107 replies to this topic

#21 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,709 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:51 PM

No Sheet Sherlock!

Move Kobe to SF & Start Ebanks at SG ASAP!

lol ebanks at SG.

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,045 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:14 PM

He's played well pretty much most of the season and made some key defensive stops in the OKC game including a steal against Durant in the final moments as well as hitting key threes in 2 of the ast 4 games but suddenly he's useless?

Didn't he juist come off a 17 and 10 performance?

Anyway, Kobe probably cares more about Metta than Pau right now.

Why? Because Kobe can depend on him more to bring it every night, good or bad game he never slacks off.

Second, he is an attitude in the locker room that is valued, doesn't care how many minutes he plays or who plays in front of him and has a 'team first' mentality.

Thirdly, he isn't afraid to take initiative, be it good or bad and is willing to take the blame when he plays bad and gives credit to the team when he plays good.

Forthly and this is important, he gives credit to the players that take more minutes, he praised Clark and Jamison and didn't care that he didn't play the forth and won't cry about how often D'antoni plays him. That matters when it comes to team morale especially when searching for unity.

As a whole, this has been his best year, and don't beat OKC or New York without him.

In terms of team loyalty and heart he gives on the court in combination of his shining moments on both the offensive and defensive end as well as his never ending hustle, he is hard to replace.

And to be frank No TEAM would trade someone better than him to us. He is not the problem with this team$

His threes have actually been down lately. He only got so many threes last night because Dwight got hurt and we bunched up too much on one side. A spacing issue Kobe is already working with the team on after noticing it.

Every team needs someone like Netta and we're fortunate to have him. He does for us what battier does for the heat and they don't win a title without it.

We don't need stylized perfection, we need a veteran that's able to knockdown corner threes, is a positive influence in the locker room and that can give us 15 or more a night and never stops hustling on either end. Metta can.

There's other people that should be replaced way before him, people like Gasol, Duhon and Ebanks should be gone from this team before Metta even got considered.

Ill take one or two bad games from Metta because of his willingness to bring it I know good games aren't far off.

He's a momentum guy, when he's in a groove our team feeds off that momentum. And he's the only other guy on this team aside from Kobe and Dwight that could score the first 10 points of a game and get us on a roll. That's needed.

What we need to do is focus on replacing people that won't get playing time(duhon and ebanks) or people that are just being a locker room cancer and lacking effort on a night in basis(gasol)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,445 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Ron can't stay with the better 3's. His foot speed is gone. He still has quick hands. He plays hard non-stop but he's very inconsistent in other areas.

veqdeg.jpg

#24 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Some of the shots he attempts are ridiculous. Totally off balance, he'll pump fake a three then take a step to the side and be completely tilted while he hucks an airball. It happens every game now at least once, he's almost humerously out of control with his shots now.

#25 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,345 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:26 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=batwfhy

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#26 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:32 PM

He hasn't slowed down Durant or Lebron. He cant check small forwards and shooting guards anymore...hes only good for guarding Power Forwards who are slow and cant dribble. Plenty of signs that we're done with Ron starting on our team

The only really good performance I've seen from him this season is against OKC last Sunday. Most of the time, he just can't keep up with young SFs and especially young SGs anymore.

People keep using the excuse that you can't stop some of the guys he's defending. True, but he's allowing these players above their averages. And when you allow players above their averages, that's below average defense.

I don't care about "working hard". I care about results.

Edited by Japago, January 31, 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 03:54 PM

Ron really isn't for small forwards anymore, he's used to bother power forwards, clark is for guarding 3s now unless he's having a bad game or in foul trouble.

#28 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:11 PM

Ron really isn't for small forwards anymore, he's used to bother power forwards, clark is for guarding 3s now unless he's having a bad game or in foul trouble.

Because he can't guard wing players anymore. And the problem is that PF is also becoming more athletic, with some teams using wings players at that position like Melo, Lebron, and Durant.

Posted Image

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,345 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:23 PM

gosh someday there will be a "trade world peace" thread..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#30 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,500 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Wait a minute, just a few months ago everyone said MWP was 'Ballin', now you guys claim he is done? What kind of Laker fans are you guys? Everyone has bad games once in a while, sheesh.

