Photo

Clippers Pursuing Kevin Garnett (Pg. 3 - KG says he will NOT waive trade clause)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 12:19 PM

I think they were both bonehead moves. And yes, Majesty, TODAY (not yesterday, maybe not tomorrow) I would submit that the Clippers have a better owner than the disfunctional Buss clan.

Unless the Clippers have a new owner that I don't know about, you're completely wrong.

It was just about year ago that Sterling was considered one of, if not the worst owner of a franchise in ANY sport.

Being handed CP3 by the league doesn't lift him out of that territory.

#22 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 04, 2013 - 02:30 PM

^Sterling is a business man, plain and simple. i think he is worth something like $2B. He has consistently made big money on the Clippers over the years fielding a losing team. That makes him a "lousy" owner in the eyes of the fans, but still a good business man. Somewhere in his very recent past, he flipped a switch and decided to start spending money. Has he become a "good" owner from a fan perspective? Time will tell, but the last year or so has been a different Sterling.

FYI, by comparison Dr Jerry is worth around $400m.

#23 ggim125

ggim125

Off The Bench

• 1,703 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba...attack, conquer

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:20 PM

^Sterling is a business man, plain and simple. i think he is worth something like $2B. He has consistently made big money on the Clippers over the years fielding a losing team. That makes him a "lousy" owner in the eyes of the fans, but still a good business man. Somewhere in his very recent past, he flipped a switch and decided to start spending money. Has he become a "good" owner from a fan perspective? Time will tell, but the last year or so has been a different Sterling.

The Clippers aren't the only source of revenue for Sterling, though, as he has numerous real estate holdings that account for his wealth as well. While Dr. Buss may have earned his money through real estate himself, I believe his primary source of income is through the Lakers.

Edited by ggim125, February 04, 2013 - 04:21 PM.

1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010

Kundla, Pollard, Mikkelsen, Martin, Lovellette, Mikan
Chick, Baylor, West, Wilt, Goodrich, Wilkes, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Shaq, Kobe, Pau

#24 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 688 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:21 PM

When did Sterling being a "good" businessman correlate to him being a good owner? And wasn't this the same guy accused of racist and discriminatory rental practices?

Anyway I digress. Apparently KG isn't going anywhere unless Pierce gets dealt?

@Powell2daPeople Told Kevin Garnett will not waive no trade unless Pierce is dealt, and then only to LA. Lives in Malibu.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,692 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 04, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I would defiantly take garnet right now would be a massive upgrade over garnet. being that he would only be willing to be traded LA and I have no idea why the clippers would make any changes right now lakers may have a chance.

I wouldnt be shocked if peirce gets dealt being that there season is screwed. Yes they may make playoffs but they wont be able to do anything without rondo.

#26 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:11 PM

Buss is a winning man...plain and simple.

Buss is worth more than $400m lol.....the lakers alone are worth over a billion.

#27 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:30 PM

http://hoopshype.com/owners.htm

#28 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,523 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 05:47 PM

I know this is a Clippers trade.
But would you guys trade Gasol for Garnet?

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#29 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:10 PM

in a heart beat yes
Posted Image

#30 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted February 04, 2013 - 06:20 PM

I know this is a Clippers trade.
But would you guys trade Gasol for Garnet?

We got Gasol instead of prime KG in '07 and we were better off in the end :laughing:.

#31 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 07:27 PM

http://hoopshype.com/owners.htm

Lakers= 1 billion dollar worth..................16 titles, 32 final appearances.
Clippers= 430 million dollar worth............0 titles, 0 final appearances

Buss> Sterling

/thread

#32 serenityy

serenityy

Off The Bench

• 1,898 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:15 PM

If the Lakers had a better record you would say Buss is supreme yeah? So year to year, not collectively, decides the best owner?

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,862 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Wow...Jim helps gets us "Best passer in the game", "Best shooter in the game"( same person) and the Best Center in the game, to go along with Best SG in the game and his HoF sidekick....

Clippers got a band of rejects together and paired them with Blake and chris and thus far it's working, but as injuries hit them, the way the Lakers have been hit this season, they are starting to lose.

#34 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 11:01 AM

^Best passer in the game ... vintage what year? Magic was a great passer, should he suit up now too?

Best center in the game, he was that may be that agian, but no guarantees.

Best SG in the game, he was that in his prime, not anymore.

All the past tense "bests" are surrounded by a bunch of overpaid D-League qulaity players and you guys want to annoint Mitch and Jimmy as God's gift to the the sport? Wow, just wow.

Stop living in the past, fellas. the future for this team is bleak, to say the least.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 05, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Really? Who's a better 2 in the league than Kobe?

And how are those Clippers looking now that injuries have started to hit them?

With all their depth no less :P

We lost 3 games with which gasol and dwight didn't play in. Not to mention it took our team 40+ to play 17 games together due to injury.

Now that the injury bug has hit the Clippers, not looking so good are they? And I believe they lost 3 straight without Paul. And that's s with Bledsoe playing guard, not darius morris or cris duhon which we have cause Blake was injured.

Imagine if you had to play 2 months without bledsoe or Paul. Or is it too horrible?

Edited by Majesty, February 05, 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#36 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,775 posts

Posted February 05, 2013 - 02:43 PM

^I am not talking about the Clippers, I was responding to a post about the Lakers.

I dont view Kobe as the top SG in the game any more. That he is not should not be a surprise at his age. He is an incredible athelete to be doing what he is doing at his age. So this is not a knock on Kobe at all, its just that time marches on. I think Harden has passed him now. Their numbers are actually very close, but I think Harden wins by a nose this year. However, as Kobe slows down and Harden maintains his production (or increases it) the gap will get wider. Some would say Wade is better as well, not sure I would agree.

And if we are talking about the immediate future (next 2-3 years) I see several other passing Kobe soon as well, as he slow down. Klay Thompson, Paul George come to mind immediately.

#37 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,683 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 05, 2013 - 10:48 PM

I don't see any different with being worth 400m over being worth 2B. Do you? Will these guys ever have to worry about money in their lives? Do they live their lifestyles any differently? Nah.

But their reputations around the NBA? Let's just say Sterling has a long way to go.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 06, 2013 - 03:59 AM

^I am not talking about the Clippers, I was responding to a post about the Lakers.

I dont view Kobe as the top SG in the game any more. That he is not should not be a surprise at his age. He is an incredible athelete to be doing what he is doing at his age. So this is not a knock on Kobe at all, its just that time marches on. I think Harden has passed him now. Their numbers are actually very close, but I think Harden wins by a nose this year. However, as Kobe slows down and Harden maintains his production (or increases it) the gap will get wider. Some would say Wade is better as well, not sure I would agree.

And if we are talking about the immediate future (next 2-3 years) I see several other passing Kobe soon as well, as he slow down. Klay Thompson, Paul George come to mind immediately.

Harden is better than Kobe???...

I think we're done here.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#39 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:32 AM

Harden? Top 5 SG, not better than Kobe yet.

George is a small forward.

Thompson is still too one dimensional and is not even in the discussion for another 3 years or so until he actually adds more to his game.

Kobe is the top SG in the game right now. No doubt about it. That's a basketball perspective too, not a Lakers one.

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,468 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Harden better than Kobe....hahahahahah

Yea the guy that disappears in the finals is better lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users