Photo

What is with this team that just refuses to get back on D?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:18 PM

I mean seriously wtf is this? I can not even begin to count how many times I have seen the opposing team rebound the ball after a Laker miss, and we have at least 1 person sitting back looking at them rebounding instead of running and getting back on D. Like WTF DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO HAPPEN? You are not going to stare them down and make them drop the rebound, get the [expletive] back and play some D and quit letting us get burned. Gasol is a huge culprit of this, but so is Jamison and MWP.

#2 idontevenknow

idontevenknow

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Zeus
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Totally agree. This is ridiculous

#3 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,893 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Arguing too much

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#4 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Mda
Posted Image

#5 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 01, 2013 - 08:57 PM

Best possible outcome tonight. A win + Pau looked pretty good for his audition.

Debbie Downer

#6 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:03 PM

Frustrating second half. We got the win most importantly...

Kobe's shooting is becoming a Q ..

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:05 PM

old legs, turnovers that leads to transition points. this problem been a problem longgggggggggggg before MDA

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:23 PM

Frustrating second half. We got the win most importantly...

Kobe's shooting is becoming a Q ..

And that is why I think this style can win us games but not ships.
Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself but IF we were to make it to the playoffs and make a run at the title, we will not go far when we need Kobe the most if his mindset is to pass first. This isnt who he is and we need him to be who he's built to be, a fearless scorer, in order for us to battle the best teams in the league.

He's doing Nash's job and it's affecting his scoring mentality.
I wouldn't want to rely on guys like Meeks and Jamison and World Peace to get us buckets when we need them the most in a 7 game series.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#9 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,183 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2013 - 09:30 PM

^I believe Kobe brought up the point of how being the primary facilitator sometimes takes him out of an offensive rhythm, and it's tough to just get it going again when needed.

It'll probably take a few more games for him to find a balance he's comfortable with.

#10 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:01 PM

They are lazy.

Kobe is lazy and nash is lazy and Pau is lazy and Metta is lazy. They don't have any heart either. They suck.

I mean what do you want someone to say?

we're an older team. We aren't fast, especially trying to apply the brakes and reverse.

#11 Anautikus

Anautikus

#DominateLA

• 689 posts
  • Fan Since:All Star Weekend '98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, the Candyman

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:19 PM

Obviously I'm getting ahead of myself but IF we were to make it to the playoffs and make a run at the title, we will not go far when we need Kobe the most if his mindset is to pass first. This isnt who he is and we need him to be who he's built to be, a fearless scorer, in order for us to battle the best teams in the league.

I wouldn't want to rely on guys like Meeks and Jamison and World Peace to get us buckets when we need them the most in a 7 game series.

Winning games is our primary concern right now. They shouldn't be thinking past the next game when they're still 5-6 games behind .500. I think Kobe realizes this and we need him to get the others going for the team to even have a shot at the playoffs.

As for closing games, I'd still trust Nash to take the big shots late game, but we all know Kobe won't defer when it counts most, and I'd still #CountOnKobe.

Edited by Anautikus, February 01, 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#DominateInjuries

#DominateHashtags

#DominateDominating

#KobeSystem

#12 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 10:52 PM

Its more of kobe overpassing, like the baseline pass today was stupid.. I hope its a transitional thing, now all he thinks about is pass, he passes up open shots sometimes, and thats because his mindset is to pass first ...I think he will/should adjust to play more of percentages, you have a shot ? shoot. Pass is better ? go for it ..

2 more games and he should figure it out .. Kobe also has to practice shooting before games, just to keep him in rhythm. Cause before the magic mamba thing, he doesn't, it was only nash ,ron and duhon ..

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,437 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:09 PM

I mostly just get annoyed when kobe argues with the ref and doesn't get back. Does it way to much.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,944 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:17 PM

Yeah but at the same time if it was a seven game series in the final moments would you rather Kobe drive on 3 people and force a shot or drive on 3 people and feed it to a wide open Jamison cutting to the basket for an easy layup.

Kobe as the decoy is how we beat Denver last year and I think it depends on scenario. As long as we have an equal flow we should be fine. That said we need a healthy dwight which will open up things a lot more for a facilitating Kobe. Because after breaking down the D on a few drive and dishes they'll be hesitant to double off dwight or others so then Kobe can get an easy shot at the rim. Like the OkC game. They were so worried about helping TO kobe that he got two easy layups in crucial times.

Hope I worded that right.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#15 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,243 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:18 PM

Mda

Our transition D was worse with mb

#16 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yeah but refs at times are annoying as [expletive] .. I don't blame him , mostly anyway.

#17 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,887 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Yeah but at the same time if it was a seven game series in the final moments would you rather Kobe drive on 3 people and force a shot or drive on 3 people and feed it to a wide open Jamison cutting to the basket for an easy layup.

Kobe as the decoy is how we beat Denver last year and I think it depends on scenario. As long as we have an equal flow we should be fine. That said we need a healthy dwight which will open up things a lot more for a facilitating Kobe. Because after breaking down the D on a few drive and dishes they'll be hesitant to double off dwight or others so then Kobe can get an easy shot at the rim. Like the OkC game. They were so worried about helping TO kobe that he got two easy layups in crucial times.

Hope I worded that right.

Neither. If we have games like Suns one, where they doubled team him and others were missing open shots, then you would want him to score, and if he does shoot like he did in the last couple of games, then its a problem ..

He has to manage between both, he should be able to do it .. Others will not shoot like they did in the 1st half of today's game nor will they score consistently .. 25/8/4 should be manageable ..

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:00 AM

While getting back on D is an issue, that goes hand in hand with what the real problem is...

Too many three pointers.

We started off the game on fire but once they switched to the zone, I was shocked D'Antoni coached like he never saw a zone before.

The T'Wolves baited the team into taking threes because we weren't going to hit them all game, as a result, they were expecting misses and getting out in the open court. I swear it was like D'Antoni told them, "Okay guys, they switched to a zone, that means more open threes! Keep shooting!"

This is the biggest issue I have watching games. You have to be somewhat knowledgeable with game management when almost up 30. Lakers should have been finding easier baskets with ball movement despite the zone. Instead we continued to chuck threes and it nearly cost us again.

#19 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,204 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Because it requires hard work, is not likely to land you on a sportscenter highlight, the coach does not demand it, no one around you is doing it and the team philosophy is that they can just score more than you do.

Debbie Downer

#20 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 02, 2013 - 06:10 AM

u cant have MWP, Pau, & Jamison on court at same time with no D12. They gotta be the worst trio on defense
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users