• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#61 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:18 PM

One thing I have noticed is that Rudy Gay is having a horrible year.... and is shooting low in EVERY category... I know Rudy Gay shoots horrible shots and forces things a lot but do you think he would be able to turn around this bad season if coming to the Lakers?? I mean his efficiency is a 14.41

Probably just had a tough beginning of the season. I would bet what ever team he is on his stats would get better.

#62 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,875 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:22 PM

I would think that the other trade with cleveland would not be necessary to make a trade with anyone for the rest of season.

unless they are really upset with him for some reason.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#63 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:24 PM

Let's try to get Darrell Arthur too.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#64 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:25 PM

One thing I have noticed is that Rudy Gay is having a horrible year.... and is shooting low in EVERY category... I know Rudy Gay shoots horrible shots and forces things a lot but do you think he would be able to turn around this bad season if coming to the Lakers?? I mean his efficiency is a 14.41

he ranks .04 higher than MWP in player efficiency

I find this very alarming

You're focusing on the wrong reasons to why Gay would be brought here.

Scoring isn't an issue. We have enough offense in the starting 5.

We need an athletic wing that can play defense. Gay does that. Metta cannot guard Durant and Lebron anymore, and while not many can, Gay is athletic enough to give some problems.

Also this type of deal would help our bench because we could either have Kobe or Gay on the floor at all times, giving the second unit a prominent scorer.

#65 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:27 PM

We need an athletic wing that can play defense. Gay does that. Metta cannot guard Durant and Lebron anymore, and while not many can, Gay is athletic enough to give some problems.

Also this type of deal would help our bench because we could either have Kobe or Gay on the floor at all times, giving the second unit a prominent scorer.

exactly!!!

we dont need him to avg more than 12-17 points a game...

#66 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:30 PM

Gay can create shots from the perimiter which would take the load off Kobe's shoulders.

#67 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,539 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:32 PM

He's good he dunked all over the Lakers the last time we played them and followed up with another good game.. I want to pick up some young talent since it's easier to manage them with their rookie contract and we have NO PICKS and it would be too expensive to try and land a young player in free agency with teams spending big bucks on any player that has had a good streak

he isn't good, he plays like 7 minutes per game and he's only played in 10 games . don't just blatantly lie to try and make it seem like you're right . his numbers are garbage in extremely limited minutes, he hasn't proven ANYTHING and the first thing you say is "he's good"

#68 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

I never thought of Rudy Gay as a top Defender... but would you know his defensive rating or any proof that he could guard a player strong as Lebron or as swift as Kevin Durant?

#69 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

I've been a fan of Rudy Gay ever since he played for Uconn, I'd love to see him in P&G

#70 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:34 PM

Nt much talk about this on the twitter front but lets hope things pick up. Hopefully this isn't just speculation from reporters. I just have a hard time thinking the celtics would want pau.

#71 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:39 PM

Gays not a strong defender hes avg at best but is athletic
Posted Image

#72 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:41 PM

he isn't good, he plays like 7 minutes per game and he's only played in 10 games . don't just blatantly lie to try and make it seem like you're right . his numbers are garbage in extremely limited minutes, he hasn't proven ANYTHING and the first thing you say is "he's good"

He hasn't played most of the season because of Mike Conley, Jarryd Bayless, Tony Allen, Wayne Ellington, and Josh Shelby....they had a lot of guards in Memphis and he was definitely at the bottom of the totem pole

#73 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:52 PM

I really don't understand some of you guys first you cry about their not being any young athletic players and then I mention a player that is young cheap and could help us going forward nobody wants him and he would be pretty much be a complimentary player in a blockbuster trade...

So answer me this how else do we get young talent for cheap?? if we have no cap room and teams aren't trading away their young athletic players and pretty much in free agency most teams will over pay for young talent

#74 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,205 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:56 PM

I really don't understand some of you guys first you cry about their not being any young athletic players and then I mention a player that is young cheap and could help us going forward nobody wants him and he would be pretty much be a complimentary player in a blockbuster trade...

So answer me this how else do we get young talent for cheap?? if we have no cap room and teams aren't trading away their young athletic players and pretty much in free agency most teams will over pay for young talent

First off, Memphis would not trade away Wroten as a 'throw in' like you're suggesting. You're saying Wroten is young, cheap, good, promising, etc.. Well, if he is all that, then why would Memphis just 'throw' him into the deal? That's working against your very same logic.

#75 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,759 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:56 PM

No one takes you seriously because you overrate every young player you mention.

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 01:59 PM

I never thought of Rudy Gay as a top Defender... but would you know his defensive rating or any proof that he could guard a player strong as Lebron or as swift as Kevin Durant?

Defensive rating:

Rudy Gay - 96.4

For comparison:

Paul George - 95.9
Lebron James - 100.9
Kevin Durant - 99.9
Luol Deng - 98.1

Now like I said, no one can guard Durant or Lebron, but Gay does have the athleticism to stick with them and at least present some problems at times.

#77 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:01 PM

First off, Memphis would not trade away Wroten as a 'throw in' like you're suggesting. You're saying Wroten is young, cheap, good, promising, etc.. Well, if he is all that, then why would Memphis just 'throw' him into the deal? That's working against your very same logic.

The same reason they are trading away arguably one of their best players...

#78 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:02 PM

Defensive rating:

Rudy Gay - 96.4

For comparison:

Paul George - 95.9
Lebron James - 100.9
Kevin Durant - 99.9
Luol Deng - 98.1

Now like I said, no one can guard Durant or Lebron, but Gay does have the athleticism to stick with them and at least present some problems at times.

okay I can respect that

#79 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,513 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:03 PM

The same reason they are trading away arguably one of their best players...

They want to trade him away. Idk why but they have been trying to for a while

#80 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,280 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:04 PM

Gay had his best game of the year vs OKC.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users