Photo

Kings Make Andre Iguodala Top Offseason Priority (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,596 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:56 PM

Andre Iguodala Hoping To Stay With Nuggets Long-Term

Andre+Iguodala+Utah+Jazz+v+Denver+Nugget

By Christopher Dempsey
The Denver Post

It’s halfway through the season and it looks like things are crystallizing in Nuggets’ guard Andre Iguodala’s head concerning his opt-out decision at the end of the season.

Though he did not say it specifically it appears he’s leaning toward staying with the Nuggets long term, but here’s how: By opting out of his current contract, which would pay him roughly $16.2 million next season and signing a new, multiyear deal – even if the annual value of the contract comes out to be less than what he’s making now and scheduled to make next season.

“A lot of players have done it where they’ve gave up a large bulk of their contract, say, giving up $16 million to get $60 million,” said Iguodala, who turns 29 years old on Monday. “In the grand scheme of things that makes sense. But if you give up $16 million and you get $20 million (it doesn’t make sense). So it’s all about playing your cards right and seeing where you’re at. At the end of the day winning takes care of everything, so if we win here, then hopefully the organization and myself will come to an agreement and we’ll continue to build on what we have here.”

A player opting out of a lucrative final year isn’t unprecedented. In fact, the Nuggets recently went through just such a scenario when Nene opted out of his following the 2011 season, forgoing a final year worth $12 million. Now, Nene was able to parlay his unrestricted free agent status into getting a contract worth $13 million per year, so it was a net gain for him.

It’s unlikely Iguodala would make more annually than the $16.2 million he’d pass up, but his contract would probably not be anything smaller than Ty Lawson’s contract extension, which starting next season pays him an average of $12 million annually. And the savings of a new contract worth less per year would help the Nuggets, who could be up against the luxury tax threshold next season and would need to find some economic breathing room.

Iguodala’s contract status is one of the season’s biggest storylines for the Nuggets, and it will spill over into the summer. But increasingly it looks like the Nuggets are taking center stage in his mind.

“It’s not as hard as it seems,” Iguodala said. “It’s basically just weighing your options, seeing who has interest in you, or making a guesstimate on who has interest in you or what your value is at the current time. That’s pretty much it.”

Follow Chris Dempsey on Twitter @dempseypost or email him at cdempsey@denverpost.com

http://blogs.denverp...l Things Nugget

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 02, 2013 - 05:58 PM.

• 40,400 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:13 PM

Nice to see he's at least happy now. I'm sure many of you here remember as well when he initially got traded there how miserable he seemed, lol.

yo.

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted March 30, 2013 - 08:44 PM

Andre Iguodala Likely To Opt Out Of Contract With Nuggets

Andre+Iguodala+Denver+Nuggets+v+Washingt

By Chris Tomasson
March 30, 2013, 7:11pm

DENVER — Andre Iguodala is certain of one thing. He wants to represent Team USA again in both the World Cup and the Olympics.

The Denver forward is getting more sure about another thing: Opting out of his contract this summer and signing a long-term deal, possibly with the Nuggets or possibly somewhere else.

Iguodala won gold with Team USA in the 2010 World Cup in Turkey, when it was known as the World Championships, and in the Olympics last summer in London. When the Americans were coming off a 2008 Olympic gold medal in Beijing, none of the players on that team wanted to return for the World Cup.

But Iguodala wants to be involved with as much Team USA basketball as possible.

“I would really like to do both,’’ Iguodala said in an interview with FOX Sports Florida about the 2014 World Cup in Spain and the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. “I had a great time (with USA Basketball in previous events). It’s been one of the best basketball experiences of my life, just being around those guys, having fun and enjoying the game of basketball.’’

USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo recently told FOX Sports Florida there are players from the 2012 Olympic team who want to compete in Spain, although he wouldn’t elaborate.

