• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:22 AM

BOSTON -- The newest Lakers firestorm arrived Thursday after Kobe Bryant apparently told ESPN.com the night before that Dwight Howard needed to come back from his injured shoulder. Quickly.

But Bryant said Thursday he wasn't prodding Howard to return.

"Not even a little bit," Bryant said in a quiet moment after the team's morning shoot-around, adding that he was surprised at the tone of the ESPN story. "In this case, it's not legitimate. I was shocked."

Bryant has a high threshold for pain, as evidenced plenty of times in the past. Howard has missed six games and left two others because of a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

Bryant understood that his own pain tolerance was through the charts.

"I'm crazy, though, so I don't put that on other people," he said.

Howard took part in the morning shoot-around but was not sure whether he would play later in the day against the Boston Celtics.

#62 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:27 AM

I hate this fanbase so much right now
Posted Image

#63 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:30 AM

#64 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:31 AM

If Dwight is indeed the future, why would we want him to rush back? This team isn't going anywhere and keeping him healthy for the future should be priority #1.

#65 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:36 AM

We aren't going anywhere? What the [expletive] is that supposed to mean? The great Lakers franchise should tank for the future of a player that's not even commited to team long term?

#66 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:39 AM

Even nash was even kind saying you need to play through pain. Just saw him asked about it in ESPN and he was saying players need to play through pain at times but we will see with dwight.

#67 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,149 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:42 AM

Media trying to kill us

#68 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:42 AM

We aren't going anywhere? What the [expletive] is that supposed to mean? The great Lakers franchise should tank for the future of a player that's not even commited to team long term?

What it means is this team isn't winning the championship. If the Lakers view him as the future, they shouldn't rush him back out there to injure his shoulder further (assuming he can).

#69 t-1

t-1

Rookie

• 559 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:45 AM

#70 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 11:53 AM

What it means is this team isn't winning the championship. If the Lakers view him as the future, they shouldn't rush him back out there to injure his shoulder further (assuming he can).

Nobody knows who will win the title. But you have to fight for it. 05-07 Lakers were pathetic but we still tried, at least Kobe did. When this team won 6 out of last 7, you don't wave the white flag, simple as that. Dwight's injury is not a career ending injury. And it's not gonna heal completely without a surgery. I don't see a reason why he should just sit and scratch his ass while this team continues to suffer further. We may as well trade him now considering there is not a guarantee of him staying with us. He needs to man up if he really wants to stay with this team. His actions this season still following the days of Orlando eventhough he is trying to deny that.

This is my opinion as a Laker fan. Either be all in, or speak what you want really, don't try to please everybody.

#71 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:06 PM

#72 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 876 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:09 PM

If he wants to sit out thats Dwights personal decision. If he plays then good for him. Nobody knows their body except themselves, everyone is different. Anyway most astute fans all know this is media driven. Kobe vs Dwight sells, simple as that.

#73 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,317 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:14 PM

Whys everyone trying to blame the media?
The media isn't making Dwight Howard act like a lil [expletive].

#74 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:16 PM

Nobody knows who will win the title. But you have to fight for it. 05-07 Lakers were pathetic but we still tried, at least Kobe did. When this team won 6 out of last 7, you don't wave the white flag, simple as that. Dwight's injury is not a career ending injury. And it's not gonna heal completely without a surgery. I don't see a reason why he should just sit and scratch his ass while this team continues to suffer further. We may as well trade him now considering there is not a guarantee of him staying with us. He needs to man up if he really wants to stay with this team. His actions this season still following the days of Orlando eventhough he is trying to deny that.

This is my opinion as a Laker fan. Either be all in, or speak what you want really, don't try to please everybody.

I think it's pretty clear which teams have a shot at winning the championship and the Lakers aren't one of them.

And trading him won't do anything. The Lakers won't get anything of value in return.

#75 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,090 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:21 PM

"I got hurt on company time, so I’ll rehab on company time."

I remembered this quote for some reason. Guess it was from whom.

#76 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:38 PM

i think what kobe said has been twisted quite a bit and taken a little to literally but I really dont like what dwight is saying. He really doesn't understand how the media twists things to make you hate each other. If anyone said something like that to kobe, kobe would laugh and just tell te reporter to shut up.

#77 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,317 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 07, 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#78 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,407 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:50 PM

Whys everyone trying to blame the media?
The media isn't making Dwight Howard act like a lil [expletive].

How is he acting like a lil [expletive]?

#79 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,317 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:57 PM

How is he acting like a lil [expletive]?

”I want to play, I mean, why wouldn’t I want to play? But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can’t leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don’t play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody’s life is going to go on. I don’t want to have another summer where I’m rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That’s what I want to do.”

ME ME ME. "Gotta think about my future. Kobes not a doctor, this is my career and my life".
Dude is basically saying he doesn't ride for his comrades he rides for him. Thats all [expletive] talk to me. This shoulder injury aint much. KB and Nash and many more have played in worse conditions. Dude is soft.

#80 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,317 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:59 PM

I just give up on D12 as a future Lakers franchise player. Theres to many variables and questions about him. This entire year was a year KB will never get back. This [expletive]ing sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users