Photo

Getting lost in everything: Darius Morris needs to start again (move Kobe to the 3)

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:41 AM

I was thinking back to our win streaks this season, as well as our wins, in general, and one thing just kind of stuck out...Darius Morris seemed to get minutes, he got some shots, etc. I also remember that in our most recent win streak, we had a lot of success with having Morris take the main defensive assignment. As much as we all love Nash, and as hard as he tries, the guy just sucks at defense. Morris has his flubs, but we absolutely need his athleticism on the perimeter to be successful. Our latest streak of losses had Kobe playing a ton of minutes, and taking a ton of shots - Not going to comment on that, but you can make your own judgements, although I would say that he shouldnt take a hard def. assignment, and that it is/was a double-edged sword of more minutes being a large detriment to Kobe's game.

A lot of times, bench players get a lot of shots/minutes because the team is blowing out the other team, but that's not the case with Morris. He was responsible for a lot of our success, from the start of the game.

Also, let's be real here. Jamison should not get another minute. His no defense playing self is just flat-out not conducive to winning basketball. If I had it my way, Morris would start, Kobe to the 3, Clark 4...And I'd rather have Artest take all of Jamison's minutes at the 3 or the 4.

So...Overall, Morris has had his share of flubs, but if you're honest with yourself and actually watched the games, you can see how important it is for him the actually play.

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:43 AM

Are you kidding?

Darius Morris is a scrub who wouldn't see minutes at all on 90 percent of all nba teams.

Jodie Meeks needs to play some more. Not Morris.

#3 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:48 AM

Are you kidding?

Darius Morris is a scrub who wouldn't see minutes at all on 90 percent of all nba teams.

Jodie Meeks needs to play some more. Not Morris.

Do me a favor, and watch the actual games. Real Lakers fans will understand me.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:49 AM

*sigh*

#5 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,114 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Do me a favor, and watch the actual games. Real Lakers fans will understand me.

I am a real Laker fan and I watch all the games and Morris is terrible. He is a OK defender but can't finish at the rim and he can't dribble

#6 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:53 AM

No real Laker fans, like myself who have watched basketball for more than a few years, know that Morris is not a legit NBA player and should be on a D League team. Knowing that, its easy to see why he should not even be in our rotation. He stops ball movement, has low bball IQ, inconsistent shooting, and a terrible knack for turning it over and overplaying someone.

#7 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 452 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:55 AM

Funny thing about Darius...he drives like he's LeBron...but never has the defender beat...EVER..so his lay up is either contested blocked, or never attempted be wise he's stripped since he never beat the defender....

....Props for aggression though.....I guess....

#8 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am a real Laker fan and I watch all the games and Morris is terrible. He is a OK defender but can't finish at the rim and he can't dribble

If he's so terrible, then why do we do so well when he plays and actually gets more than 8 minutes? It's because he can actually bring us athletic defense and size on the perimeter. Yeah, he misses some shots occasionally, much like a lot of the other scrubs on this team, but he's actually shooting about 4% better from three than Kobe.

#9 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 452 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:56 AM

*because*

#10 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:57 AM

No real Laker fans, like myself who have watched basketball for more than a few years, know that Morris is not a legit NBA player and should be on a D League team. Knowing that, its easy to see why he should not even be in our rotation. He stops ball movement, has low bball IQ, inconsistent shooting, and a terrible knack for turning it over and overplaying someone.

You say some things that are true, and I agree partially, but the perimeter defense makes up for a lot of things, and some of those things that you mention can be minimized if he learns to play within his role.

#11 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:58 AM

I would just like to say that I'm "not" a real Lakers fan. My reason for having a account here is to trick all these people on the internet into thinking I may be a fan; or I may not be a fan. See how non fan that is. And btw, as a fan who is a non fan, but could be a fan, I don't understand why anyone would want to give minutes to Morris.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#12 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,537 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 11:59 AM

We do well when he's in because he can move his legs at an nba average athletic level. Not because he's good

In fact he's the opposite.
Posted Image

#13 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:00 PM

I don't care what people say, I trust my eyes (and the game logs that show us winning games when he gets minutes/shots). Nash is a disgrace on defense (and Kobe has been awful on D, as well), and we've had success when Morris covers his man, and is aggressive going to the rim and taking open shots created by someone else.

#14 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,114 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:04 PM

If he's so terrible, then why do we do so well when he plays and actually gets more than 8 minutes? It's because he can actually bring us athletic defense and size on the perimeter. Yeah, he misses some shots occasionally, much like a lot of the other scrubs on this team, but he's actually shooting about 4% better from three than Kobe.

Maybe I'm missing something but how do we do well when he is in the game? He looks good on D because all of our other guards are slow on the perimeter. He shoots better then Kobe at the three if that is true because he is wide open 95. percent of the time. His Bball IQ is terrible and for a big guard he goes soft to the rim.

#15 Soobizzle12

Soobizzle12

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Name:Sooby
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:07 PM

If u say put morris back in the luneup, im sorry but u are an idiot to say that. Morris is top 20 worst players in the leauge.

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:07 PM

You know it's been a terrible season when fans start implying that we aren't playing well because Morris isn't starting.

#17 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,490 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Well, one thing about Morris, is his speed did help us get a few easy attempts.

#18 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hey everybody......... REAL Lakers fan here to provide my REAL Lakers fan factual statement; which is based on the following standards:

1. I am a REAL
2. I am a Lakers fan

The following statement is true:

Darius Morris is not good.

You may go about your business.

Thank you and regards.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#19 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,983 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:26 PM

????
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#20 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:33 PM

I don't care what people say, I trust my eyes (and the game logs that show us winning games when he gets minutes/shots). Nash is a disgrace on defense (and Kobe has been awful on D, as well), and we've had success when Morris covers his man, and is aggressive going to the rim and taking open shots created by someone else.

Go to the doctor and get your eyes checked out

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users