“I think he knows,’’ Iguodala said of Colangelo being aware of his interest. “He talks to my agent (Rob Pelinka), so I think he knows.’’

As for Iguodala’s NBA future, he doesn’t know where he’ll be playing. But Iguodala, a nine-year veteran who is averaging 12.7 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists and is Denver’s perimeter stopper, indicated it’s more likely now he will opt out of his contract by July 1 to sign a long-term deal.

Iguodala is on the books to make $15.9 million next season, likely more than he could get from any team for 2013-14. But he could become a free agent and then sign a multi-year deal that would pay less next season but would provide long-term security.

“Yeah, definitely,’’ Iguodala, 29, said of that being a distinct possibility. “You got to weigh options. Security-wise, a player would opt out, especially with the type of season we’ve had as a team. Teams know what I can bring to them, and I know (the Nuggets) know what I can bring to a team here.

“Players get like $50, $60 or $70 or $80 (million over multiple years), whatever the number was, they gave up a big number (in an option season by opting out). But in the grand scheme of things, pretty much get it back. You got security.’’

Iguodala said it’s no guarantee he would re-sign with Denver if he does the expected and opts out. But he has liked the progress the Nuggets (50-24) have made recently, which has included a 15-game winning streak that ended last Monday.

“My main goal is, if we win here, everything will take care of itself, no matter what,’’ Iguodala said. “I want to play for a team where I have an impact on the game without even scoring ... I feel like if I win (with the Nuggets), I won’t have to worry about having to prove my worth.

“Obviously, it’s a business, so you’re going to look at your options. Here we have some good (prospects). But I’m not making any promises. But I’ve liked the last month and a half, two months, three months or however long (that Denver has been on a roll). It’s important for the future, so I’m just trying to win.’’

So stay tuned to see which team Iguodala might be representing in a future USA Basketball event. And also what team he might finish it with.

Iguodala began the 2012 Olympics with the Philadelphia 76ers. Just before the semifinals, he was traded to the Nuggets.

http://www.foxsports...99&feedID=10140

#4 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2013 - 12:57 AM

In before somebody says we should get him.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 31, 2013 - 01:04 AM

we should get him.

#6 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts

Posted March 31, 2013 - 10:45 PM

How would we?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,098 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:17 AM

Aside from the fact all but about 4 of our contracts are up after this year we wouldn't be able to sign Dwight to a max and then get Iggy unless he took much less money.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,098 posts

Posted April 02, 2013 - 04:20 AM

Aside from the fact all but about 4 of our contracts are up after this year we wouldn't be able to sign Dwight to a max and then get Iggy unless he took much less money.

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted May 04, 2013 - 11:16 AM

Andre Iguodala Expected To Opt Out Of $16M Deal For 13-14

Andre+Iguodala+Denver+Nuggets+v+Golden+S

Andre Iguodala is expected to opt out of the final season of his current contract, which is set to pay him $16 million in order to explore free agency.

Iguodala may not receive as much money on an annual basis, but would welcome the security of a long-term deal.

Iguodala will be one of the NBA's most coveted unrestricted free agents this offseason.

http://www.denverpos...nugs-good-shape

#10 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:39 PM

Nuggets Confident Of Chances To Re-Sign Andre Iguodala

Andre+Iguodala+Denver+Nuggets+v+Golden+S

Andre Iguodala will be a free agent this offseason, making his situation the biggest priority for the Denver Nuggets to resolve.

Iguodala was acquired by the Nuggets last August in a four-team trade.

