#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,505 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2013 - 04:15 AM

Kobe Bryant referring to himself as a point guard? No not really, but he has found a passion in his new found playing style, it's not really just a love. More like an obsession as Kobe put it.

"When I'm focused in on something, I become obsessed with it and I won't stop until I'm the best at it."

When asked if he's found that obsession, love and joy in being main facilitator lately Bryant answered. "Can't you tell?"

There is also a second reason he has a love for it "second, because none of you people(the media) said I could."

But it seems that being a tall point guard was something always in Kobe's mind from childhood. Where(aside from his father) his basketball idol was Magic Johnson as Kobe expressed wanting to be the next great tall point guard to follow in his footsteps.

"My idol was Magic Johnson and it was always my dream to be a 6 9 point guard but when the day came I realized I wasn't gonna grow anymore and make it to 6 9, that was the end of that."

However Kobe maintains IF he did go that route, he'd have been the greatest. "I'm not gonna stand here and tell you that if I had decided to be a point guard that I wouldn't have been the best."

Regardless, it seems like Kobe has found that childhood spark, it's apparent with every game, and now Kobe is downright "obsessed" as he puts it with becoming the best facilitator of all time.

Speaking of which Kobe is statistically the greatest scoring facilitator as of right now.

Of the top 5 scorers in NBA history where Kobe Bryant now sits, he has passed Kareem as the all time leader in assists among them. Kobe Bryant with years left in his career is now leading the greatest scorers of all time in assists, and soon, points as well.

And with his new obsession with being the best facilitator in the league, there's many more to come.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,505 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2013 - 05:14 AM

The fact Kobe has passed all other top 5 scorers of all time in assists is astounding.

Hopefully Kobe still has a few more years to find out what else he can eclipse!

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just a thought.
If KB was always a PG, maybe Shaq would never had left the Lakers? Probably coulda won 2 or 3 more chips together.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 01, 2013 - 07:03 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:08 AM

Question...how many dunks per game are the Lakers getting with PG KB, as opposed to SG KB? It seems like many more.

Edited by LakersGAFan, February 01, 2013 - 06:08 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#5 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,091 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:09 AM

There is a fine line between being extremely confident and being a narcissist.

Debbie Downer

#6 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,975 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 01, 2013 - 06:36 AM

Patrick Ewing/Charles Barkley = Extremely Confident

Michael Jordan/Kobe Bryant = Narcissistic

www.twitter.com/ukuga