Why Can't I Delete Last Posts Anymore?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 31, 2008 - 03:18 PM

It's not hard because Nissan & Real Deal have done it in several other places before & I've seen what the process is like behind the scenes, so I know it's not hard, just a matter of doing it.

You do not make the decisions on this site. OK... so you've given your feedback, several times, in fact. At this point, there isn't anything more to say.

zombies.jpg

#22 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 31, 2008 - 03:29 PM

Gosh.. I'm sorry. :D

#23 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted July 31, 2008 - 03:59 PM

It's not hard because Nissan & Real Deal have done it in several other places before & I've seen what the process is like behind the scenes, so I know it's not hard, just a matter of doing it.

Hold on... it's not hard? It took Brandon a couple of weeks to code the forums. Brandon also has other responsibilities with OTR and his personal life.

Chicano, it's not really a big deal. Who cares if we can't delete our last post?

#24 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted July 31, 2008 - 04:01 PM

Okay, I'll shut up. :lol:

(waits for celebration..lol)

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 31, 2008 - 05:14 PM

No, no, no...

You can't do that on OTR. On OTR, you can delete a post whenever you want. As I said earlier, in this thread, you can either delete your posts, or you can't. There's no specific time limit, and there's no if/else statements in the code that base your moderating abilities on another member posting after you.

If you were posting on OTR, you can make the second post in a thread...and then, five pages later, go back and delete that second post.

I like it that way. However, it's not just my decision, either.

#26 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted July 31, 2008 - 08:57 PM

I saw we should be able to delete any of our posts. :(

#27 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:08 PM

You guys are too accustomed to being able to delete your own posts...I'd say posts to be deleted at a mod's discretion if it's necessary. Otherwise, just edit your own post to whatever.

Deleting a post or thread is in fact one of the moderator's ability to start with, for all my tenures in forums, I haven't seen deleting posts being made to members, maybe it's the way I have been exposed to, but then again, IMO, I dun feel post deletion is an important aspect of a member's ability.

Just post, edit it if you feel unnecessary later. Plus, with regards to the example of posting the 2nd post in page 1 and after 5 pages, going back and delete it off, who cares? Most people will skip the first 4 pages and go to the last page...:lol:

Chill out everyone...:(

#28 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:14 PM

Gosh.. I'm sorry. :(

Look... I understand your feelings on it. I also don't think they're unreasonable. See how it plays out. If things change, they change. If not... is it really that big of an issue?

Besides, this forum has so many other things going for it, that its almost a non-issue.

My point is, let it go for now. Patience.

zombies.jpg

#29 Shane Bien

Shane Bien

The Decision Maker

• 303 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Deuce-Quad

Posted July 31, 2008 - 11:20 PM

Look... I understand your feelings on it. I also don't think they're unreasonable. See how it plays out. If things change, they change. If not... is it really that big of an issue?

Besides, this forum has so many other things going for it, that its almost a non-issue.

My point is, let it go for now. Patience.

Im so happy your moderating this site... I can read you all day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted August 01, 2008 - 12:58 AM

Alright, as I explained above, there is no set option to deleting posts (how much time has passed, posts after you, etc).

We have come to an agreement that you can delete your own posts, no matter where (just not the first post in a topic, which would delete the topic).

However, be aware that members will be quoting some of your content, so deleting a mass amount of posts to cover up something may get you nowhere.

#31 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 01, 2008 - 01:38 AM

My opinion: Leave it as is. If you REALLY have to have a post deleted and you have a valid reason, tell a mod.
Posted Image

#32 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 01, 2008 - 03:54 AM

My opinion: Leave it as is. If you REALLY have to have a post deleted and you have a valid reason, tell a mod.

That is right.

#33 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted August 01, 2008 - 07:29 AM

It's good you added the option. I don't think we will have problems with that. If you are quoted and delete you msg, you will look bad, but it's a good option.

Edited by netlord, August 01, 2008 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 01, 2008 - 09:29 AM

You know how I feel about this. Totally gotta' go with my homie above me here in netlord, so happy.. thanks MODS.. you guys are the best, and not just because you ultimately decided to do what I wanted more, but because of the way for example JD responded to me. That was completely mature and understandable & I have to agree with Shane on the post after, I could read something like that all day as well, haha. Excellent folks here. Keep up the great work.

:D

Edited by Chicano, August 01, 2008 - 09:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users