#1 zmarchbank

zmarchbank

Rookie

• 132 posts
  • Name:Zach
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Fisher

Posted January 28, 2013 - 08:58 AM

What will it do for his already amazing legacy?

If we turn this around and make a real run at the title or even just become competitive, I don't think it will go down as just another great season for Kobe. I think people will remember it as the season he changed his playing style, made it seem so effortless, and carried this team to the title or almost all the way there.

I think that could boost him a few spots in the all time ranks.

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Lmao

#3 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:31 AM

I dont want to see Kobe shoot 10 times a gm. thats boring he is exhausting himself doing everything more than ever before. Guys just need to continue making shots. Kobe shoot.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:25 AM

Winning adds to his legacy.

Posted Image

#5 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 28, 2013 - 11:31 AM

It will look good in the media if kobe keeps playing like this and the team makes the playoffs.

If they get to the conference finals or the finals with kobe playing like this, the media will crap their pants fawning over him.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 12:34 PM

I dont want to see Kobe shoot 10 times a gm. thats boring he is exhausting himself doing everything more than ever before. Guys just need to continue making shots. Kobe shoot.

I'll take winning over "exciting".

Kobe's best when he finds balance and the team is best too. Always been that way

#7 K. Dot

K. Dot

Spark & Fly

• 3,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted January 28, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Kobe's best when he finds balance and the team is best too. Always been that way

Said it best. If Kobe scores 15 ppg (although I agree it'd be boring) but they win every game, I'll take it.

#8 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,615 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 28, 2013 - 02:32 PM

This is nothing new. Kobe did this in the Finals against Orlando.
So far this year we've seen Kobe the scorer, Kobe the defender, & now we have Kobe the facilitator.

2hf753r.jpg

#9 Ace

Ace

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:27 PM

If kobe played this type of basketball he would have had more rings. I just hope he does not revert to the shoot first mentality for the sake of the team.
Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't. -Jerry Rice

#10 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Notorious Arab said all that needs to be said.

I couldn't care less about an individual player's overall ranking, it means nothing next to team goals and winning.

#11 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,496 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:46 PM

If kobe played this type of basketball he would have had more rings. I just hope he does not revert to the shoot first mentality for the sake of the team.

Right on! But in fairness to him, he needs someone to pass to that can actually make an open shot.

Debbie Downer

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,967 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2013 - 04:24 PM

Right on! But in fairness to him, he needs someone to pass to that can actually make an open shot.

Like Steve Nash?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#13 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 06:29 AM

It will look good in the media if kobe keeps playing like this and the team makes the playoffs.

If they get to the conference finals or the finals with kobe playing like this, the media will crap their pants fawning over him.

if you havent learned anything by now media dont care about fawning over Kobe for accomplishments nowadays. They only care about discrediting his legacy at this point.

#14 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 06:30 AM

Without spot up shooters / catch & shoot players this scheme dont work. Guys made shots for 2 gms calm down. He has 5 Rings gunning & passing when needed. Just Stop!

#15 SportyIntellectual

SportyIntellectual

Rookie

• 161 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2013 - 07:35 AM

I do not agree.

Point to a season when the Lakers should have won a title they did not win. You could point to the Game 4 collapse in 2008 that may have cost them the series, but outside of that, I'm just not seeing how the Lakers should have won more without laying most of the blame with the front office for personnel decisions during his career.

#16 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,369 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Whats difference in Kobe making 25-30pts & having 5 assists (only cuz his role player missed the other wideopen looks he created for them) vs 15-20pts & having 10 or more assist (only cuz his entire team was actually making shots for a 2 gm str8 period)?

If his teammates converted & were reliable it wouldnt matter how many shots nor points he scores. These 2 gms dont mean anything except Kobe is over passing & trying to appease his critics & haters. He is wasting even more energy trying to be LBJ with triple double lines each gm. he is too old to be doing everything still. I dont buy that "finds a balance" = its either his teammate make shots or they dont. When they dont & look scared of the moment he guns & tries to will a Win. Im ok with that also.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users