• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:22 AM

So heres a little background about this thing happened on air yesterday afternoon on the Lakers flagship radio station

-John Ireland works for the Lakers obviously and hes a shameless Laker apologist. He and his partner Mason (not the black guy you hear in the clip) credited D'Antoni during his interview asking him what was the reason for the Lakers winning 6 out of 7 games and what are some misconceptions about MDA blah blah blah.

- Max Kellerman is a New York guy who did NY Radio during D'Antoni's tenure as coach in New York. Started a radio gig in ESPN 710 LA in late 2010.Max hates him and calls him Antoni and slanders him at every opportunity he can get. Kellerman is a frontrunner, last yr to begin the 2011 season after lockout he hopped on the Clippers bandwagon and proclaimed them as legitimate long term threats for Lakers and its a Clipper town but once we won the division he changed his tune and was back on the Lakers bandwagon again. Lets just say he either exaggerates proclaiming how wonderful we are or exaggerates negatively saying we're screwed and he and his partner Marcellus Wiley put out a Clippers > Lakers agenda. IT draws in callers or what not but they over do it and it gets annoying (annoying enough I stopped listening to their show about 1 year ago, I only tune in when they interview)

-So this segment called crosstalk where one show ends (Irelands) and the other guy's begins (Max's) and heres how the exchange went in the topic of Ireland interview D'Antoni earlier in the day You usually dont hear Ireland lose his cool like that and sound real mad and take personal shots.

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8923282

Check it from 30 min mark

Edited by MDI, February 07, 2013 - 08:30 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,637 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:41 AM

Heard it yesterday. It was comedy. Never heard Ireland get that angry. He is a D'Antoni kiss ass.

#3 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Heard it yesterday. It was comedy. Never heard Ireland get that angry. He is a D'Antoni kiss ass.

Lol really? I missed it. Anything really stand out in the argument? I'm in class right now so I can't play the link.

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,296 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:06 AM

John Iteland has said several times he is a blatant Laker apologist.

Kellerman just loves to aggravate things for radio's sake.

#5 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:49 AM

Max and Marcellus, what the hell is better about them than Ireland? So what if Ireland works for the Lakers at least he and Mason give you ALL the information you need to know about the team and take a stance on where they stand. Max and Marcellus just have an agenda the whole time and twist everything to fit what they want to say which is mostly subliminally bash Kobe and Lakers every chance they can get. Ridiculous

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,296 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:58 AM

It got a post on a forum and people talking about them, their job is done.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Bingo.

#8 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,301 posts
  • Name:Matt

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Wait, what does this mean?

Edit:.Nevermind, you mean us lol

Edited by Lakerace24, February 07, 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#9 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,354 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:02 AM

I was hoping he would start chocking his *** out. Now that would be comedy, and ratings.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#10 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,592 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I don't think Max puts out a Clippers > Lakers agenda at all. He says they're better because they ARE better, and their future looks brighter than the Lakers at the moment. Marcellus has always been a Clippers fan over the Lakers, but Max has always been a Lakers fan and no matter what is happening, Lakers talk dominates every show.

• 40,431 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:08 PM

That was certainly entertaining.

yo.

#12 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm with you MDI. Literally the only thing I've ever heard out of Kellerman's mouth that was respectable was when he said you need some sort of an ego to be as successful as Kobe has been throughout his entire career. That's it. Marcellus needs stick with NFL talk because he sure as hell doesn't know [expletive] about the NBA.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#13 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,766 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:30 PM

"John & Steve lost a game of softball to D'Antoni today apparently..."
-Max Kellerman

:laughing: that's hilarious...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#14 integrate0

integrate0

Rookie

• 73 posts
  • Name:j
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:35 PM

Mason and Ireland are awful. No wonder they got demoted to a worse time slot.

#15 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:52 PM

I actually love all of the shows on 710ESPN and anybody here who thinks Marcellus/Max are Laker haters have obviously never heard Ben Lyons or "Jeff from Tarzana".

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#16 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:54 PM

I actually love all of the shows on 710ESPN and anybody here who thinks Marcellus/Max are Laker haters have obviously never heard Ben Lyons or "Jeff from Tarzana".

Completely agree

Posted Image

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:57 PM

No I have. And that Ken guy as well. Still doesn't change my opinion.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 Henny Loc

Henny Loc

Livin' Legend

• 703 posts
  • Name:LS3
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:22 PM

Its real simple...Ireland is on the Lakers payroll therefore is restricted on his opinion... Max on the other hand can voice his opinion freely... If I had to guess...90% of us Laker fans do not approve Mike Antoni as our coach... which is why I am with Max on this topic of Mason and Ireland kissing Antoni's medicore coaching ass.... I understand its politics but Ireland shouldnt get defensive over the truth

#19 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:42 PM

Max definitely tries to get on peoples' nerves but he is at least very objective about the Lakers unlike Ireland. I really appreciate Ireland's knowledge of the Lakers but in the end he is really biased. I totally agree with Max regarding D'Antoni, but don't agree with him going after Mason & Ireland for the interview.

D'Antoni isn't doing anything. There's nothing about this team that suggests D'Antoni is doing any coaching except that Gasol was coming off the bench. He came in selling Steve Nash and his success 5 years ago. Why the Lakers thought he could do better with Kobe, Dwight, Gasol, and Nash than he did with Anthony, Stoudemire, and Chandler is way beyond me. D'Antoni shouldn't get any credit for the winning streak. They were winning in spite of him. I hope Kobe, Dwight, and Pau all realize this and go to the Lakers and tell them they don't want to play for D'Antoni any more. I hope Pau requests a trade, Dwight says he won't sign if D'Antoni is still the coach, and Kobe threatens to retire.

#20 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:27 AM

I was about to take Max's side here... then I remembered, when the Lakers hired MDA, he said something like: "Hey, Phil's gotta be your 1st option not matter what, but if for some reason you don't get him, MDA is the second best you can get" LOL

D'Antoni is the WORST coach the Lakers could have gotten and will NEVER, EVER win a championship!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users