• Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:24 PM

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#2 GenkiSushi

GenkiSushi

Rookie

• 778 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for posting this. I just missed this segment on bspn a while ago.

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,914 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:47 PM

90% from the charity stripe in high school? The times have changed.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just get better, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,674 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 09:49 PM

so that's the main reason why bigs can't make damn free throws? it's all a mental aspect? i can recall someone argued it was because their hands were too big.

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:03 PM

so that's the main reason why bigs can't make damn free throws? it's all a mental aspect? i can recall someone argued it was because their hands were too big.

There's different reasons to why people aren't good shooters from the free throw line.

Mental is a big part of it.

Other reasons are big hands, for example Shaq's hands are large and the equivalent or very close to it is how a ball feels in his hands is that of you or me playing a pop-a-shot game. Many don't know this about Shaq either but he actually broke his wrist as a kid that prevented regular mobility of his wrist going back and forth.

One other reason I heard and it makes sense is that big men work so much in the post that they rarely practice their jump shots during practice so the motion of shooting the ball is not familiar to them. Look at Andrew Bynum who practiced his jump shot because it was an aspect he added to his game, but he's primarily a post player who shoots hooks, but he still shoots around 70%. On the other hand you have someone like Dirk Nowitzki, who is a jump shooting big and doesn't play in the post and is a career 87% from the line.

Everyone says that the mental thing is an excuse, but it's really not when you're shooting in front of a sold out arena. For me, I challenged my friend in high school to a free throw shooting competition, mind you he was on the team while I played baseball, but I made 80 free throws in a row. Could I do that in front of a crowd? More than likely no. Plus you have to take into account how tired you are and how much you have in your legs when shooting.

There's different factors. It just depends on the player

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,871 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Dwight doesn't have good touch period.

All players with iffy jumpers , have questionable FT shooting. Metta would miss two at the end of the game, and I would NOT be shocked. Same with Dwight or even Pau.

If you don't have that proper touch though, it's always going to be tough. Guys like Rondo, and even LeBron don't have 100% faith in their shooting ability and it can BITE them in FT situations.

Dwight is in the same boat. In my opinion, he is TOO strong and his hands ARE too big.

#8 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,772 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Talent is never enough to make you a superstar. Its your personality and how you view the media and people ..

for this reason, id say Howard will have hard time going with this team in the future or for him anyway to be successful and one of the greats ..

Kobe succeeded because he doesn't care about anyone other than Bryant's family ..

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,871 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yo don't have to be "Kobe" to be a Superstar in this league.

Dwight already is a superstar. He's just not "Kobe".

No one is. I mean LeBron is close domestically, but you saw the Olympics.

Dwight, Chris paul, Durant are legit superstars. Along with Bron, Wade, Melo, and then everyone else is tricky. Don't get it confused. Dwight is NOT going to be 100% THIS season. When he said he couln't WALK after the surgery, you have to use your BRAIN.

You're talking about a guy who comes back every season typically improving his game, this off-season, instead of working out and working in the post, he was re-habbing.

It's not as simple to perform at that level as someone of you make it seem. His numbers compared to some of these Centers, it's not even Close.
Kobe is a guy who is kinds bigger than basketball. Not Jordan big, but not too many people haven't heard of kobe

#10 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,772 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:41 PM

Iam not criticizing him at all , and i did not say kobe's way is the only way..

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,713 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:20 PM

The whole talk about how it will take time with him seems pretty reassuring that he is going to resign. I think he just want the attention to go else where after being called a whiner so much over last offseason. He just doesnt want to have to deal with that the whole season that why he avoids the questions so much.

If that is true he will resing pretty quickly after the season.

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:28 PM

Now Now, Dwight...you shouldnt be talking like that when Pau has been outplaying you recently

Last 7 games: Pau's played 228 minutes. In those mins, Lakers OEff is 106.1, DEff is 97.3. Dwight in 146 mins OEff of 100.6, DEff of 100.7.

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/298691634168725505

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 04, 2013 - 11:39 PM

A few things were clear to me from watching his body language and such. He really does care about the touches (but that's not surprising and I assumed that anyways) a lot more than he's indicating verbally, but he cares even more about his impression in the media especially after the Orlando mess, so that's why he's going to shuttup about the offense for the most part and probably resign, and then just wait until Kobe retires.

#14 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Dwight doesn't want to stay here that's feeling I got from the video.... He liked the idea of being free agent and getting paid the most money and I don't think he cares about this season anymore since we're not in the playoffs so he says " we need to get in the playoffs and win a championship" lol he know dayum well he don't believe they can win the championship and is probably trying to leave L.A. And go to a city with less pressure and where he can get most of the touches than anybody else

#15 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,748 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:18 AM

Dwight doesn't want to stay here that's feeling I got from the video.... He liked the idea of being free agent and getting paid the most money and I don't think he cares about this season anymore since we're not in the playoffs so he says " we need to get in the playoffs and win a championship" lol he know dayum well he don't believe they can win the championship and is probably trying to leave L.A. And go to a city with less pressure and where he can get most of the touches than anybody else

the most lucrative deal he can sign is with us.

2div

#16 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:53 AM

niceee

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#17 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 05, 2013 - 05:05 AM

After watching that video..who of you sitll believe dwight is 1000% commited to the lakers after summer?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 05, 2013 - 06:37 AM

90% from the charity stripe in high school? The times have changed.

he was only 150 lbs back then
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#19 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 05, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Now Now, Dwight...you shouldnt be talking like that when Pau has been outplaying you recently

https://twitter.com/...691634168725505

7 games doesn't mean anything compared to a whole season....and Pau, for the majority of the time, has been garbage.

And those stats don't mean much because we have been playing garbage teams.

Edited by LakeShow805, February 05, 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#20 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,122 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:38 AM

they just had a bit of the interview on First Take and Dwight said "I don't have a super good relationship with Jim Buss"

C'mon Dwight, be better than that

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users