#41 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 30, 2013 - 10:57 PM

The topic should be, "Only a matter of time!"....

Before Gasol gets traded.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:04 PM

And like Jordan. Injury to a main player causes things to go out of whack

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:19 PM

Did you like how, during the timeout, the camera was directly in front of Kobe and Gasol having a conversation...clearly about how to move out from a screen and go to the rim...and then, immediately out of the timeout, Gasol sets a screen for Kobe, and then takes a couple of steps off to the side and decides to post up too far away from the low block, instead of going to the rim.

Exactly, this is what I'm going back-and-forth with on FB with some friends. It was just pitiful. Gasol's screen and rolls didn't even do a damn thing. He neither freed up Kobe nor gave him space to work with. He just posted there like two feet away and congested that side of the floor while Nash/MWP/Clark just stood around and watched. It was horrible.

It's like playing 2K with a retarded AI for the players you aren't controlling. So bad.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,054 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:18 AM

Yeah I was actually playing 2k on mycareer. I am on the Lakers an athletic wing SF It was thhe last play of the game, I asked for a screen from Gasol and told him to ROLL. He came, set the screen, I came off it he rolled to the basdklet, WIDE OPEN i threw a great pass to him, he got it, wide open lane! And instead of laying it up he passed it back to me with 2 seconds left and I had to throw up a desperation rushed 3. Somehow it went in but I was pissed!

#45 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:48 AM

The topic should be, "Only a matter of time!"....

Before Gasol gets traded.

Posted Image

#46 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 31, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Its only a matter of time b4 Coach D realizes when you have a 8 pt lead with Kobe running offense in 4th keep it that way cuz he will get his own shot or setup some 1 else.

WTF was Nash running offense last 4mins & kobe in corner picking his azz? 2 asssits in 1st gm back to Phoenix SMFH pathetic.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#47 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,054 posts

Posted January 31, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Its only a matter of time b4 Coach D realizes when you have a 8 pt lead with Kobe running offense in 4th keep it that way cuz he will get his own shot or setup some 1 else.

WTF was Nash running offense last 4mins & kobe in corner picking his azz? 2 asssits in 1st gm back to Phoenix SMFH pathetic.

Dwight got injured and the gameplan changed.

Simple

#48 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 11:47 AM

Dwight got injured and the gameplan changed.

Simple

D12 going out effects the defensive missed/blown assignments since Pau & Jamison out there. But it shouldnt change the offense period.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,054 posts

Posted February 01, 2013 - 12:50 PM

D12 going out effects the defensive missed/blown assignments since Pau & Jamison out there. But it shouldnt change the offense period.

Dwight demands more defensive attention and defenses shift because of hiM which ion then effects the ball movement and he also taskes advantage of some of those passes and such with his off ball movement.

Gasol does not demand that attention nor cause those openings with his presence nor does he m$ove off ball the same way.

I hope you didnt really mean that when you said the offense doesn't change when gasol plays center as opposed to dwight :P

#50 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,318 posts

Posted February 02, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Dwight demands more defensive attention and defenses shift because of hiM which ion then effects the ball movement and he also taskes advantage of some of those passes and such with his off ball movement.

Gasol does not demand that attention nor cause those openings with his presence nor does he m$ove off ball the same way.

I hope you didnt really mean that when you said the offense doesn't change when gasol plays center as opposed to dwight :P

When you have a lead going into the 4th which Kobe is running the offense regardless if D12 out there you dont change that approach. Switching to NAsh running the show led to no points scored on offense & the usual blown defensive assignments. Then trying to give Kobe the ball with min left and game tied or Lakers down by 2-6 pts is too late. Obviously the looks that teams give will be different when D12 out there but using Kobe as the facilitator is no brainer & nothing should change late in 4ths (Kobe should be settig things up in close gm situations from 5min mark on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users