Pau Gasol is GONE

#22 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:25 PM

If Mitch actually believes in this team as it is current constructed, he should be fired. I think it's delusional at this point to think this team is good. Enough is enough.

Edited by Japago, February 04, 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 622 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:31 PM

If Mitch actually believes in this team as it is current constructed, he should be fired. I think it's delusional at this point to think this team is good. Enough is enough.

What's he supposed to say? "Pau, D'Antoni & our bench totally suck, we're screwed 'til 2014. See you guys next year"?
Posted Image

#24 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:33 PM

It's whatever. I would actually be surprise if a trade was made before the deadline. And if D12 leaves, peace homie. That gives the Lakers that much more money to spend in 2014.
Posted Image

#25 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,043 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted February 04, 2013 - 03:46 PM

What's he supposed to say? "Pau, D'Antoni & our bench totally suck, we're screwed 'til 2014. See you guys next year"?

IF he actually believes that.

Last season, he at least said that they were open to making moves. The fact that he keeps reiterating a hardline stance worries me a little. He could be just saying it to have leverage, but there are other ways to not look desperate than saying you're absolutely not going to make moves.

Posted Image

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,685 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:40 PM

What do you want him to say? Its business. you gotta keep the public happy.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:48 PM

^^ exactly. You can't just say the team sucks and we are trading, waiving and firing. It would be distraction to the players and all. He handled that right.
Posted Image

#28 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,361 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:58 PM

What do you want him to say? Its business. you gotta keep the public happy.

Don't waste your time.

I've explained the whole PR thing many times on this board and people just ignore it.

#29 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:17 PM

IF he actually believes that.

Last season, he at least said that they were open to making moves. The fact that he keeps reiterating a hardline stance worries me a little. He could be just saying it to have leverage, but there are other ways to not look desperate than saying you're absolutely not going to make moves.

Mitch also told the public not to expect anymore big moves after the Nash trade. And you know what happened in August.

#30 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Welp hes gone then lol. I think we should keep him regardless if he threatens to walk or not.
Posted Image

#31 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Dwight won't walk from money.

#32 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:41 PM

Doesn't Mitch usually do the opposite of what he says? Just saying...
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#33 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,342 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I really dont put too much stock into Mitch's official comments. They would have to make the same comments regardless of what they wanted to do with Howard.

#34 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:58 PM

He also said he was going to try to keep session long term and we all know how that turned out

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,732 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:22 PM

Sessions left because he thought we weren't happy with him and he didn't want to be traded, so he claims, but then goes to the WORST possible destination.

It seems like Dwight loves LA, but he wants to be officially courted once the season is over. He wants to see how the towns treat him and his FAITH is a big part of his decision.

I think he will end up in LA when it's all said and done.

#36 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2013 - 12:38 AM

Sessions left because he thought we weren't happy with him and he didn't want to be traded, so he claims, but then goes to the WORST possible destination.

It seems like Dwight loves LA, but he wants to be officially courted once the season is over. He wants to see how the towns treat him and his FAITH is a big part of his decision.

I think he will end up in LA when it's all said and done.

Idk where people are getting some of these ridiculous ideas on why he sessions left

Facts are his agent told him to opt into free agency so he could sign a nice contract.... Mitch gave sessions the run around and when Steve Nash became a possibility Mitch threw sessions to the curb

The only reason sessions isn't here in L.A. Is because of Mitch lets be honest now

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,324 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 05, 2013 - 04:40 AM

Value = Production + Stability.
I honestly don't care if we trade him or not before he decides to abandon ship to Brooklyn like he really wanted.
I'm sorry but from what I've seen from D12 this season I see little value in what he brings to the table for the Lakers.
People keep praising the guy and patting him on the back likes hes done a good job this year. Basically kissing his butt in efforts to create stability and build future value. But I believe its a false sense of security. This season he's been a waste of the majority of his $19, 536,360 salary.

