Photo

Clippers Pursuing Kevin Garnett (Pg. 3 - KG says he will NOT waive trade clause)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:10 PM

The Clipset don't need KG.. they'll always be better without him!

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#42 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 34 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 06, 2013 - 06:45 PM

No thanks.

KG is not the answer. We need a younger Caron haha... I fear that if we did get KG, he would mess up the chemistry. Your thoughts?

#43 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:02 PM

^ Another leader, maybe.

Still, the Clippers are still doing fine, despite what's been happening in their Grammy road road trip.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#44 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 34 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:12 PM

^ Another leader, maybe.

Still, the Clippers are still doing fine, despite what's been happening in their Grammy road road trip.

Can't wait to forget it haha :P

#45 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 335 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 06, 2013 - 08:17 PM

No thanks.

KG is not the answer. We need a younger Caron haha... I fear that if we did get KG, he would mess up the chemistry. Your thoughts?

As a Laker fan, please trade for him. It'll cost some young pieces and I am focused on the long game now.

If I'm a Clipper fan, no way in hell. Your doing fine as is. Weather these injuries and move on.

#46 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:11 AM

Harden better than Kobe....hahahahahah

Yea the guy that disappears in the finals is better lol

^Harden plays against defenses every night designed to stop him, because other teams know if they shut him down no one else on that team is likely to beat them. Kobe can and does often have off nights (due to other teams defense or otherwise) and Lakers still have enough to win.

So their numbers are similar but I give Harden a slight edge now.

Last year Harden was part of a core of players <25 that led OKC to the finals. Ok, he wasnt great when he got there. IT WAS HIS THIRD YEAR IN THE LEAGUE. How many palyers can co-lead their team to the finals at age 23?

But hey I get it, its a Lakers board and I dont expect you guys to be anything less than homers . Fan= fanatic, but a little objectivity and realism never hurts as well.

Edited by LakerGeezer, February 07, 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#47 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 05:32 AM

Harden? Top 5 SG, not better than Kobe yet.

George is a small forward.

Thompson is still too one dimensional and is not even in the discussion for another 3 years or so until he actually adds more to his game.

Kobe is the top SG in the game right now. No doubt about it. That's a basketball perspective too, not a Lakers one.

Paul is Tall but the Pacers often use him as their SG.

Thompson, sorry dont view him as one dimensional at all. He is a deadly 3p shooter, gets to the line alot, underrated defensively. The Warriors shipped Ellis out to give Thompson more playing time, and it has turned out to a good move. He is not Kobe in his prime by any stretch but ... Kobe is no longer in his prime.

#48 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 06:10 AM

Harden is better than Kobe???...

I think we're done here.

Question, if the $ worked, would you trade Kobe for Harden straight up today, and if not, why?

Edited by LakerGeezer, February 07, 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#49 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:37 AM

^Harden plays against defenses every night designed to stop him, because other teams know if they shut him down no one else on that team is likely to beat them. Kobe can and does often have off nights (due to other teams defense or otherwise) and Lakers still have enough to win.

So their numbers are similar but I give Harden a slight edge now.

Last year Harden was part of a core of players <25 that led OKC to the finals. Ok, he wasnt great when he got there. IT WAS HIS THIRD YEAR IN THE LEAGUE. How many palyers can co-lead their team to the finals at age 23?

But hey I get it, its a Lakers board and I dont expect you guys to be anything less than homers . Fan= fanatic, but a little objectivity and realism never hurts as well.

Kobe plays against the same defense every night and attracts more attention than Harden does. If Kobe was on the rockets he would be putting up 30/5/5. Kobe is a better defender, has a better jump shot, better finisher, better post game.....I really don't think Harden is better than him at anything besides flopping. Kobe is a complete player...Harden is not.

Kobe won his first title at 21(or 22 forgot) .....so its whatever. Put a young Kobe on that team or present day Kobe.....they win the finals.

Its not homerism...its common sense. When you make "idiotic statements like Clippers have a better owner and Harden is better than Kobe" then be ready to back it up...which you still havent.

#50 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 07:57 AM

^I have backed it up with facts and meaningful perspective. In return, I mostly get "you're an idiot" responses. I dont mind a good, rebust and respectful debate, but that seems to be a challenge for many on this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to actually anayze something. I disagree with your analysis. Kobe is not the sole focus of the other teams defense when Dwight is healthy, and Nash is on. The Rockets have some nice young players, but the defenses absolutley key on him, watch a few games. He is working very hard to score his points, every night. Kobe works hard too, but it is relative. He has some meaningful help inside and on the perimeter. Harden just has a soft center and a bunch of 3p bombers around him, sometimes they are on, sometimes they stink it up.

Now, if Rockets fans on their boards reach the conclusion that Harden has surpassed Kobe ... is that homerism or common sense?

http://bbs.clutchfan...ad.php?t=231905

Edited by LakerGeezer, February 07, 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#51 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,237 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 07, 2013 - 09:49 AM

Let's get back on topic here, OK?

