#1 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Fisher

Posted February 02, 2013 - 12:07 PM

Houston has a tough stretch coming up after they play Charlotte tonight.

vs. Golden State - Should lose this one
@ Miami - Loss
vs Portland - Could go either way. Probably win
@ Sacramento - Probably win
@ Golden State - Loss
@ LAC - Loss
vs. OKC - Loss
@ Brooklyn - Loss
@ Washington (been playing better as of late) - Probably win but they've been better
vs. Milwaukee - could go either way

Some winnable games in there but a lot of potential to go on a bad losing streak

Compare that to ours:

@ Detroit - Win
@ Brooklyn - Could go either way
@ Boston - Hopefully win, but wouldn't be surprised if we lost
@ Charlotte - Win
@ Miami - Probably a loss but we played them tough last time and we're playing better so maybe a W
vs Phoenix - Win
vs LAC - Hopefully win
vs Boston - Win
vs Portland - Win

We don't exactly have an easy schedule but we play worse teams overall. But we also have the rest of that road streak. I think the schedule favors us a little bit and even though the record doesn't show it, I think we're a better team than Houston. There's a chance to make up some ground here.

#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,536 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2013 - 03:10 PM

With the way the Lakers close games this season, you can't really predict a win or loss...

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 02, 2013 - 05:43 PM

Very biased post. You can't say "maybe a loss for Houston against the wizards" and then say "maybe a win against the heat for us"

And then u can't give them a "probable win against the kings" then give us a win against Boston. Every one of the games that they would win you say "probably a win" then for us every loss you say "hopefully a win"

Edited by MrKnowItAll, February 02, 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:56 PM

You could probably win or lose any game. It's the NBA, not pick up basketball.

With that being said, they have a tough stretch coming up, but we're the horrible road team playing a ton of road games, so I don't see is catching them for another 15 or so games.

#5 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Very biased post. You can't say "maybe a loss for Houston against the wizards" and then say "maybe a win against the heat for us"

And then u can't give them a "probable win against the kings" then give us a win against Boston. Every one of the games that they would win you say "probably a win" then for us every loss you say "hopefully a win"

I understand it's a biased post. It is my opinion. And I don't think I was as clear as I could/should have been. The Heat is, until proven otherwise, a loss. I am definitely speaking with optimism in these posts but, basing it on records, I think it was pretty realistic for the most part. The only one was against the Clippers that was hopefully a win. I said probably a loss on the Heat. Not saying I'm Nostradamus, but I think this is an optimistic but realistic outlook on this stretch of games for both teams.

#6 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,846 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Cant think of any other criteria you based your wins and losses other than being biased ..

We had these kind of imaginations after every new season we had this year ,, until proven i aint hoping big.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,299 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 03, 2013 - 01:44 AM

And then u can't give them a "probable win against the kings" then give us a win against Boston.

Actually you can. Styles make fights.

Some teams can trouble you more than others yet other teams not so much. Its bery probable in basketball that a team could matchup with one team badly but still have the matchups to beat the heat.

It aint A team beats B team so B team can't beat C team unless the playstyles are similar

That'd be like me saying we beat the Warriors and the Knicks and Minesotta so we'll beat the Heat cause they lost to them...

You're being overcimplistic while trying to accuse him of being oversimplistic.

Edited by Majesty, February 03, 2013 - 01:47 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 04:14 AM

Actually you can. Styles make fights.

Some teams can trouble you more than others yet other teams not so much. Its bery probable in basketball that a team could matchup with one team badly but still have the matchups to beat the heat.

It aint A team beats B team so B team can't beat C team unless the playstyles are similar

That'd be like me saying we beat the Warriors and the Knicks and Minesotta so we'll beat the Heat cause they lost to them...

You're being overcimplistic while trying to accuse him of being oversimplistic.

How did I know you were gonna be the one that defended this?

So you think that the rockets losing to the wizards and the lakers beating the heat are the realistic predictions? I know it's the nba and any team can win, but you're defending a statement that is fueled by a man with a very biased opinion trying to sell us that it is a very realistic opinion.

If you are going to do a topic like this and if you want it to be a non biased topic than u should put out definite answers to who you think will win each game and why. Or you put which team is favored for each game. You don't put:
1. Hopefully a win for the inferior team that you want to win.
2. Maybe a loss for the superior team that you want to lose.
3. "I say this because it's realistically optomistic."

Why are we better than the rockets in your eyes?
You are what your record says, the rockets are a better overall team than us, this year, so far.

#9 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 11:23 AM

How did I know you were gonna be the one that defended this?

So you think that the rockets losing to the wizards and the lakers beating the heat are the realistic predictions? I know it's the nba and any team can win, but you're defending a statement that is fueled by a man with a very biased opinion trying to sell us that it is a very realistic opinion.

If you are going to do a topic like this and if you want it to be a non biased topic than u should put out definite answers to who you think will win each game and why. Or you put which team is favored for each game. You don't put:
1. Hopefully a win for the inferior team that you want to win.
2. Maybe a loss for the superior team that you want to lose.
3. "I say this because it's realistically optomistic."

Why are we better than the rockets in your eyes?
You are what your record says, the rockets are a better overall team than us, this year, so far.

Lol I understand it's a biased post but now you're just misquoting me. I said the rockets would probably beat the wizards and we would probably lose to the heat.

#10 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 12:43 PM

Lol I understand it's a biased post but now you're just misquoting me. I said the rockets would probably beat the wizards and we would probably lose to the heat.

I didn't misquote you.

#11 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 01:44 PM

I didn't misquote you.

"So you think that the rockets losing to the wizards and the lakers beating the heat are the realistic predictions?"

Where exactly did I make either of those predictions? Please show me.

The only one I wasn't realistic about was the Clippers. I said hopefully win but I can acknowledge that based on records, they'll probably beat us.

Edited by zmarchbank, February 03, 2013 - 01:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users