#21 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:35 PM

The last thing I want is D'Antoni having ANY input on the Laker roster.

It's not like he coaches the team anyway.

#22 integrate0

integrate0

Rookie

• 73 posts
  • Name:j
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:38 PM

The last thing I want is D'Antoni having ANY input on the Laker roster.

It's not like he coaches the team anyway.

The Lakers are just so screwed at this point. They missed so many opportunities to make this team better.

#23 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,700 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:44 PM

L.A Suns here we come. I don't like this guy
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#24 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:24 PM

#1 priority is to get rid of Artest. It was so refreshing watching that Brooklyn game without him. Get rid of him somehow, and then find a way to get a big.

Edited by leor_77, February 07, 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#25 PurpleGold1965

PurpleGold1965

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:00 PM

It would be funny if we got Oden and he returned as rejuvenated. After the Earl Clark surprise and this joke of a season, anything can happen lol.

Boston (Danny Ainge) & Cleveland have spoken to him. The Lakers should too or they might miss out, you can never be sure unless you check it out?

#26 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:10 PM

As much as I want to believe that adding a guy like KMart would fix our team, it won't. In fact, I don't know if it would even help. We lost tonight's game on the defensive end. Unless KMart can guard five guys at once, it won't really help. It just adds another outdated player to this already old roster.

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,877 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:44 PM

Adding a guy won't fix the team, but at least, the very l;east it'd be another body to help. It would also show that this organization recognizes that there's a problem. Right now all I hear are excuses and b.s..

The fact that management is sitting around watching this get worse is beyond me.

#28 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:31 AM

I don't LOVE K-Mart but I think he can defend the interior.

I don't love Delonte West, but I think he can defend the perimeter.

I just think, these are 10-days we could at last try.

Exactly!

#29 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,252 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:33 AM

Boston (Danny Ainge) & Cleveland have spoken to him. The Lakers should too or they might miss out, you can never be sure unless you check it out?

I'm betting more on that the guy is closer towards the Brandon Roy situation than becoming an actual legitimate big man

#30 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,808 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 08, 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm betting more on that the guy is closer towards the Brandon Roy situation than becoming an actual legitimate big man

You're totally right. But Odem could be a game-changing defender, so it wouldn't hurt to try.

#31 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:52 AM

Clark can play center

Id rather spend it on a 3 that is athletic can hit threes

D'Antoni is that you?
Posted Image

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,114 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:27 AM

D'Antoni is that you?

Better 3 for our bench. Martell Webster or Ebanks?

And he can be gotten for half Hill's exception. How about a flaw with signing Martell if you can find one.

And Clark CAN play center, he did it for Orlando and has done it for us and shown to be compotent at it. Unless you'd rather Jamison play the 5 again.

Edited by Majesty, February 08, 2013 - 04:29 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#33 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:09 AM

We cant get crap for $1.8 mill....lol
Bring back Kwame Brown.....ooops, never mind we cant afford him.
Kwame makes $2.8 mill.
Just a example.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,114 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:14 AM

We cant get crap for $1.8 mill....lol
Bring back Kwame Brown.....ooops, never mind we cant afford him.
Kwame makes $2.8 mill.
Just a example.

Martell Webster.

#35 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:22 AM

Martell Webster.

OK, good role player. I like his game and hustle. financially it works...lol.
But hes a 6-7 small forward. Hows that solve any of out problems at the 4 or 5?
Granted I wouldnt mind having him but it doesnt address our concerns. Hes a skinny mamba...lol

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,114 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 05:57 AM

OK, good role player. I like his game and hustle. financially it works...lol.
But hes a 6-7 small forward. Hows that solve any of out problems at the 4 or 5?
Granted I wouldnt mind having him but it doesnt address our concerns. Hes a skinny mamba...lol

To me he adds scoring to our bench and is a nice replacement on nights to take Metta's minutes when he's having an off night and is a hustler and active scorer, so Jamison would remain a 4 off our bench.

And to me I can live with Sacre or Clark even playing backup center if we have a wing on our bench in webster that can give our bench 10 extra points and is a marksman from 3.

So on the nights when metta is off we bring in another hustler off the bench that can hit 3s. I'd rather webster sub in for mwp than jamison and I'd rather jamison stay as backup 4 dor our bench.

Also dealing with the reality of Gasol NOT getting moved, when he comes back Webster pretty much completes that bench.

A bench with

Blake
Meeks
Webster
Jamison
Gasol

Is not bad at all. And I think Webster at the 3 does solve some present issues and he has shown the ability to do well in starter minutes so it could move metta back to the bench as well.

We can live without Gasol, but our bench's on and off scoring that can hurt. Having a guy on our bench that can give us 10-15 on a consistent basis while hustling and stretching the floor works. We have that with Clark in our starting lineup but not really in our bench unless we include Jamison. But even so with our bench there's a huge gaping hole at the 3 that I think Webster is near perfect for.

Having a big would be ok but for me it wouldn't really serve as a long term solution over Pau and when Pau returns he won't get much playing time not without Pau complaining.

So to me Webster is the least risk but HUGE benefit. If we got Webster for Hill's exception, it's a steal!

Also and this is the most important. Webster would probably have the "least" of an adjustment period as opposed to a center. And that's very key. Webster wouldn't have to adjust too much, he could come in instantly and help within the offense which our bench desperately needs.

We can't spend the exception on someone like Martin anyway.

So I feel if we're gonna use it, Webster takes care of our bench 3 problem and no other center that we'd need to trade that exception for trumps the benefit he'd give us.

And if we really REALLY needed Martin we'd still have a roster spot open after getting Webster(2 roster spots available now). So it works either way really :)

Edited by Majesty, February 08, 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,572 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:20 AM

all valid points

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:56 AM

We've needed a three for a while, but I don't see why it happens if MDA believes Ron should shoot all of his wide-open shots (his quote) and that Jamison is a great option to play at that position (he's definitely not).

Quite frankly, if all were healthy, I'd start Clark at the three.

I'm on board with K-Mart, for sure. He's the clear choice here. He will play his ass off, and mainly on the defensive end, but you can bet anything he'll ask Nash for P&R baskets...like he used to get in Jersey and Denver. There's no doubt in my mind he would.

I don't think Washington trades Webster. He's a pretty big deal for them...scored in double-digits in 20 of their last 27 games, and he's also a starter, and shooting four threes a night at well over 40%. He's had three 20+ point games since moving into their starting five...all wins. There's no reason for them to deal him to us.

#39 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2013 - 07:18 AM

Better 3 for our bench. Martell Webster or Ebanks?

And he can be gotten for half Hill's exception. How about a flaw with signing Martell if you can find one.

And Clark CAN play center, he did it for Orlando and has done it for us and shown to be compotent at it. Unless you'd rather Jamison play the 5 again.

Ebanks played something like 10 minutes the last 20 games! Who cares who's better?
We don't need another 3... much less someone to jack up more threes!!!

That's not to say I don't like him... just that, that shouldn't be a priority right now.

What we need, without Pau and Hill, is another big body (PF/C) who above everything else plays defense!
Kenyon Martin is the first one that comes to mind... is he in shape, ready to come in? I've got no idea... but I don't see a better free agent!

Clark is a Lamar Odom kinda guy... SF/PF, athletic, with a nice mid-range and 3pt shot, and a pretty good rebounder but not strong enough to play the 5.

We sustained the loss of Jordan Hill without signing anybody, but now without Pau there's no choice... they gotta make a move for a big guy... even though I don't think we're gonna make the playoffs...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users