• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:36 PM

I dont know if Clark is the answer or if Kobe should start at the 3 with Meeks at the 2, but Metta's time as a starter is done. His role needs to be reduced so he can play backup 3 and undersized 4 or he needs to be traded. Hes an absolute mess

Straight out of NBA.com. Look at his shooting in the 4th Quarters

http://www.nba.com/a...od;splitValue=4

Posted Image

For the month of January

34 minutes, 13.3 points, 4.8/12.5 field goals, 38.5% FG, 2.3/6.6 3FG, 34% from 3s and a career low 1.1 assists a game this month

He takes the 2nd most shots on the team after Kobe. He takes the most 3 point shots on the team. Career low in assists all year, career low in assists this month

Last night Beasley torched him pretty good and Pau played like crap protecting the rim (thats a diferent story)

He hasn't slowed down Durant or Lebron. He cant check small forwards and shooting guards anymore...hes only good for guarding Power Forwards who are slow and cant dribble. Plenty of signs that we're done with Ron starting on our team

Edited by MDI, January 31, 2013 - 12:38 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:43 PM

I agree, MWP is completely done. We should have amnestied him in the offseason and we could have gotten Michael Beasley, the guy who torched the Lakers in the last game.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:44 PM

We need to somehow go out and get Kyler Korver. Give him those open three's and he'll knock them down.

#4 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,211 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:45 PM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#5 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,379 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Sign glen rice

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#6 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Wait a minute, just a few months ago everyone said MWP was 'Ballin', now you guys claim he is done? What kind of Laker fans are you guys? Everyone has bad games once in a while, sheesh.

#7 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:51 PM

Wait a minute, just a few months ago everyone said MWP was 'Ballin', now you guys claim he is done? What kind of Laker fans are you guys? Everyone has bad games once in a while, sheesh.

Ummm hes not getting the job done. Hes not helping us win games. So why keep him? I posted the numbers for the month of January...an entire month of games he shot 34% from 3s while taking 6 attempts a game. How is this acceptable??

Edited by MDI, January 31, 2013 - 12:51 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#8 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:53 PM

MWP has his shining moments, but he also has his bonehead plays. He needs to play more within the offense rather than trying to be Kobe #2, well the old Kobe.

#9 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,957 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 31, 2013 - 12:55 PM

Metta can be good when he hits his wide open 3's but if not he ruins us. Teams leave him wide open for those 3's because they know percentage wise its smartest to let him shoot.Thats why we lost last night. Metta is left wide open for a reason. His defense isnt horrible like everyone says. He's better than most but not a dominate defender. Really clark does almost as good of a job except clark gambles to much.

If we had a player who was smart and wouldnt take every shot they had open and who could play good defense we would be set. Clark I think would fit in that spot great. He's smart offensivly and plays pretty good defense. Though if metta doesn't start pau does.

shot attempts FG%
kobe 21.3 47%
Howard 10.3 58%
Metta 11.4 41%
Pau 11.0 45% (still awful for a 7 footer who should be taking really close shots)

So to compare with kobe and dwight, metta and pau take the 2nd and 3rd most attempts on the team and they also both have awful FG%'s. These 2 players have been killing us all season. Now I think we could deal with one doing horribly but not 2 that are both taking 11 shots a game.

Until we trade at least one of them we will not have constancy.

Notice when we were on the 3 game winning streak either metta or pau played good. Pau scored well in the 1st and 2nd game going 7/8 with 15 and 7/10 with 16. Metta didnt do good in that last game but he only took 6 shots and pau only took 4. So being that our bad scorers only shot 2-10 instead of something like last knight with 12-30.

Basically keys for lakers to win is either pau and metta combined shoot 10 or less or one of them has a 50+% game. These 50+% games are rare so I think the 10 or less shot combined for both is a much better strategy. This wont happen because metta is left open all the time and he always takes the shot and for some reason we feel that pau should shoot allot even though he is awful and refuses to post.

