Photo

With Pau & Dwight (probably) out should the Lakers play small ball or sign a veteran free agent?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Well if nobody has signed K Mart yet, that must mean he's not productive.

Posted Image

#22 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted February 06, 2013 - 06:30 PM

lets bring back slava.

Posted Image

#23 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,922 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:02 PM

get drew gooden or samuel dalembert. serviceable veteran bigs that are both wasting away on the Bucks bench.

2div

#24 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,738 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:04 PM

get drew gooden or samuel dalembert. serviceable veteran bigs that are both wasting away on the Bucks bench.

we don't have anyone to trade though. doubt they want metta.

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,872 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:33 PM

eddy curry

#26 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:39 PM

Do the Lakers gamble on Greg Oden?

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:46 PM

Is it posted somewhere im not sure...the interview Kobe gave to Dave Mcmenemin on ESPN LA about Dwight...pretty much told him to suck it up and play and we got no time. Lol DAMNNN Mamba mode activiated. Lots of back and forth going on between Kobe and Dwight in recent days

Edited by MDI, February 06, 2013 - 11:50 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,048 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:50 PM

Heard Oden is not playing this season ..

Edited by fozi, February 06, 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#29 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 07, 2013 - 12:34 AM

Honestly pau out now really shouldnt change anything. Unless dwight is out for a while then we should just keep to what we were doing. Pau has had a awful year and I really doubt him being out is going to hurt us as much as everyone thinks. Pau went out of that nets game and we finished the game by scoring the last 10 points. Hopfully clark will get more touches now which he should have been getting.

#30 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,274 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 02:44 AM

I can't see sacred getting 30+ mins

I don't want to see him get 10

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,192 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:03 AM

I think they'll wait to see if Dwight plays tomorrow(today)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#32 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:27 AM

think dwight will not play today...to weak..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,192 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:56 AM

Because it all honestly depends on how long they expect Dwight out for. If we have Dwight the Lakers won't sign someone new.

If Dwight is gonna be out another week or so, they will.

Today's game is VERY important for those reasons.

#34 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:13 AM

K-Mart ain't LOVED, but he is better than Sacre.

That's the point. He can defend, he can dunk. He's okay on the boards and he can even hit a mid-range jumper.

If we had K-Mart , it would be great

If KMart is all that then why isn't he playing for someone already??

#35 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:31 AM

Let's face it. Hill OUT, Dwight and Pau will not be 100% for the rest of the year and an adequate Pau won't be available for at least a month and a half. Earl, Jamison and Metta are not TRUE big men at all. Mitch needs to pull the trigger on something. Either trade Duhan and someone else for someones bench big man or sign someone who is playing overseas. At this point we NEED a body and not a dead body like Sacre. Right now I'd take McRoberts for six weeks. The way it stands we are going to have Sacre playing 44 minutes per game. :no:

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,192 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:42 AM

Let's face it. Hill OUT, Dwight and Pau will not be 100% for the rest of the year and an adequate Pau won't be available for at least a month and a half. Earl, Jamison and Metta are not TRUE big men at all. Mitch needs to pull the trigger on something. Either trade Duhan and someone else for someones bench big man or sign someone who is playing overseas. At this point we NEED a body and not a dead body like Sacre. Right now I'd take McRoberts for six weeks. The way it stands we are going to have Sacre playing 44 minutes per game. :no:

You never watched Clark prior to him being a Laker did you? He played center for Orlando when Dwight was out and can defend the post well against other centers, ask Brook Lopez.

Clark can play from 3 to 5 and defend the 2-4 and 5 in the post.

Clark is fine ar center if we NEEDED him to play there.

Mitch isn't about to make a "trade happen" because 1, if Dwight plays tomorrow, there's no point. And 2 he isn't gonna panic. IF it looked like we'd go weeks without BOTh he may do something. But as it standsN with Dwight playing today or against Miami. Clark as a stand in against the likes of Biyombo and Garnett are fine.

If Clark can guard Lopez, Biyombo won't be an issue, Garnett is a challenge but he does it to centers all around the league, but Clark's length will bother him.

Dwight increases our advantages as we're one of the few teams to actually HAVE a true center. And Clark is 2 inches smaller than Dwight with a longer wingspan. He'll be fine at center, it's not a long term thing anyway.

And Metta having to guard Garnett or Biyombo i wouldn't be worried about either.

So its not as "panic now" as you make it seem. Neither of the next 5 teams we face are going to bother us tremendously with centers.

Why we need Dwight in the long run is because he's a real center in a league of few, and his defensive presence. If it's only Gasol gone, Clark would do just fine, he already plays better defense and hustles more.

Where the deciding factor lays is within Jamison's play and defense. If he can keep up his play we're fine, it's his defense and Clark's green'ness in rotating from time to time that's costly but even then, it's better than Gasol's.

So I can live with Pau being out 6 weeks as long as Dwight is gonna play the majority of that time.

#37 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 04:42 AM

Because it all honestly depends on how long they expect Dwight out for. If we have Dwight the Lakers won't sign someone new.

If Dwight is gonna be out another week or so, they will.

Today's game is VERY important for those reasons.

Dwight should not rush back no matter what Kobe says. If he comes back early and hurts it worse, then what?? I felt we needed insurance on the bench as soon as Hill was out. Some 6'11" 250 lb has to be available somewhere

#38 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Dwight should not rush back no matter what Kobe says. If he comes back early and hurts it worse, then what?? I felt we needed insurance on the bench as soon as Hill was out. Some 6'11" 250 lb has to be available somewhere

Dwight should come back and anchor the defense and nothing else. Where he hurts himself is on the offensive end when he brings the ball down to his waist and players strip him.
I'd say he should try go average 20-10-4 - i.e. 20 rebounds, 10 blocks, 4 steals. [expletive] the points - Nash and Kobe will take care of that.

#39 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,556 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:22 AM

Kmart and Delonte, 10 day contracts, now. All problems are solved.

Debbie Downer

#40 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:52 AM

just do something mitch!!!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users