don't think I've ever heard an announcer trash a team as much as he did. Seriously. But we got raped tonight plain and simple.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#7 RawDawg

RawDawg

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fan Since:'98
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC!

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:31 PM

i agree that this team plays with no urgency or heart and i know that's the biggest factor in our horrible season so far. and i didn't make the thread because of tonight's game. i wasnt trying to bash the refs because i think they are doing what theyre told. you can call me crazy, conspiracy theorist, whatever but i honestly believe that the nba(or at least Stern) is influencing games. there is absolutely no way in hell that a player as aggressive & physical as lebron (he was playing PF btw) can go 250 minutes of playing time without a foul. are you kidding me? is that not preferential treatment? i dont really watch too many other teams besides the lakers, whatevers on national tv i try to watch. and i always notice this stuff. dont get me wrong, im not saying this because i not only want the lakers to get fair treatment, but because i dont want ANY unfair treatment. Let the players play, regardless of marketability of the league, teams, or players. i just dont want the integrity of the game to be completely thrown aside.

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,854 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Does anyone ever think that the refs could demoralize a team.

I don't think we lost on account of the refs but they have a HUGE outcome on these factors

How Dwight is able to defend

How Dwight is able to be defended

Whether Kobe will drive to the lane and get calls or not( affects our offense a ton if Kobe is relegated to the perimeter

#9 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think refs are imperfect and will miss calls and are susceptible to swings in momentum. Yes, a call or two early can completely change a game. We notice bad calls against the Lakers more but things go both ways.

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:42 PM

It's one thing to lose badly and go down fighting.

It's another to fold it up early and call it a day mentally and physically. That's what the Lakers did. They brought any and all criticism upon themselves.

Steve Kerr was right in everything he said.

#11 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:08 AM

I think refs are imperfect and will miss calls and are susceptible to swings in momentum. Yes, a call or two early can completely change a game. We notice bad calls against the Lakers more but things go both ways.

so niave. they r corrupt not imperfect.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#12 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:28 PM

It's one thing to lose badly and go down fighting.

It's another to fold it up early and call it a day mentally and physically. That's what the Lakers did. They brought any and all criticism upon themselves.

Steve Kerr was right in everything he said.

Ok but Fido your telling me that if you had to announce say a Celtic or Heat game you would continually bash them like Kerr did yesterday? I don't think you would. I don't care how discombobulated a team is, it is so unprofessional on every level. I know he's still bitter about the 2010 WCF but come on man don't make it so obvious, especially when your on national television...

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 08, 2013 - 12:29 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,699 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:39 PM

You'd never know we just went 6-1 the way this forum gets after one loss :P

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#14 Windu

Windu