Kobe challenging Dwight Howard again

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#141 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:55 PM

the hate from fans isn't going to change dwights decision.

the money, city, and flexibility will determine that. the lakers offer all 3. after next season the lakers cap room is gone, they are still the lakers and they are still in LA

that's what keeps him in LA.
Posted Image

#142 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,439 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted February 08, 2013 - 01:48 AM

In order to build around Dwight, they'll have to become the Los Angeles Magic... not sure if I want to see that.
Dude has to be spoon-fed.

Edited by alec613, February 08, 2013 - 01:49 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#143 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,462 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:23 AM

Trade Dwight for Draft Picks

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#144 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 06:39 AM

In order to build around Dwight, they'll have to become the Los Angeles Magic... not sure if I want to see that.
Dude has to be spoon-fed.

Dwight was in no way, shape or form spoon-fed in Orlando. He was feeding all of his teammates. That offense was designed around him, to benefit every shooter on the roster, not the other way around (although he did benefit slightly from the floor being spread out, just like Kobe and LeBron have in their careers).

#145 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 07:08 AM

Trade Dwight now for some young prospects and some draft picks.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#146 spacedog1

spacedog1

Rookie

• 234 posts
  • Fan Since:90s

Posted February 08, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Really not liking Dwight's attitude either... Can't seem to take an ounce of criticism without firing back like someone said something vicious about him. I don't know if he can lead a team to a championship (victory) anymore. He doesn't even need to lead this team and he's struggling (I understand the health issues, but mentally he's just soft). If he ever gets it he might get a ring but if he keeps it up and gets offended over every little thing...

#147 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,488 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:37 AM

That's because he is.

Dwight obviously had back surgery and he completely relies on his athleticism. He's probably never gonna be the same athletically therefore barring huge upgrade in his offensive skills I'd say his days as an elite level superstar are over.

If we could get 2-3 good players for him I think we should do it.

King flip-flopper is back :clap2:

#148 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 08, 2013 - 09:37 AM

I hope someone can explain to you "Trade dwight" people that A) You hold on to superstars at all cost
B)we are trying to win in the Kobe era
c) you win with vets not draft picks
D) Lakers will never have a YOUNG team, they want to win a title every season

#149 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 08, 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'd like to mute the whole team.

Please, give pat answers to everything. If someone asks something remotely provocative, give them a generic answer and move on. For once - keep this stuff in house and stop airing anything in the media. Kobe should've known this by now. And now it's worse because guys like Dwight see him as the leaderm, they take that example and run with it. Now its blowing up in their face (which is bad enough) but the scurtiny on an already mentally taxed team has just become 1000% worse.

They're all professionals, they should know better than this. I thought this junk was done when the forever infantile Shaq chased himself out of town.

First off, its just a stupid practice. Second, it's nothing but detrimental to the team. A team that's already grappling with the reality of missing the playoffs and fulfilling the unnerving promise of becoming th biggest disappointment in the NBA.

Well, it's obvious Kobe has been trying to motivate Dwight by provoking him a little bit through the media. Whether you think that's the correct way to handle it or not is subjective, but that's what it is.

Dwight on the other hand, just has no idea how to handle himself period. It's kind of funny for me that I'm hanging on to Dwight, hoping he'll be our cornerstone going forward, when I find him to be such an unlikable guy.

#150 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:46 PM

King flip-flopper is back :clap2:

I can't lie. Reading his comments about Dwight now is comical. He was one of his biggest supporters weeks and months ago and now he wants to trade him. :laughing:

Posted Image

#151 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,678 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2013 - 03:50 PM

That's because he is.

Dwight obviously had back surgery and he completely relies on his athleticism. He's probably never gonna be the same athletically therefore barring huge upgrade in his offensive skills I'd say his days as an elite level superstar are over.

If we could get 2-3 good players for him I think we should do it.

bynum is better than howard
lakers will demolish thunder(last season)
lakers will win championship
dwight isn't going anywhere

when will you stop?

#152 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,151 posts

Posted February 08, 2013 - 04:50 PM

I can't lie. Reading his comments about Dwight now is comical. He was one of his biggest supporters weeks and months ago and now he wants to trade him. :laughing:

and before that bynum was better than howard.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users