56 replies to this topic

#41 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:23 AM

He has been injured for the better part of a year now, and may never be the same. In a league dominated by quick point guards, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to this guy. He is the best center by a huge margin, but I don't think a team centered around him is a winning formula. He is a piece to a winning team, not the focal point.

Orlando Magic 2009.

#42 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:35 AM

There is no big man in the NBA that can give you what Dwight gives you night in and night out and he's still the best center at only 75 percent

#43 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:38 AM

There is no big man in the NBA that can give you what Dwight gives you night in and night out and he's still the best center at only 75 percent

Not true. When Bynum is playing at 75% vs Dwight at 75%, Bynum is better. Problem is Bynum is either 0% or 100%, no in between with that guy.

#44 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Not true. When Bynum is playing at 75% vs Dwight at 75%, Bynum is better. Problem is Bynum is either 0% or 100%, no in between with that guy.

lol you are incredibly ignorant
Posted Image

#45 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 05, 2013 - 09:02 AM

Dwight is not the problem. Coaching is.
Even with Pau gone, do not expect nothing with D'Antoni still at the helm
Posted Image

#46 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:11 AM

Orlando Magic 2009.

Did they win something?

#47 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:16 AM

good lawd

:facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#48 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,283 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:41 AM

You don't want to see this team without Dwight.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#49 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:45 AM

You don't want to see this team without Dwight.

Well technically we have before this season.

#50 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,118 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:57 AM

When Bynum was 75% Lakers were losing early in playoffs.

When Bynum was 0-25% Lakers were winning titles (with him in street clothes & or getting 6-12mins per gm!)
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#51 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,025 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Did they win something?

He was the leader of their team offensively and defensively and carried them to the finals. That's a good enough to me to indicate he can be a focal point of the Lakers

#52 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,283 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Well technically we have before this season.

With D'Antoni coaching. :laughing: Should have added that.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#53 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:36 AM

Value = Production + Stability.
I honestly don't care if we trade him or not before he decides to abandon ship to Brooklyn like he really wanted.
I'm sorry but from what I've seen from D12 this season I see little value in what he brings to the table for the Lakers.
People keep praising the guy and patting him on the back likes hes done a good job this year. Basically kissing his butt in efforts to create stability and build future value. But I believe its a false sense of security. This season he's been a waste of the majority of his $19, 536,360 salary.

Hes averaging 16.5 points and 11 rebounds.....Lamar Odom gave the Lakers close to that while coming off the bench.
It seems when hes not in the game were in rhythm and playing well. Then he comes in and the game plan changes in efforts to force the ball to him in the post. And that would be great if he delivered on a consistent basis. But teams just foul him, send him to the line and we end up wasting a possession. And this season the Lakers don't have possessions they can afford to waste anymore.
He bricks FT's, kills the rally, and then he smiles and plays it off as if it was some fluke situation and he'll get it next time.

And I'm not some strange guy who takes issue with the guy personally. His strengths are rebounding and defense. But when hes in the line up teams are + in both against us? I'm not a coach, so I don't pretend to understand exactly why. It may have been the sucky game plan that for months we all had to witness, which of course didn't help anyone on our team. And I know the dude isnt 100% healthy. So that may limit some of his performance. But if hes playing in the game, should it eliminate his efforts? Because it has from what I've seen.

I've given the guy the benefit of the doubt. Now were playing a game plan that should 100% utilize his strengths. A game plan where KB24 and Nash are feeding him the ball. Its put up or STFU time. No more drama. No more excuses. Its time for Dwight to show value through his production. Then at least we have a legit reason to gamble on his stability with the franchise.

To begin kill the Drew comparisons. Theres no going back. Only forward.

Everyone ^ either tried to make a pun at what I said or was just completely in opposition to any points I had.
Other than salary, production and stability to the Lakers efforts I'm not comparing D12 to Lamar. But after those simple things wtf is left? D12 could be the new god of basketball but if he doesnt commit then LO had more value to our franchise by helping us win 2 Chips. But if you want to compare skill and wages, Shaq made 20 mill when we won 3 straight Chips with him. But again, thats backward.

Those are just a few salary to performance based examples. So please don't skew my actual point.

Someone answer my question with reason and evidence of how/why D12 has been of any value this season?
Everyone can say maybe this, or maybe that, or in the future, or because of potential....blah blah.
KB doesn't have time to hear IF. Only HOW and NOW and there is no real answer because D12's entire career is just one huge variable after another. Thats just my opinion based on what I see. Sorry.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 05, 2013 - 11:53 AM.

#54 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 06, 2013 - 01:44 AM

Still saying Bynum is better?!

My god...

#55 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:09 PM

Dwight is not the problem. Coaching is.
Even with Pau gone, do not expect nothing with D'Antoni still at the helm

Posted Image

#56 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,328 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:44 PM

First of all, i dont put much stock into what Mitch and Co. are saying. Often when he says nothing is happening, something usually is.

Second of all, i Mitch is walking on the razor's edge these days, regarding this season and the next. When Mitch made those statements, the Lakers had found an identiy and was winning. Now we just lost Pau for a month+ and we're still a few games out of the playoffs.

We have six games untill the trade deadline, (Boston, Charlotte, Miami, Phoenix, Clippers, Boston). If we go 2-4 or worse we're basically out of the playoffs and if it looks like we're missing the playoffs, would Mitch STILL bank on Dwight staying? I have my doubts.

#57 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 06, 2013 - 11:41 PM

Missing the playoffs injured or not wouldn't have much of an impact on Dwight's decision.

He's leaving a TON of money behind if he leaves L.A., along with the best after and during career marketing opportunities he'll findf outside of New York, who doesn't have any kind of money to go after him anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users