“Andre was a great fit, we felt,” general manager Masai Ujiri said. “He brings every aspect of the game to the table, be it defending, passing, leadership and scoring sometimes. For us, he grew with the team. I think he saw that. He’s a good priority for us. We’re definitely excited and I think Andre was excited the way he gelled with the team. We’ve had good conversations with him and we’ll continue to have those conversations. We feel confident. We feel confident with where generally everything is.”

http://blogs.denverp...nic-about/8813/

#11 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Masai Ujiri 'Optimistic' Andre Iguodala Will Return To Nuggets

Benjamin Hochman ‏@nuggetsnews 9 May

Ujiri on Iguodala possibly returning to Nuggets: “I’m very optimistic that things will go well. … We want him back.”

https://twitter.com/...554844172873728

#12 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Josh Kroenke '100 Percent' Confident Nuggets Will Re-Sign Igoudala

Andre+Iguodala+Phoenix+Suns+v+Denver+Nug

By NEAL REID (Associated Press) | The Associated Press

DENVER (AP) -- New Denver Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly says re-signing free agent shooting guard Andre Igoudala is his No. 1 priority.

Connelly was formally introduced on Thursday by team president Josh Kroenke.

''The last guy we talked to before coming in for this press conference was Andre,'' Connelly told reporters. ''He's such a pro that he's out there (on the court) working out.''

The Nuggets' top defender, Igoudala recently opted out of the final year of his contract after averaging 13 points a game last season.

His situation is just one of several Connelly will have to deal with as he tries to help the Nuggets become a genuine playoff contender.

The 36-year-old Connelly comes to the Nuggets from New Orleans, where he served as assistant general manager under Dell Demps. He replaces NBA Executive of the Year Masai Ujiri, who took the GM job with the Toronto Raptors last week.

Considered a rising front-office talent, Connelly inherits a team that won a franchise-most 57 games during the regular season only to bow out in the first round of the playoffs again, this time to Golden State.

Besides the potential loss of Igoudala, the Nuggets will be without Danilo Gallinari for the start of next season as the Italian forward recovers from an ACL injury.

And Connelly, with Kroenke, also will have to find a replacement for NBA Coach of the Year George Karl, who was let go on June 6 after the early payoff exit.

http://sports.yahoo....15652--nba.html

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#13 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:22 AM

Mavericks, Warriors, Rockets,  Hawks, Pistons, Nuggets and Pelicans Interested In Andre Iguodala

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 2h

Couple free agency tidbits-Teams I'm hearing in the mix for Andre Iguodala: Denver, Hawks, Pistons, Kings, Mavs, Pelicans, Warriors, Rockets

https://twitter.com/...364174875594752

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, June 30, 2013 - 10:24 AM.

• 40,400 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sounds like more teams interested in him than Dwight. Dwight must be jealous.

yo.

#15 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P

Posted June 30, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sounds like more teams interested in him than Dwight. Dwight must be jealous.

everyone is interested in Dwight, Dwight isn't interested in everyone. get it right

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

• 40,400 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 11:04 AM

^ My sarcasm obviously failed, lol.

yo.

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,098 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Rockets would do fine signing Igoudala.

With asik there they have an alright center and could build around the other areas, the problem is if they sign Iggy that would leave Parsons odd man out.

#18 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 30, 2013 - 11:32 AM

I would really like to see him in a Pelicans jersey.

Jrue Holiday, Iggy, Eric Gordon, and Anthony Davis would be something to watch.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#19 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P

Posted June 30, 2013 - 11:58 AM

^ My sarcasm obviously failed, lol.

sarcasm on a daily basis is for the lulz

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#20 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,596 posts

Posted July 01, 2013 - 05:12 PM

Andre Iguodala Meets With Kings, Nuggets; Evening Set With Pistons

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 34m

Denver GM Tim Connelly and coach Brian Shaw have finished a meeting w/ top free agent target Andre Iguodala in Los Angeles, source tells Y!

https://twitter.com/...861622693826561

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 31m

Andre Iguodala will meet with Detroit Pistons GM Joe Dumars this evening in Los Angeles.

https://twitter.com/...862277953159169

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m

Sacramento Kings meeting with Andre Iguodala today included owner Vivek Ranadive, GM Pete D'Alessandro and coach Mike Malone.

https://twitter.com/...866693192126464

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users