Photo

Getting lost in everything: Darius Morris needs to start again (move Kobe to the 3)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,309 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:42 PM

Damn,now i have to DEFEND Morris.

Morris is a marginal NBA player at best, but his speed and the ability to bring the ball up the floor is an ASSET.

It Might be hard for some people to comprehend that but, anything that can save kobe's legs is a good thing.

Morris is as good a defender on the perimeter as anyone on this team not named Kobe and Metta. Better than NASH for sure. Does Duhon even try?

Now, do I want Morris making decisions out there ? NO?

But If you have Kobe, Morris, Meeks, Earl Clark, Dwight.

Thats the One line-up you can put out there that isn't slow. You can do some trapping, and some switching and turn up the D.

Defensively and in transition on both sides all the ball, I like Morris.

He isn't anything great, but he can contribute in that fashion.

#22 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 770 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:44 PM

This is laughable.

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Morris doesn't deserve to start.... and is far from ready to log long minutes... but is better than blake or duhon

#24 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,840 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:47 PM

Damn,now i have to DEFEND Morris.

Morris is a marginal NBA player at best, but his speed and the ability to bring the ball up the floor is an ASSET.

It Might be hard for some people to comprehend that but, anything that can save kobe's legs is a good thing.

Morris is as good a defender on the perimeter as anyone on this team not named Kobe and Metta. Better than NASH for sure. Does Duhon even try?

Now, do I want Morris making decisions out there ? NO?

But If you have Kobe, Morris, Meeks, Earl Clark, Dwight.

Thats the One line-up you can put out there that isn't slow. You can do some trapping, and some switching and turn up the D.

Defensively and in transition on both sides all the ball, I like Morris.

He isn't anything great, but he can contribute in that fashion.

Scrub can't make a layup to save his life.

#25 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,271 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:51 PM

The fact that D'Antoni has given Morris and Duhon any playing time, much less playing them TOGETHER has definitely lost us at least 3-5 games. We would probably be 1 game out of the 8th seed right now if our dumbass head coach sat both of those scrubs on the bench and had Jodie Meeks back up Kobe off the bench. You can talk about Meeks' defense all you want, but his three point shooting could give us a MUCH bigger spark than any thing those other two scrubs do. PERIOD.

When Duhon's in the game: Turns the ball over, extreme liability on defense, jacks up at least one 27 foot three pointer and usually misses.

When Morris is in the game: Plays decent man to man defense, but dribbles the ball way too much on offense and thinks he's Kobe out there, and takes terrible shots.

Leor, I'm offended you keep saying things like "true Laker fans will get what I'm saying. We are true Laker fans bro. We're toughing this [expletive] out just like you are. This isn't easy for any of us.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#26 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 814 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:37 PM

lolol Mr. Buckteeth Morris will always be our savior.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#27 Soobizzle12

Soobizzle12

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Name:Sooby
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:06 PM

If u say darrius morris needs to be in the starting lineup, out if all teams the lakers, u do not know anything about basketball.

#28 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,250 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:16 PM

Oh man, I just want this season to end already.

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Darius Morris needs to start? I hate this season.

#30 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,001 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:31 PM

Lakers have [expletive]ed us up
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#31 RawDawg

RawDawg

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fan Since:'98
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC!

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:43 PM

leor 77 i got your back bro. i think hes right, i wouldnt go as far as saying were losing because hes not playing but his defense and athleticism has been useful at times and thats more than i could say for duhon(who is totally useless btw). i dont remember who we were playing but there was a stretch where morris played GREAT full court D. he should start( if mwp needs to be in there for defense vs lebron,kd,melo, etc. than mwp should start) I agree with you guys when you say he dribbles too much, takes bad shots or w.e but when hes starting we dont need him for offense, we have kb, dwight,pau,and nash for that. and i love that lineup of morris kb mwp clark and dwight. thats our best defensive unit. we dont have to play him for more than 20 min just enough to slow opposing pgs down. my point is morris>>meeks>jamison>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>duhon defensively. and defense is our problem.
so why the efff not?

Edited by RawDawg, January 25, 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#32 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 826 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:49 PM

I partially agree but Morris is not the answer. It's the role that they used him in as a perimeter defender that is needed. Nash and Kobe need either a SG or SF to start with them that can guard the perimeter threat and hit open looks. They can conserve energy and stamina for their old legs and have more left in the tank for offense which is the main strength of both. Morris only stands out as a decent defender because of how many bad defenders we have on our team. While he has done good the odd times defending the perimeter and on the offensive end, it's mainly due to his physical attributes aka speed,length,athleticism than his talent and IQ. I'll admit I have liked some of Morris play but as I just mentioned that's due more to his youth and quickness standing out like a beacon besides our old slow players. I do hope we can somehow obtain a backcourt defender as having 2 old guys just doesn't work in this age of the NBA.