#52 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,826 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:11 AM

^I have backed it up with facts and meaningful perspective. In return, I mostly get "you're an idiot" responses. I dont mind a good, rebust and respectful debate, but that seems to be a challenge for many on this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to actually anayze something. I disagree with your analysis. Kobe is not the sole focus of the other teams defense when Dwight is healthy, and Nash is on. The Rockets have some nice young players, but the defenses absolutley key on him, watch a few games. He is working very hard to score his points, every night. Kobe works hard too, but it is relative. He has some meaningful help inside and on the perimeter. Harden just has a soft center and a bunch of 3p bombers around him, sometimes they are on, sometimes they stink it up.

Now, if Rockets fans on their boards reach the conclusion that Harden has surpassed Kobe ... is that homerism or common sense?

http://bbs.clutchfan...ad.php?t=231905

Kobe: 27.6/5/5 on 46% shooting
Harden: 25.8/5/4 on 44% shooting

Those are facts and those facts just prove my point. Kobe also doesn't get the benefit of the calls like Harden with his 10 FTA a game.

" Kobe is not the sole focus of the other teams defense when Dwight is healthy, and Nash is on" That just shows you don't watch laker games or you don't understand. Kobe, the best offensive weapon on the team, is the number 1 focal point for the defense night in and night out.

You talk about Harden not having help but when he did have help...he still didn't put up numbers compared to Kobe...19/4/4.

I don't care what Rocket fans have to say, I care what intellectual basketball analysis have to say. Ask any analyst of basketball and 9/10, if not 10/10, will say Kobe is better than Harden. Kobe is a complete player with every skill in the game of basketball...can't say the same fro Harden.

Edit: my bad Fido didn't see your post till now

Edited by LakeShow805, February 07, 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#53 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:12 PM

Let's get back on topic here, OK?

OK ... but it was so much fun and I was so close to the end of the dark alley with these guys ....

Back on point. Bad trade for the Clippers. Old guy, big contract, bad knees. Wondering if the GMs actually talked or whether all this was just a media invention?

#54 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 34 posts

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:19 PM

OK ... but it was so much fun and I was so close to the end of the dark alley with these guys ....

Back on point. Bad trade for the Clippers. Old guy, big contract, bad knees. Wondering if the GMs actually talked or whether all this was just a media invention?

It started off as a twitter rumour which then became a Bleacher Report "Report" (if BR has any credibility).

My opinion is, giving the fact of the aforementioned AND how idiotic this whole idea is, it's fake.

We have too many old guys as it is.

- JC

#55 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 15,521 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:12 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources (w/ @SpearsNBAYahoo): Celtics, Clippers discussing deal centered on Kevin Garnett for Bledsoe, Jordan.http://tinyurl.com/br53wjq

Lol they back to discussing.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, February 15, 2013 - 10:13 PM.

85146fdf-2f3a-45b0-8e85-9715e75efc22_zps

#56 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,934 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Clippers potentially win it with KG unfortunately.

Don't care what you think about the Clippers, a fourth quarter lineup of KG, Griffin, Butler, Billups, and CP3 is huge.

#57 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 824 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yeah I would do that trade in an instant if I am the Cippers. That is a team that can definitely win a title. The Celts get 2 good young players that fill gaps presently and for the future.

#58 Rad

Rad

• 1,531 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 11:21 PM

If this trade goes through, the Clippers become even more of a troublesome team for everyone else.

#59 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,934 posts

Posted February 16, 2013 - 11:24 AM

HOUSTON – Kevin Garnett's name can surface in trade talks all the time. But if the Boston Celtics big man has a say — and he does — the veteran All-Star will remain a Celtic beyond Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

Asked on Saturday morning at All-Star weekend if there was a circumstance or team for which he would drop his no-trade clause, Garnett said, "No."

Garnett then added, "Why would I come back and make the visits to rally this team to go further only to be set up to have change?"

Yahoo Sports reported the Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers were in discussions about a possible trade that would send Garnett to the Clippers for center DeAndre Jordan and guard Eric Bledsoe.

When Garnett sat down in his chair for his availability with news reporters, he began taking questions about how much Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge talks to him about trade scenarios.

"Do I need to call Danny right now?" Garnett said.

The trade questions kept coming.

"That's what today's going to be about it," Garnett said. "This is what y'all want to talk about today? You want to talk about trades?

Well, the trade deadline is less than week away.

"I get it. I get it," Garnett said. "It's all good. If it's up to me, I'm going to live and die green all day."

But it is up to Garnett, since he has a no-trade clause.

"OK then, so what are we talking about?" Garnett said.

OK then.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2013/02/16/boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-no-trade-clause/1924709/

#60 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 15,018 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 16, 2013 - 12:00 PM

There playing great. I have no idea why you try to change your team up. They are having there best season ever. Even if it is Garnet you never know what could happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users