Hes averaging 16.5 points and 11 rebounds.....Lamar Odom gave the Lakers close to that while coming off the bench.
It seems when hes not in the game were in rhythm and playing well. Then he comes in and the game plan changes in efforts to force the ball to him in the post. And that would be great if he delivered on a consistent basis. But teams just foul him, send him to the line and we end up wasting a possession. And this season the Lakers don't have possessions they can afford to waste anymore.
He bricks FT's, kills the rally, and then he smiles and plays it off as if it was some fluke situation and he'll get it next time.

And I'm not some strange guy who takes issue with the guy personally. His strengths are rebounding and defense. But when hes in the line up teams are + in both against us? I'm not a coach, so I don't pretend to understand exactly why. It may have been the sucky game plan that for months we all had to witness, which of course didn't help anyone on our team. And I know the dude isnt 100% healthy. So that may limit some of his performance. But if hes playing in the game, should it eliminate his efforts? Because it has from what I've seen.

I've given the guy the benefit of the doubt. Now were playing a game plan that should 100% utilize his strengths. A game plan where KB24 and Nash are feeding him the ball. Its put up or STFU time. No more drama. No more excuses. Its time for Dwight to show value through his production. Then at least we have a legit reason to gamble on his stability with the franchise.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 05, 2013 - 06:46 AM.

#38 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:04 AM

I honestly don't care if we trade him or not before he decides to abandon ship to Brooklyn like he really wanted.
I'm sorry but from what I've seen from D12 this season I see little value in what he brings to the table for the Lakers.
People keep praising the guy and patting him on the back likes hes done a good job this year. Basically kissing his butt in efforts to create stability and build future value. But I believe its a false sense of security. This season he's been a waste of the majority of his $19, 536,360 salary.

Hes averaging 16.5 points and 11 rebounds.....Lamar Odom gave the Lakers close to that while coming off the bench.
It seems when hes not in the game were in rhythm and playing well. Then he comes in and the game plan changes in efforts to force the ball to him in the post. And that would be great if he delivered on a consistent basis. But teams just foul him, send him to the line and we end up wasting a possession. And this season the Lakers don't have possessions they can afford to waste anymore.
He bricks FT's, kills the rally, and then he smiles and plays it off as if it was some fluke situation and he'll get it next time.

And I'm not some strange guy who takes issue with the guy personally. His strengths are rebounding and defense. But when hes in the line up teams are + in both against us? I'm not a coach, so I don't pretend to understand exactly why. It may have been the sucky game plan that for months we all had to witness, which of course didn't help anyone on our team. And I know the dude isnt 100% healthy. So that may limit some of his performance. But if hes playing in the game, should it eliminate his efforts? Because it has from what I've seen.

I've given the guy the benefit of the doubt. Now were playing a game plan that should 100% utilize his strengths. A game plan where KB24 and Nash are feeding him the ball. Its put up or STFU time. No more drama. No more excuses. Its time for Dwight to show value through his production. Then at least we have a legit reason to gamble on his stability with the franchise.

I stopped reading once you compared him to LO

#39 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,028 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:43 AM

An injured D12 is giving us those numbers on 58% shooting as well as being a solid defensive anchor. Odom never gave the Laker that many points on close to that FG%, and has never averaged that many rebounds in his career, when healthy or not. And I'm not even talking about Odom's below average defense. Dwight Howard has the ability to be a superstar on a contending team in this league, Odom was at best a 6th man, and those days are gone.

#40 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2013 - 07:59 AM

An injured D12 is giving us those numbers on 58% shooting as well as being a solid defensive anchor. Odom never gave the Laker that many points on close to that FG%, and has never averaged that many rebounds in his career, when healthy or not. And I'm not even talking about Odom's below average defense. Dwight Howard has the ability to be a superstar on a contending team in this league, Odom was at best a 6th man, and those days are gone.

He has been injured for the better part of a year now, and may never be the same. In a league dominated by quick point guards, I wouldn't hitch my wagon to this guy. He is the best center by a huge margin, but I don't think a team centered around him is a winning formula. He is a piece to a winning team, not the focal point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users