#1 MacedonianLaker

MacedonianLaker

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Boris
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2013 - 04:38 PM

He rearly uses his explosivness the last few years.He's elegant and smart.Passing the ball more often ,making plays for the others will make him more efficient and productive.What do you think?
"These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess. "
Kobe Bryant

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,447 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 27, 2013 - 04:41 PM

ummmmm. While I hope your right its not like KB tha God is just standing around. He had to pick up Durant on the high screens many times. Just because hes not shooting doesnt mean hes not leading. Hes putting his heart on the court.

KB is the games greatest because he will do whatever the [expletive] it takes to make his team win. No matter where or with whom, its his court, everyone else just plays on it.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 27, 2013 - 04:48 PM

Not playing 40 minutes a game he can't.

#4 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 27, 2013 - 05:19 PM

If Kobe throws out 14 dimes a game for the rest of the season and assuming Rondo is removed from the list, (because he doesn't meet the minimum # of games played) then he may challenge Chris Paul for the top spot. That would be insane.

#5 K. Dot

K. Dot

Spark & Fly

• 3,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted January 27, 2013 - 05:22 PM

Can he? Probably. Will he? Highly doubt it, but who knows. I honestly can't see him retiring after next year (and don't want him to) but time will tell. Doesn't look like he missed a step at his current age however.

#6 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 27, 2013 - 06:05 PM

Kobe will continue to do this because it's helping him win games and Kobe likes winning more than anything else

#7 K. Dot

K. Dot

Spark & Fly

• 3,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted January 27, 2013 - 06:46 PM

Kobe will continue to do this because it's helping him win games and Kobe likes winning more than anything else

Idk about all that though...Kobe's always liked winning games and it's not like he just realized passing to his teammates will make them win. It's not he only reason they started to play better these past two games, but it's a key factor. Hopefully he just stays consistent.

#8 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 27, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Idk about all that though...Kobe's always liked winning games and it's not like he just realized passing to his teammates will make them win. It's not he only reason they started to play better these past two games, but it's a key factor. Hopefully he just stays consistent.

No, but his teammates just realized if they cut/move when Kobe is attacking, they put themselves in a better opportunity to score.

#9 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Really doubt he wants to play 5 more years. Plus, it's not like throwing dimes is easy work. A lot of times he was penetrating and going to the rim but dishing it off at the last second. Not to mention the preparation, fitness, and healthy habits you have to maintain (which are very important at his age) year to year in addition to a grueling NBA season.

Ideally for Kobe, he wins the title this year and next year then retires. Depending on the Lakers' situation, I think he's possibly got 2 more seasons in him after this one.

#10 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:27 PM

I would at season 20. He's done.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#11 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,793 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 28, 2013 - 06:25 AM

Well, if Kobe always knew that passing more = more w's then what was holding him back? My guess is that some good stuff happened in that closed door meeting. Teammates demanded that he pass more, he demanded that they stop standing around on offense and play some defense, they figured out that Nash is a better shooter than a PG these days etc. A little brutal honesty with each other can work wonders.

#12 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,510 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 06:36 AM

Not playing 40 minutes a game he can't.

Agreed.

Kobe may be playing smart basketball, but using him nearly the entire game just doesn't bode well in the long run, personaly.

MMiRi9s.png

#13 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 28, 2013 - 06:57 AM

hes gonna pass more now!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#14 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,136 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:40 AM

Does Kobe even want to play 5 more years

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#15 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,482 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2013 - 07:53 AM

I think Kobe could stay in the league until he's 40, if he wanted to.

IMO Kobe is unique compared to many other all-time greats. Look at a guy like D-Wade. He is an awesome player, but a lot of his game is based on his athleticism, and when he loses that, he doesn't have anything to fall back on.

#16 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:36 AM

no he cant this will run Kobe into an injury playing this way doing everything. he doesnt have the legs to continue & shouldnt have to.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users