2 replies to this topic

#1 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted January 28, 2013 - 04:24 PM

I along with a former member am "building" a stat which will show how much teams spend for each win they have in each season. I can only find salaries till somewhere in the 70's so I will be adding to this page, and will let you know of when they are updated. I thought this would be an interesting stat to look at.

Money Spent Per Wins 2011-2012
Money Spent Per Wins 2010-2011

You can sort each row by clicking on the top of the row. In the Salaries Row it will show you each teams salary, the total of every teams salary, the average team salary. In the Wins catagory, it will show you each teams total wins, and an average amount of wins a team has (which is half the total of games played in the season). Then In playoff wins, it will show every team who made the playoffs and how many wins they had in their playoff run. Finally, the last row will show how much a team has spent for each win. Basically, when finding the average amount of money spent per wins, you can see which teams are using their money wisely, or simply over spending. For example, in 2011-2012, the Average money spent for 1 win was $1,795,918.68. The Pacers outperformed everyone in terms of money well spent at $915,801.73 per win, the Lakers were over the Average. See where the Miami Heat were ranked: Money Spent Per Wins 2011-2012, Here you will see if teams need to buy a championship or not, too (total salary in top 5-8 teams?)

I will be updating this live for about 1 hour or so. You can refresh the link to see the work in progress.

Edited by Base, January 28, 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#2 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 05:12 PM

woah thats pretty coool.
funny that the bobcats spend 8 mill per win in 2012.

Posted Image

#3 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 28, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ok Moneyball.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users