#121 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,019 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Damn. Remember that feeling when we had that D12 thread and we actually landed him? I'm just going to try and stay positive.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#122 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,679 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Damn. Remember that feeling when we had that D12 thread and we actually landed him? I'm just going to try and stay positive.

For real though. I think I was two stepping and eating at The Counter by the Del Amo mall.
Posted Image

#123 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,477 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:31 PM

We will bounce back.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#124 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm pretty concerned Dwight won't stay.

And god dammit if he doesn't piss me off every time I hear him in the media...

#125 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,334 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:36 PM

I never had a bad back before, let alone surgery on it. I got family who do though. They ain't never been the same. Their mobility is really limited. I can't see him 100% being what he once was. One good elbow check by a defender could do some damage. What he has been able to do thus far is crazy to me. Running, dunking and stretching his back going for blocks....

hear that. My backs been screwing me over the last 12 years.

I can't imagine Dwight ever being the same again.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#126 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,334 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:38 PM

i will always remember that day.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#127 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 08:38 PM

He's too hurt, his body looks finished for the 2012/2013 season and his attitude screams he's done playing for this season. Its time to make a decision. Shut him down, get the surgery, heal up and get ready for 2013/2014 orrrr....trade him .

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#128 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:56 PM

That's because he is.

Dwight obviously had back surgery and he completely relies on his athleticism. He's probably never gonna be the same athletically therefore barring huge upgrade in his offensive skills I'd say his days as an elite level superstar are over.

If we could get 2-3 good players for him I think we should do it.

Not only are you a flip flopper now your a psychic
Posted Image

#129 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:27 PM

Not only are you a flip flopper now your a psychic

Well, lets go with what we have seen, he got hurt and has not been the same, it has been almost a years time. That would suggest to me that maybe he will never be the player he was, considering what we have seen so far is him not being the player he once was, nor any indication what so ever that he will return to that.

#130 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, lets go with what we have seen, he got hurt and has not been the same, it has been almost a years time. That would suggest to me that maybe he will never be the player he was, considering what we have seen so far is him not being the player he once was, nor any indication what so ever that he will return to that.

you've seen that because your knowledge base on sports injuries is small. will he ever be 100% again? more likely no, but he can be close.

again it's simple. i can give several examples of injury situations but i'll just give one closer to home. Andrew bynum. what was the difference between 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. it was that he had an offseason. an offseason to train, lift, and practice basketball. in 2010 all he had was rehab which is trying to get to status quo.

what did dwight have this offseason. he couldn't run until late august, couldn't even get on the court until mid september. on top of that right when he starts to round into shape he tears his labrum. now when i say in shape i mean status quo. not elite in shape dwight. i'm talking ground zero. first 3 years in the league dwight, before he added all of the size he had. why? because that's what rehab is. that is why they say after a knee injury, a back injury, and achilles injury your not back until the next season. because you get to lift again, get strong, put back the lean muscle weight, get in real shape, practice your shots.

that's the difference. so no he wouldn't give you any indication because there is only so much building you can do during the season. that's on top of the fact that dwight wasn't supposed to be back until january. what month is it? February.
Posted Image

#131 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,707 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:41 PM

At this point, I would say the chances of Dwight staying with us are quite low.
Him "repyling" to Kobe is not that good either...
Posted Image

#132 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:47 PM

At this point, I would say the chances of Dwight staying with us are quite low.
Him "repyling" to Kobe is not that good either...

i disagree. as far as i'm concerned mitch is still the best in the business and i'm sure he's talking to dwight as often as possible, as is jim. i still think it's likely that he stays. i think too much is in favor of it happening on a very basic level

30 million dollars
LA
image repair
lack of attractive suitors

i mean seriously, does he leave for dallas? lol no, why would he go to a team just as bad for less money. Atlanta? either he goes there and plays with josh smith and al horford with no chance of competing or he doesn't play with those guys and has to watch them rebuild but with the atlanta front office. Houston? well they have harden but is harden worth 30 million dollars? because lin and asik aren't really tradeable but both will do a nice job of making houston unable to surround dwight with enough talent.

those are the suitors and each comes with the price tag of a less attractive city with 30 million dollars less.
Posted Image

#133 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Is there any way we can mute both D'Antoni and Dwight for the rest of the season? That would be nice.

#134 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:58 PM

Is there any way we can mute both D'Antoni and Dwight for the rest of the season? That would be nice.

i think everyone but kobe and nash should have their mouths taped. noone is saying anything productive but those two
Posted Image

#135 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:13 PM

you've seen that because your knowledge base on sports injuries is small. will he ever be 100% again? more likely no, but he can be close.

again it's simple. i can give several examples of injury situations but i'll just give one closer to home. Andrew bynum. what was the difference between 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. it was that he had an offseason. an offseason to train, lift, and practice basketball. in 2010 all he had was rehab which is trying to get to status quo.

what did dwight have this offseason. he couldn't run until late august, couldn't even get on the court until mid september. on top of that right when he starts to round into shape he tears his labrum. now when i say in shape i mean status quo. not elite in shape dwight. i'm talking ground zero. first 3 years in the league dwight, before he added all of the size he had. why? because that's what rehab is. that is why they say after a knee injury, a back injury, and achilles injury your not back until the next season. because you get to lift again, get strong, put back the lean muscle weight, get in real shape, practice your shots.

that's the difference. so no he wouldn't give you any indication because there is only so much building you can do during the season. that's on top of the fact that dwight wasn't supposed to be back until january. what month is it? February.

Okay, so he will never be 100% again. He couldn't win when he was younger and 100% and had a team built around him and wasn't a malcontent. What would make you think he can win when he isn't 100%, is older, has nobody around him and is a malcontent. He hasn't displayed to any of us a single thing that should make anyone want to hand the keys to the premiere team in the NBA if not all professional sports off to a player like him.

#136 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 531 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Because he's still a great centre when fit and healthy. Best to start with a solid big and put great pieces around him.

#137 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:38 PM

I'd like to mute the whole team.

Please, give pat answers to everything. If someone asks something remotely provocative, give them a generic answer and move on. For once - keep this stuff in house and stop airing anything in the media. Kobe should've known this by now. And now it's worse because guys like Dwight see him as the leaderm, they take that example and run with it. Now its blowing up in their face (which is bad enough) but the scurtiny on an already mentally taxed team has just become 1000% worse.

They're all professionals, they should know better than this. I thought this junk was done when the forever infantile Shaq chased himself out of town.

First off, its just a stupid practice. Second, it's nothing but detrimental to the team. A team that's already grappling with the reality of missing the playoffs and fulfilling the unnerving promise of becoming th biggest disappointment in the NBA.

#138 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:39 PM

Lmao Dwight doesn't want the world to hate him, but if he books it next year! trust us Dwight the whole world will hate your ass. Your stuck in L.A. Bud

no one will hate him except laker fans
Posted Image

#139 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:40 PM

People in Houston would love him.

#140 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,329 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Okay, so he will never be 100% again. He couldn't win when he was younger and 100% and had a team built around him and wasn't a malcontent. What would make you think he can win when he isn't 100%, is older, has nobody around him and is a malcontent. He hasn't displayed to any of us a single thing that should make anyone want to hand the keys to the premiere team in the NBA if not all professional sports off to a player like him.

Lets build around Earl.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users