#21 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,379 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:22 AM

Nope I have no doubts about building around Dwight.

This team, this city, this situation is totally different than what he has been used to.

He will get it.

Kobe is unusual, you can't judge a player's motivation based on Kobe's.

Ah I guess. Time will tell

#22 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:34 AM

Ah I guess. Time will tell

Me personally, I don't think he can lead a team to a championship.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,309 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:39 AM

Did yall here D12s response to what KB said. They just said it on espn. ME ME ME. "Gotta think about my future. Kobes not a doctor, this is my career and my life". Holy crap. Now I am for trading his ass so we get something for moving Drew.
I searched and cant find a article but im sure itll pop up shortly. Serious the quotes blew me away.
This dude is not staying in LA.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 07, 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:47 AM

Moving Bynum away from the Lakers was reward enough.

He will stay in L.A.. This is just an adjustment that's all. Virtually ever player in the NBA can't play through pain the way Kobe does. Though I agree with Kobe's overall view I also understand what Dwight needs and means as well.

Change coaches and getting through this debacle of a season will go along way to fixing this team.

#25 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:51 AM

I applaud Mitch & Jim for being spectators to whole this thing with injuries. :clap2:

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:53 AM

- Doesn't listen to Nash's Free Throw shooting advice
- Hasn't learned about not brining the ball down after repeatedly getting stripped for 2 months
- Wont take Kobe's advice

This stubbornness is pissing me the eff off. You dont know any better Dwight. You're not 100% you better damn open your eyes

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:56 AM

[expletive] Howard and his non winning attitude.

Ryen Russillo said it today on espn radio, how he remembers when the Magic played the Celtics and how Howard was giggling trying to get Pierce and Garnett to joke around and they werent having it, and how Howard was like- what, I dont get it.

Showing he NEVER has that killer instinct and how he just goes out there and plays either a good game or bad but only cares about ppl liking him as a person.

I used to defend this guy when most of my boys would say hes a [expletive] and how hes a baby and he doesnt have a winning attitude.
And now, I cant stand the guy.

I seriously hope the guy walks after this season, [expletive] him.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#28 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:56 AM

I hope you're being sarcastic Tensai.

The prospect of Sacre as a heavy minutes guy at the 5 is frightening.

#29 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Dave McMenamin@mcten
Nash on Dwight: "I think everyone has got to play through some pain in this league ..."

Good good.

It's annoying that Dwight is treating this season as a trial season. If it works, voila he signs the new contract, else he is right for thinking of his future. He has to understand that if he is in, he is in. Future won't be any different.

I hope you're being sarcastic Tensai.

The prospect of Sacre as a heavy minutes guy at the 5 is frightening.

Sarcastic? I'm being realistic. Why did we cut DJO 2 months ago, again if it's not to make moves? (surely 400k wouldn't hurt our cap/money situation)

Edited by Tensai, February 07, 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#30 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Kobe, Nash asking for him to play. You have to play Dwight

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#31 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Moving Bynum away from the Lakers was reward enough.

He will stay in L.A.. This is just an adjustment that's all. Virtually ever player in the NBA can't play through pain the way Kobe does. Though I agree with Kobe's overall view I also understand what Dwight needs and means as well.

Change coaches and getting through this debacle of a season will go along way to fixing this team.

With his recent injury history no way in hell would I turn down an extra year for 30 million. That to me isn't even an issue. Can he Dwight Howard be the superstar to lead our team going forward. On the change coaches front that's another year with another adjustment. Seems to me that would create more of the same problems adding another year of age to it.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:00 AM

Come on Metta LOL

https://twitter.com/...577940889464832

World Peace on Dwight's side: "I would say he’s a soldier and I’m not going to question his injury. He’s hurt to me."

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:04 AM

Ron should shut the [expletive] up. His idiocy cost us last season, and he's not getting any better.

#34 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:08 AM

Tensai, nothing has been done.

They have the roster room and an exception to sign help, any help, yet still there's been nothing done.

I never thought I'd hear a Laker fan happy that the organization is standing idly by while the team becomes more depleted and separated (despite wins recently) and more firm against the wall they've put themselves against.

Ron did not cost the Lakers last season, please. He is entitled to his opinion as well.

What everyone on this team needs to stop doing is airing their dirty laundry in and through the press. This is unacceptable and they should all (Kobe included) know better by now.

#35 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,309 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:09 AM

HERE

http://probasketball...ut-for-himself/

Howard has been banged up this season and while he’s been good he has not been the dominant force Lakers fans expected. And now they need him to be — the Lakers are trying to make a playoff push and a lot of that falls on the shoulders of Dwight Howard to be a leader with Pau Gasol out injured for six weeks (at least).
It falls on Howard’s shoulder, the one with a torn labrum he has struggled to play through. And the bad back that hasn’t been right all season. He’s been out the last three games because of the shoulder. Kobe Bryant decided to push Howard in a very Kobe and very public way, saying the team needs him and to just suck it up.
Howard didn’t like that at all, and shot back at shootaround in Boston Thursday. Howard went through shootaround but is a game-time decision tonight. Here is what Howard said, via Dave McMenamin of ESPNLosAngeles.com. On Kobe telling him to play:

“That’s his opinion. That’s it. He’s not a doctor, I’m not a doctor.”’

What really boiled Howard’s blood was calling his competitiveness into question.

“”I want to play, I mean, why wouldn’t I want to play? But, at the same time, this is my career, this is my future, this is my life. I can’t leave that up to anybody else because nobody else is going to take care of me. So, if people are pissed off that I don’t play or if I do play, whatever it may be, so what? This is my career. If I go down, then what? Everybody’s life is going to go on. I don’t want to have another summer where I’m rehabbing and trying to get healthy again. I want to come back and have another great year. That’s what I want to do.”

Kobe did backtrack a little at shootaround, saying he doesn’t know how Howard’s body feels.
Howard has said recently that he tried to play through back issues last year and it made them worse and forced the surgery he had and that he is still struggling to overcome. Howard said he learned a lesson from that.
And Howard knows he is a free agent next summer, he’s looking at a max deal. He’ll get that so long as the injuries don’t hold teams back.
For his first seven years in the league Howard was basically injury free, missing just four games. But the last couple years have been a struggle for the 27-year-old physically and he is struggling to deal with this.
My feeling is Kobe’s message got through, Howard will play against the Celtics. But how many more games before he aggravates that shoulder again? Can he really play through it and be effective? Can he lead the Lakers on the defensive end?
As I have said before, at the start of the season it was a lock Howard would re-sign with the Lakers this summer. Now I think it’s still likely, but that lock is open and other teams are going to try to push through that door.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 07, 2013 - 10:12 AM.

#36 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:11 AM

This whole team is a mess.

#37 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,080 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Wait, fido, lol. We're on the same page. I don't know why we thought any different but yeah :laughing:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=W42iiCcFbxE

"Hellooooooooo... Dwight you play to win the game!"

We should have signed Coach Edwards :shifty:

Edited by Tensai, February 07, 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#38 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:13 AM

OK cool Tensai, just a miscommunication on our part. :)

#39 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,260 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with everything SAS said this morning about Dwight Howard.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#40 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,309 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:14 AM

Trade this circus clown. Im tried of him. What happened with his free agency in Orlando should have been enough to verify hes a child. Children dont win Rings. Men do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users