Edited by bigfetz, January 31, 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:03 PM

It gets worse during Clutch time...

http://espn.go.com/n...hoop/miamiheat/

clutch time, which is defined by NBA.com as when the game is within five points in the final five minutes

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,689 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:13 PM

This video of beasley scoring is full of [expletive] because most of the time when beasley scores, its earl clark who defends him!!!

So why all the hate on ron artest? -:- OF COURSE HE IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE FACTOR ! but at least he still makes his 3 point shots sometimes..not often but he can still produce..at least bring him off the b ench...he is a factor since year 2010 now in LA..ok this was his only strongest year but i believe that ron is more valuable for us than garbage pau!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:15 PM

This video of beasley scoring is full of [expletive] because most of the time when beasley scores, its earl clark who defends him!!!

So why all the hate on ron artest? -:- OF COURSE HE IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE FACTOR ! but at least he still makes his 3 point shots sometimes..not often but he can still produce..at least bring him off the b ench...he is a factor since year 2010 now in LA..ok this was his only strongest year but i believe that ron is more valuable for us than garbage pau!

how about the 4th Quarter. Who was defending Beasley? watch it again

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,957 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:22 PM

how about the 4th Quarter. Who was defending Beasley? watch it again

Actually I think it was only for a few plays. Most points were from clark guarding him. I actually mentioned it to someone yesterday.

Even though metta did do a bad job you know clark was guarding him most of the time right

Clark was gambling to much. He over ran beasley allot because he was going for steals. When guarding straight up he does a great job but his players sometimes will get great looks due to him trying to get steal. Thats just something that happens with young players.

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:26 PM

Why the eff does it matter if Clark was guarding him early in the game?

Late in the 4th Q watch from the 2.10 mark, 2 possesions Ron had him 1 on 1, both times Michael Beasley scored on him. How does Clark factor into this? Ron is the designated defender of this team. Ron is the NBA champ. Ron is the veteran. Ron has All D accolades. Ron is expected to check the other team's hot or best perimeter player And he simply didnt get it done TWICE with the game tied. SMDH

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,957 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:27 PM

'
Yes he is a pretty good defender. I stated that before. People like to see only the mess ups but people need to remember he is always guarding the best player and usually does a better job tan anyone on the team would. Only guy I can compare to on the ball defense with metta on the lakers is kobe.

The problem is his high amount of shots negates all his defense. For all the defensive stops he makes he causes equal or even more misses on the offensive end. Honestly he would be an amazing player if he just shot 5 or less shots a game. Even when he is wide open he should alway shoot.

#16 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,273 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:27 PM

We need a lot of things. SF is just tip of the iceberg.

#17 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,957 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Why the eff does it matter if Clark was guarding him early in the game?

Late in the 4th Q watch from the 2.10 mark, 2 possesions Ron had him 1 on 1, both times Michael Beasley scored on him. How does Clark factor into this? Ron is the designated defender of this team. Ron is the NBA champ. Ron is the veteran. Ron has All D accolades. Ron is expected to check the other team's hot or best perimeter player And he simply didnt get it done TWICE with the game tied. SMDH

Yes the 4 points were on metta but the other 22 were on clark. He gambled way to much and gave beasley a lot of open looks. I do think metta was part of the reason we lost due to his 6-17 shooting performance. We only scored 86 points which is extremely low for us. Pau's and metta's 13-30 shooting is what made us lose. They should have never had shot that much. We should have easily scored 110 points that game but couldn't because those 2 shot 30 of our 78 attempts.

#18 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,079 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:42 PM

Consistency. Metta has his moments for sure and can bring some defense, but he needs to do it at a consistent level to get effective use out of him.

I don't think we should necessarilly look to trade him specifically, but if a good deal comes up possibly invoking Pau and Metta for a decent package I would try to make it happen. I don't like to speculate much about what the management does though.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#19 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:45 PM

No Sheet Sherlock!

Move Kobe to SF & Start Ebanks at SG ASAP!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#20 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 31, 2013 - 01:50 PM

Old news lol!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users