• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted January 27, 2013 - 07:43 PM

i love kobe being the facilitator of our offense. It's just right, Nash is too unselfish and he doesn't attract defense as much as Kobe do. Let him play as Derek Fisher.

#22 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,723 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 27, 2013 - 07:45 PM

notice when the scrub morris is not playing, we have a better chance? now to make duhon limit his mins with blake coming in

ap1.png

#23 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2013 - 08:26 PM

I hope Blake fixed that weird hitch in his shot

Edited by Phil Jackson, January 27, 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#24 evil Monkey

evil Monkey

Rookie

• 418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 27, 2013 - 09:30 PM

The negativity of this board is pathetic--at least the irrelevant complaints. Sure, they dug themselves a whole but that honestly does not matter right now; you can't change it. What's important is maintaining this consistent style of play all the while Dwight and Pau find their mojos.
Posted Image

L.E.G.I.T.

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 27, 2013 - 09:54 PM

They didn't "find" an identity. They just got the same identity at the same time. It's been sitting there, staring them in the face the entire time.

Great players find a way to win. Glad great players finally playing "great".

#26 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2013 - 10:09 PM

I've gone from "disaster" to "cautiously optimistic".

We'll see how this next stretch goes. If this is the new normal, we may have a shot at the playoffs.

Edited by hotpocket, January 27, 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#27 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 27, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Of those 43 we've only played 17 with our entire starting lineup players in tact. Every other game has been without one or the others.

Took the Heat the same amount of time to find the offense that worked best to run.

The Lakers seem to have hit that point. Like Kobe said, players are starting to settle into their roles finally and knowing what they're doing. Roles have been defined. That's the 'difference'. We've found a consistency. It took our unit 17 games to figure that out, but we only had 17 out of 43 with them. If THIS is how we're gonna. Play the rest of the season this way then the future is very bright. Again AS LONG as we stay healthy.

I agree. The last two games have been a perfect blueprint of how this team needs to play going forward...I absolutely love the way Kobe has been getting his teamates involved the last two games...14 assists in back to back games, is just amazing. and has proven to be very effective......We are not to far out of the playoff hunt, so if we can keep this going, then we should be able to get in,,, And once we are in, it's a whole new season....

#28 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,225 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:22 PM

just get to .500

that is step 1

we were there after 10 games...
we were there after 30 games

lets get back there by 50

#29 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 28, 2013 - 10:05 AM

they found the foundation, lets build on it

AWW LMFAO Te'o what your lying a$ doing round these boards? dont bring no fake news rd with ur fake girl! halarious avatar
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#30 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 2,321 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:43 PM

2 games does not wipe out 40+ games of really bad ball. Nor rid them of a bad coach. Nor improve the quality of the bench.

But it's better than a poke in the eye. So let's enjoy it while it lasts, maybe it will actually turn into something meaningful over time.

Debbie Downer

#31 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 04:09 PM

notice when the scrub morris is not playing, we have a better chance? now to make duhon limit his mins with blake coming in

That's stupid

#32 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 28, 2013 - 04:55 PM

always believe in this team. always believed, keep on rolling!

Posted Image

#33 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:16 PM

All of you are assuming that a 2 game "streak" is just that--a streak, as opposed to a fluke aberation. Utah at home was no big deal, as they are barely a playoff team, and the Lakers have a strong record, at least .500 at home. OKC looked super flat with Westbrook at one point 2 for 16 shooting. That happens like once a year.

They Lakers start a long road trip this week, and have not played well on the road, I think less than 1 one 3 games are wins on the road. I think it remains to be seen whether the Lakers turned a switch or whether they will fall back into old habits. If they can break .500 on the road, I will be a believer.

Bear in mind that the West is really tough this year and I think one will have to win 45 games to make the playoffs. With an 82 game season that is 7 games over .500. Tough assignment considering the hole they are in now.

#34 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:27 PM

All of you are assuming that a 2 game "streak" is just that--a streak, as opposed to a fluke aberation. Utah at home was no big deal, as they are barely a playoff team, and the Lakers have a strong record, at least .500 at home. OKC looked super flat with Westbrook at one point 2 for 16 shooting. That happens like once a year.

Typical negative response. It was all OKC, nothing the Lakers did. So basically with you it's Lakers lose to OKC, they suck and OKC is just that much better or Lakers win and its all because OKC was flat.

They Lakers start a long road trip this week, and have not played well on the road, I think less than 1 one 3 games are wins on the road. I think it remains to be seen whether the Lakers turned a switch or whether they will fall back into old habits. If they can break .500 on the road, I will be a believer.

Only thing I agree with you on. Road trip will be key but unlike past Grammy road trips, it's not as tough as usual. Its doable

Bear in mind that the West is really tough this year and I think one will have to win 45 games to make the playoffs. With an 82 game season that is 7 games over .500. Tough assignment considering the hole they are in now.

West isn't "really tough" this year. Not sure where you got that from. The 8th seed is on pace for about 42 wins last I heard and if that holds to be true, it will be the lowest amount of wins for a Western Conference 8th seed since 2006-2007.

Look, the fact is the Lakers are playing well the last two games, that's why people are optimistic.

You can downplay it however you want because its obvious you've given up on this team completely and that is fine. But if you knew what you were actually talking about, you'd know that they are playing a different style of ball and just beat a Utah team that is the 7th seed and had given us issues twice this year in losses and we beat the team that had the best record in the NBA yesterday regardless of the reasons you believe that happened.

They have work to do, no one is crowning them champions, but as far as the last two games are concerned, they looked like they have turned a corner. Over the next few games, we'll see if it was luck or if they found a recipe for success.

EDIT: Oh and by the way about Westbrook's bad shooting night "happens like once a year", he shot 27% last night and has had 7 other games this season where he shot in the 20% range and 10 games where he shot in the 30% range. You act like he's efficient or something, but he's shooting 41%, 26th in the league out of all point guards.

#35 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:31 AM

All good points, Mr. Mamba.

As for OKC, my observations were that OKC looked flat and that it was a road game for OKC and a home game for the Lakers.

As to the first point, I don't believe there is anyone in the West that can beat OKC team in a 7 game series, certainly not the Lakers. OKC is really playing good basketball now, and seem to have all the pieces.

As to the second point, Playoffs are made, and Championships won by winning on the road. The Lakers are 5-15 on the road.

The Lakers record is 19-25. There are 82 games, leaving 38 left. To get to 42 wins they will have to go 23-15, a .666 percentage. Not impossible, but a really tall order. I wouldn't plan the parade quite yet.

#36 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:48 AM

Uh 2-16 is a normal night for Chuckbrook, especially with Kobe Bryant locking him down...

#37 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:52 AM

I find it funny how theres people who think Westbrick is better than Kobe
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#38 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,623 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:57 AM

Posted Image

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#39 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:59 AM

I find it funny how theres people who think Westbrick is better than Kobe

Who the [expletive] thinks that?

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,743 posts