TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:25 AM

Posted Image

Kobe Bryant challenged Dwight Howard to return to the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup following their win over the Nets.
The Lakers lost Pau Gasol to injury in the game and Bryant thinks Howard can play through the injury.
"He's probably worried about the damage in his shoulder," Bryant said. "I don't think he's ever had to play through injuries in his career. I think it's a new experience for him."
Bryant has postponed surgeries until the offseason and played through pain several times throughout his career.
"When I was growing up, going through high school and middle school, unfortunately but fortunately I dealt with injuries," Bryant said. "Not injuries that were debilitating but injuries you have to play through where you have to manage the pain. When you go through those things you learn your body and what you can push through.
"But Dwight has never been hurt. The [back injury last season] was debilitating and he couldn't play. When you have an injury that hurts you but you can play through it that's something you have to balance out and manage and he's never really had to do that."
Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

#2 r9too

r9too

Rookie

• 29 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:43 AM

None of kobe's quote indicate or suggest that he wants D12 to play through the injury. All he says is that D12 has been healthy his whole career and never had to deal with injuries before this, and thus is inexperienced.

I don't understand why this guy is even writing about the lakers, he's been covering lebron since highschool and is a writer for miami now, so all I can think is he's trying to stir the pot here.

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 06, 2013 - 10:09 AM

In other words "get off the bench and stop acting like a lil [expletive]"

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2013 - 10:44 AM

Our guys have been playing better in this road trip without him....Im not saying we're better off without Dwight long term but in this stretch we're doing just fine without him, rest up until the Miami game. Just ride out Clark/Jamison/Blake

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,569 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Our guys have been playing better in this road trip without him....Im not saying we're better off without Dwight long term but in this stretch we're doing just fine without him, rest up until the Miami game. Just ride out Clark/Jamison/Blake

yea but we had Pau hitting 16+ foot jumpers. And now we don't.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,388 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:12 AM

We barely won most of these game dude. When Dwight went down our defense start to suck and we blew leads against teams that aren't playoff-level. Nets missed a bunch of open shots, and easy attempts.

We need Dwight short-term and long-term.

#7 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Its friggin Boston without Rondo I mean come on if Kobe/Nash + Clark/Jamison/Meeks/Blake team cant beat them then we just absolutely suck

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,852 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:46 AM

Its friggin Boston without Rondo I mean come on if Kobe/Nash + Clark/Jamison/Meeks/Blake team cant beat them then we just absolutely suck

Then I guess miami sucks too right

#9 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,782 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Take it back MDI! Boston been playing very good w/o him! Don't jinx it!!!!

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:48 AM

You have to take a look at the matchups, we've won IN BOSTON for 4 straight regular season meetings we've gotten the best of them. Boston will also be playing us on a 2nd game of a back to back after playing In Toronto. A tired old Boston team and if a Nash/Kobe led team cant beat them then you're just hopeless

Miami is just sleepwalking through their games right now, I think they had a .500 record on the road last year and end up winning the title. They could care less about road losses

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,565 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 06, 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think Dwight has been playing injured. We all know he's not 100% from his back but yet he returned early. The shoulder keeps bothering him. He'll rest, play & then it gets hit again. Sure he hasn't played thru anything that Kobe has but he's pushed himself a good amount this season.

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Dwight's free-throw shooting, turnovers (especially getting the ball stripped consistently), dumb fouls away from the ball, lack of mid-range shot, and lack of moves in the post really hurt us.

yo.

#13 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,565 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:17 PM

^ Kinda went OT with that huh?

2hf753r.jpg

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:22 PM

Let's just hope Dwight doesn't take this the wrong way and act all sensitive about it.

yo.

#15 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,012 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:21 PM

Its a tough season for Dwight, he never was in situations like these, playing with another superstar , post injury ,another injury, pressure and setra ..

Some find it challenging and exciting and some follow the exit signs ..

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,058 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Seriously.. WHERE in all that does he indicate he "challenged" Dwight to play through injury.

Why do reporters always do that crap.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users