Once in a while you say?

World Peace says he's in the best shape ever, yet still misses threes, loses the ball nearly all the time when he drives to the the basket, he's stopping the ball movement during offense, and his defense is clearly dropped significantly.

He. Is. Done.

Edited by Hey, January 31, 2013 - 04:37 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:35 PM

Eah but Ron bothers most power forwards on the defensive end in western matchup. Mostly only Durant and LeBron get him and even still at times he does cause Durant a problem or two. Not as often he used to but he does.

He's more reliable than Gasol who should and would be moved before Metta should get any consideration. No other team is gonna give us. Wing like avery bradley or david west for him.

Trade gasol for pekovic derrick williams and ak and we're fine. $
Trading metta hurts us more than helps since we aren't gonna get a wing that duplicates his hustle or initiative or loyalty. No wing that is that another team would trade us for him.

Focus on getting pekovic ak and williams from minni for Pau instead as pau is an asset teams want.

#32 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 04:49 PM

Forget Gasol because he's a problem too.

Metta can't guard elite wings anymore, which is what the Lakers brought him here for and what the Lakers need the most. Earl Clark isn't the guy to do it either. Metta has declined further than he has the last few years on defense, and is starting to revert back to his bad offense from the last couple of years.

He's not great at guarding PFs either. Some are still too quick for him, and other ones are too big for him. I think that's a better position for him though.

Edited by Japago, January 31, 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Cause of two games? He aside from Kobe has been the most consistent Laker this year. Two games don't change that. When the ball is moving and Dwight is playing Metta doesn't get an abundance of shots. Usually somewhere between 8 and 10. It only went to 17 last night because one, dwight was out, two, clark was being unselfish, three, Nash's shot wasn't falling. And we were bunched on one side.

Expect a majority of the threes metta used to get to go to Nash as soon as he gets used to moving off ball more often(which Metta is helping with on the court)

#34 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 05:08 PM

He'd honestly be fine if he could cut out the mental mistakes on offense.

He can still play decent D for the most part, but he needs to be limited to catch and shoot wide open 3's or post up smaller guys only.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,045 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 05:18 PM

He'd honestly be fine if he could cut out the mental mistakes on offense.

He can still play decent D for the most part, but he needs to be limited to catch and shoot wide open 3's or post up smaller guys only.

He also bothers most 4s not named Durant and Lebron. And against Beasley Kobe hit the nail on the head said that when Beasley got lead to his strong side(towards Pau) that the D(metta) had no support(from Pau).

I saw Metta lead Beasley to Gasol was it 3 times or so? And even once Beasley fumbled the ball and Gasol offered no help and didnt really contest it either.

If that was Dwight metta was leading beasley too it'd gotten swatted each time.

Kobe was very clear where the defensive problems were (Gasol) and called it "unacceptable".

So like I said, Metta is a good role player on this team and is often time the second or third leading scorer on the team. Bigger problems need to be taken care of before Metta even needs to be considrred for trade.

Metta is fine, this is his best season in years and his off season work has done him good. Aside from his groin injury he's battling(bet you didn't even know he had one) he's doing fine.

#36 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:22 PM

Metta shot 38% from the field during the entire month of January.

Edited by Japago, January 31, 2013 - 06:23 PM.

Posted Image

#37 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Honestly the Lakers just need someone who can make open threes. At an NBA level honestly how hard can that be? We're not even talking about contested or off balance shots or whatever.

In the 2009 playoffs when the Lakers had Ariza teams tried the same [expletive] but he made them pay by shooting 50% from beyond the arc. I think a good solution might be playing MWP more at the 4 and having Nash on the strong side of the Kobe drive instead.

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 31, 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#38 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 31, 2013 - 06:24 PM

Lol mwp is a joke should have been amnestied
Posted Image

#39 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:15 PM

We have so much dead weight that it isn't even funny.

#40 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 08:34 PM

i think saying Metta is dead weight is pushing it. He's probably better suited as a high minute bench guy playing 25-30 minutes. The only problem is that the Lakers don't have a lot of options on this roster.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users