36 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,177 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:56 PM

I wish Kobe would play more in the post instead of taking long jumpers so frequently. He's deadly down low

you know he a jump shooter 1st so its gonna happen regardless! "The Innate Ability" in the Triangle system is when Kobe is doing is MJ / West thing. 1-2 dribble pullups. no dribble turn over shoulder fadeaway; double shake fadeaway; or just catch & release as soon as he catches it in post. Kobe's legs are still good enough to not be limited to the block only. but coach d should make that his feature area like in past. the screen with d12 from post wit Kobe should happen 4 times a qrter
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:00 PM

Since he watch his 81 point game, It looks like hes been posting up and doing baseline fadaaways

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#23 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:16 PM

They did a good job of finding him in the post early in the offense. I remember last year it took them like 20 seconds to get him the balland he'd end up "posted up" at the 3 point line so he'd have to shoot a bunch of fadeaway 3s.

#24 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 25, 2013 - 10:21 PM

They did a good job of finding him in the post early in the offense. I remember last year it took them like 20 seconds to get him the balland he'd end up "posted up" at the 3 point line so he'd have to shoot a bunch of fadeaway 3s.

That was when they failed establishing Bynum in the post

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#25 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 08:46 AM

I dont have production of our guys to rest of the league & where they rank but heres how they ended the regular season

http://www.mysynergy...ers&home=lakers

Go on the team page if its not already there then "Go to plays" and then "Regular season"

-Dwight got 49% of all postups the Lakers ran. His production was .74 points per play when posting up. Synergy says its Below Average
- Pau got 14.32 of all postups the Lakers ran. His production was .86 points per play when posting up. Synergy says its average production
- Kobe nearly 23% of all postups the Lakers ran. His production was 1.05 points per play when posting up. Synergy says its Good

Lets look at "Playoffs"

- Dwight got 49% of all postups the Lakers ran. His production was .70 points per play. Synergy says even though his production dipped, compared to postups to the rest of the players in the playoffs his production was "Good"
- Pau got 32% of all postsups the Lakers ran. His production was .96 points per play. Synergy said this was good

Theres been very little post play in the post season, Metta has a .50 points per play when it comes to postups and Synergy says that was "Good" in the playoffs

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#26 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:24 AM

Kobe has an unfair advantage with these statistics. He is a better offensive player and has the option of facing up. I don't know where these numbers come from but basically Kobe doesn't post up unless he has an advantage. Gasol and Howard don't have nearly the same luxury as their face up games are not anywhere near Kobe's. 

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Kobe has an unfair advantage with these statistics. He is a better offensive player and has the option of facing up. I don't know where these numbers come from but basically Kobe doesn't post up unless he has an advantage. Gasol and Howard don't have nearly the same luxury as their face up games are not anywhere near Kobe's. 

Gasol and Howard were crowned the two best bigs in the league and yet they dont have an advantage? Lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted May 06, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Gasol and Howard were crowned the two best bigs in the league and yet they dont have an advantage? Lol

They have an advantage over other big men. I didn't look at the list but given the way D'Antoni runs the offense and the multiple injuries I don't expect them to be able to show what they can do.

I'm saying that Kobe has an unfair advantage in this list because he can choose when the post up. He only posts up when he feels he has a significant advantage in the post. He is a great post player. He also has other options, so he doesn't have to post up when he doesn't have quite the advantage (i.e. when matched up against bigger players).

Just pointing out the inherent biases in a list like this.

#29 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,537 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 06, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Gasol is far from the best now.

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,464 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 06, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Kobe being out really showed you how much Gasol depends on him to be effective.

Gasol still put up some stats but his shooting percentage DROPPED to the 40s when it wasn't Kobe out there setting him up and drawing defensive attention.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#31 Holden_Magroin

Holden_Magroin

Rookie

• 53 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar & Kobe

Posted May 06, 2013 - 12:44 PM

That's just Kobe Doin' Work. 

#32 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted May 07, 2013 - 09:59 AM

Did you do that MDI? That's impressive

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#33 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,874 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 07, 2013 - 11:20 AM

Who put this together?  Some of it doesn't make sense.

Points per post-up...should be directly related to FG%.  All post-ups are going to be worth two points.  The higher the FG%, the higher the "points per post-up" number.

Also, the "percent score" is inaccurate.  If Kobe has a "points per post-up" of 1.12, you'd take that and divide by two (two points), and get 56%.

But then, "percent score" should also be FG%...they are the same thing.

So I'm trying to figure out what all of that means, because quite frankly, I have a hard time believing Kobe is ranked #1 on the list, especially since LeBron ended the season at a scary-high 56.5% overall.

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 07, 2013 - 11:22 AM

Points per post-up...should be directly related to FG%.  All post-ups are going to be worth two points.  The higher the FG%, the higher the "points per post-up" number.

Also, the "percent score" is inaccurate.  If Kobe has a "points per post-up" of 1.12, you'd take that and divide by two (two points), and get 56%.

So I'm trying to figure out what all of that means, because quite frankly, I have a hard time believing Kobe is ranked #1 on the list, especially since LeBron ended the season at a scary-high 56.5% overall.

I think Lebron's high FG% could come from the array of rim attacks in half court or transition, Im not sure if hes that productive as Kobe when operating from the post

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,815 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted May 07, 2013 - 04:32 PM

We all knew kobe was good in the post...

BUT THAT GOOD!!

no one thought that...

Lakers need to feature more kobe in the post!

They need to do that by having a SF who can knock down shots, and a big man that can stretch the floor...

Twin towers leaves no space for a SG to operate....

#36 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 11, 2013 - 12:42 PM

Points per post up probably has to do with assist percentage, free throws, even passing it out and swinging it... just points that resulted from a Kobe post up

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#37 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 12, 2013 - 01:48 AM

Kobe's ability to play from the post is one of the things that makes me believe that he'll bounce back from his injury. He could make a living from the post for years...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users