#33 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,011 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 25, 2013 - 02:54 PM

morris was playing good Defense...

But, morris has the worst shooting percentage in the NBA from within 5 feet of the basket..
seriously.. dude cant make a layup

#34 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 3,764 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:02 PM

I guarantee you this. The solution to nothing involves Darius Morris.

#35 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,712 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:30 PM

If he's so terrible, then why do we do so well when he plays and actually gets more than 8 minutes? It's because he can actually bring us athletic defense and size on the perimeter. Yeah, he misses some shots occasionally, much like a lot of the other scrubs on this team, but he's actually shooting about 4% better from three than Kobe.

Because Jordan Hill was still our 6th man who's clearly carrying the whole bench especially if they miss the shot and now you're mentiong the 3points? compare the 3 points attempt of Kobe and Darius, Kobe shoot 3's with a man on his face, Darius shoot's 3 without a man of his face but only 4% better than Kobe? clearly you are in delusional

Kobe has been awful on D,

You gotta been kidding me? you're telling me that you're real lakers fans and you forgot the Kyrie Irving and Chris Paul guarding by your favorite player Darius Morris

LMAO Kyrie Irving Drop 28 Points and 11 assist on Lakers Guard Nash and Darius, now when Mike D put Kobe on Kyrie he only held 15 pointsm I don't have to discuss about chris paul, you know the answer on that already btw I just want to mention that Kobe Bryant put 5 steal on Chris Paul when Lakers vs Clippers

Kobe is OLD now his legs are gone, overuse and getting tired compare to you're darius morris still young and athletic but still Kobe is more effective than that punk

Sorry FOOL, you aint real lakers fan, you know nothing maybe you know nothing about basketball too

33bkfif.jpg

#36 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,697 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:51 PM

You realize the situation is beyond terrible when some fans would love to see a scrub in the starting five.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#37 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Ugh.

• 7,918 posts
  • Name:Hello, My Baby!
  • Fan Since:Hello, My Darlin'!
  • Fav. Laker:Hello, My Ragtime Gal!

Posted January 25, 2013 - 04:06 PM

You know it's been a terrible season when fans start implying that we aren't playing well because Morris isn't starting.

Trade for Austin Rivers, say, Hill & Johnson. 

#38 Jackson

Jackson

Starter

• 4,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:12 AM

Because Jordan Hill was still our 6th man who's clearly carrying the whole bench especially if they miss the shot and now you're mentiong the 3points? compare the 3 points attempt of Kobe and Darius, Kobe shoot 3's with a man on his face, Darius shoot's 3 without a man of his face but only 4% better than Kobe? clearly you are in delusional

You gotta been kidding me? you're telling me that you're real lakers fans and you forgot the Kyrie Irving and Chris Paul guarding by your favorite player Darius Morris

LMAO Kyrie Irving Drop 28 Points and 11 assist on Lakers Guard Nash and Darius, now when Mike D put Kobe on Kyrie he only held 15 pointsm I don't have to discuss about chris paul, you know the answer on that already btw I just want to mention that Kobe Bryant put 5 steal on Chris Paul when Lakers vs Clippers

Kobe is OLD now his legs are gone, overuse and getting tired compare to you're darius morris still young and athletic but still Kobe is more effective than that punk

Sorry FOOL, you aint real lakers fan, you know nothing maybe you know nothing about basketball too

Umm. Chris Paul crossed Kobe twice. In the first matchup against the Cavs, Morris didn't guard Kyrie, that was all Duhon. In fact I don't remember Morris even playing that game. Morris went out to guard CP3. Got crossed like 2-3 times, but he didn't quit on the play and hustled back to play defense. The main thing is, Morris helps us out on defense a lot. Him putting pressure on the ball when it is inbounded gives the opponents offense less time to operate because they have to use up time getting the ball up the court, and so they end up taking a bad shot. If Morris could convert his attempts, he would be a very good player coming off the bench because we get agressiveness on offense, and good defense. And he has been making his layups while driving in lately. It's all a matter of experience and he can keep getting it, while contributing on defense.

#39 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,566 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 26, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Yeah. Morris is the answer. He can't shoot, pass, rebound, or hit an open shot. He also can't finish at the rim. I can see why Dantoni would want to play him

#40 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 218 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Darius Morris is a scrub who wouldn't see minutes at all on 90 percent of all nba teams.

This pretty much sums it up!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users