All-Star

• 6,009 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 02, 2013 - 05:00 PM

The worst....I can't listen to them.

2. They said Blake Griffin is going to be shooting like Dirk

I heard their announcer say that in the pre-season - seemed irrational.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#22 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 02, 2013 - 05:19 PM

1. I've heard them say Bledsoe is as good as Westbrook
3. They said Blake Griffin is Dirk/Malone combined.

They said that Blake will be a better version of lebron too.

#23 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,764 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 05:23 PM

I remember Michael Smith saying "there's a lesson for the rookie". Smh. What's the lesson? That with 3 seconds left in an absolute blowout the other team is going to try to trick you into a cheap turnover? Bush league, Caron.

Mike Smith is annoying. All he does is say the most stupidest stats & boast about playing with Kevin McHale.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#24 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted February 03, 2013 - 09:59 AM

That Smith dude and the other old dude that says "Bingo!" are up there as some of the most biased announcers in the NBA. Absolute homers.

Ralph Lawler has his moments but he isn't that bad, IMO. I can tolerate him. Michael Smith on the other hand, is so annoying and biased. His homerism is so disgusting.

Posted Image

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,245 posts

Posted February 03, 2013 - 02:08 PM

The clippers announcers are so second rate. Ralph is so campy, and smith is an ass wipe. If I'm the clippers i would have fire him yesterday
Posted Image

#26 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:26 PM

Michael Smith is horrible.

I heard him call Hollins one of the best post defenders in the game today during one telecast

#27 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Michael Smith is horrible.

I heard him call Hollins one of the best post defenders in the game today during one telecast

I heard him say Blake could be the next Dirk Nowitzki if he developed a jumpshot. lololol

#28 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,764 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 08:55 PM

I was expecting Butler to shake one of the Washington player's hand and steal the ball from him, lol.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

• 40,494 posts

Posted February 04, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Scumbag move.

Stat padding at it's worst.

Anyone remember this?

yo.

#30 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I like Butler out of all the Clippers...but why the hell did he do this?

He was mad, I guess...

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#31 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 06, 2013 - 07:02 PM

1. I've heard them say Bledsoe is as good as Westbrook
3. They said Blake Griffin is Dirk/Malone combined.

1. "Could be as good as Westbrook, same raw talent"
2. He's shooting like Dirk, IN THIS GAME... You know... Relevant to what people are watching? Also, he DOES have moments of Dirk-esque. (keyword: "moments")
3. Mike said that "He can BECOME a Dirk/Malone combined player" ... Ralph: "He needs to work on his shooting stroke, Mike Smith"

They're not ALWAYS biased. I really don't like Mike Smith, he gets a little carried away sometimes, but Ralph corrects him pretty fast....though, now that I think about it, EVERY paid commentator has to show "SOME" level of bias (appeasing the networks viewers), unless it's a 3rd party station covering the game independently.

just me 0.02

- JC

Edited by JoeClipplet, February 06, 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#32 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 10:16 AM

1. "Could be as good as Westbrook, same raw talent"
2. He's shooting like Dirk, IN THIS GAME... You know... Relevant to what people are watching? Also, he DOES have moments of Dirk-esque. (keyword: "moments")
3. Mike said that "He can BECOME a Dirk/Malone combined player" ... Ralph: "He needs to work on his shooting stroke, Mike Smith"

They're not ALWAYS biased. I really don't like Mike Smith, he gets a little carried away sometimes, but Ralph corrects him pretty fast....though, now that I think about it, EVERY paid commentator has to show "SOME" level of bias (appeasing the networks viewers), unless it's a 3rd party station covering the game independently.

just me 0.02

- JC

1. Nope... he said he is in the same league as Westbrook
2. Nope..wrong " he said Blake's shooting coach will make him shooting like Dirk.
3. Pretty much what they said and they sounded stupid as hell. Malone was not soft like Griffin and Griffin will never have the shooting stroke like Dirk.

Stop trying to hide their bias. They are some of the most biased announcers I've heard.

#33 JoeClipplet

JoeClipplet

Rookie

• 35 posts
  • Name:Joe
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:15 PM

1. Nope... he said he is in the same league as Westbrook
2. Nope..wrong " he said Blake's shooting coach will make him shooting like Dirk.
3. Pretty much what they said and they sounded stupid as hell. Malone was not soft like Griffin and Griffin will never have the shooting stroke like Dirk.

Stop trying to hide their bias. They are some of the most biased announcers I've heard.

1. You're wrong, I listen to them every single game. Mike Smith may have said "same class" but Ralph always corrects his "bias" with "time will tell" or something like that... see with commentating, it's a relationship between two people, they have to be somewhat opposite too for some objectivity. Mike Smith is the crazier, wild eyed person while Ralph is the seasoned vet who's seen it all and has Logic.

What I find is that people will listen to something and then completely disregard the rest of the conversation, because they are personally satisfied with the opinion they just made in their head. It's funny because I wrote a huge thing about how every team has biased announcers, and you've completely disregarded that.

Coming from a Clippers fan I wish they were a little more homerish at times, especially when things aren't going right. ("Another turnover... and that's basically the story of this game".

- JC

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,595 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 07, 2013 - 03:24 PM

1. You're wrong, I listen to them every single game. Mike Smith may have said "same class" but Ralph always corrects his "bias" with "time will tell" or something like that... see with commentating, it's a relationship between two people, they have to be somewhat opposite too for some objectivity. Mike Smith is the crazier, wild eyed person while Ralph is the seasoned vet who's seen it all and has Logic.

What I find is that people will listen to something and then completely disregard the rest of the conversation, because they are personally satisfied with the opinion they just made in their head. It's funny because I wrote a huge thing about how every team has biased announcers, and you've completely disregarded that.

Coming from a Clippers fan I wish they were a little more homerish at times, especially when things aren't going right. ("Another turnover... and that's basically the story of this game".

- JC

I know what I heard.

I can't listen to them...way too biased

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users