#121 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:00 PM

We have NEVER pushed the tempo like MDA's PHO teams. This team has NEVER really run. Long shots, long rebounds. Turnovers/bad transition defense. Those are the biggest factors in our pace stat.

As for Kobe playing in the post...NO. He should and can move off the ball more. When he gets the ball, he needs to attack or move the ball. Him stopping and clearing out is counter-productive and not good for the offense.

The offense is a free-flowing offense.

We can't have one rule/offense for Kobe and another completely different rule/offense for the rest of the team.

We weren't running 7 seconds or less, but we sure as hell weren't playing to the strengths of this team. You can't just brush it off as long shots and misses, we weren't playing a style that was sustainable with our personnel. That was obvious after two weeks of running D'Antoni's joke of a system. We can't run and we can't play at a high pace like we've been doing with D'Antoni at the helm. While playing Nash-centric ball we had a 5-11 record, while playing through Kobe as the primary facilitator and relegating Nash to an off ball threat (which he should be, since he's the best shooting PG in history) has given us our two best wins of the season.

Counter-productive? Kobe playing out of the post the last two games has generated better looks and easier baskets than anything else this season. Kobe is our best post player, why would he NOT be playing in the post and creating for everyone? He's essentially doing the same thing as LeBron in Miami but that's obviously not a recipe for success, right? We should just run the offense through the 39 year old PG who can't penetrate defenses and is hesitant shooting the ball off the dribble. We were 12-14 when Nash came back against Golden State and we were 17-25 before we began running through Kobe on Friday.

You can gush about D'Antoni's horrible Nash-centric offense that led us to a 5-11 record all you want but I'd rather us actually win games. Playing Kobe like he was a Rip Hamilton or Ray Allen is not how you get things done. Running the offense through our best player who is capable of facilitating or scoring depending on any given situation is the best bet for this team. Funny how that works, it's only what every elite guard in the league is capable of doing. Our starting PG is 39 years old and incapable of playing like he did 8 years ago. That should be plenty obvious by now.

I'm honestly shocked by half the things you've written in the last month in regards to D'Antoni and this Nash-centric offense. It's like you haven't watched a single game since Christmas.

#122 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:00 PM

Posted Image

To be honest no one here has no idea what is actually being coached and whats being said. All is speculation.

Edited by bigfetz, January 27, 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#123 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:18 PM

The Lakers have a defensive assistant and his name is Steve Clifford.

#124 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:02 AM

Nash and D'Antoni both openly supporting the idea to scrap the offense and go with Kobe being the facilitator.

Posted Image

#125 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:07 AM

Nash and D'Antoni both openly supporting the idea to scrap the offense and go with Kobe being the facilitator.

Posted Image

Source?
Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#126 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,771 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Posted Image

There is a god.

#127 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 09:26 AM

Source?

A lot of different ones...I'm just running through Twitter on my phone. I'd post articles and links, all of that, but I hate doing it from my phone.

Here's a few...just the links.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/35614/lakers-rise-as-dantonis-offense-ditched

As for Twitter...Mike Trudell, the Kamenetzky brothers, Kevin Ding...I don't know. They posted a lot of quotes.

Pretty awesome. PHOENIX OFFENSE DITCHED! :clap2:

------------------

I will say something about Nash: he's intelligent for doing this. This is a great idea.

As for Mike D'Antoni, I really don't know...was his job on the line? Did Jerry, Jim and/or Mitch talk to him? It makes me wonder...but if not, good for him as well.

Should have happened back in...well, running that offense should have never happened to begin with.

#128 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted January 28, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Just saw Majesty's topic, so here's the D'Antoni video:

Love hearing all of this. :81:

#129 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 244 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 28, 2013 - 01:07 PM

The Lakers are pretty much running the Triangle...by the looks of it.

This a GREAT THING!

#130 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:14 PM

Pringles is useless now, we should've brought in Phil all along.

#131 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,113 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yep. D'antoni pretty much admitting we're NOT running his offense and that how we're running it now is better.

One thing when it comes to what PJ would do. I don't think he'd start Clark over Gasol and have Gasol play bench 5. It works for us though VERY well.

This isn't the triangle either but don't say that out loud :P

Edited by Majesty, January 28, 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#132 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:09 PM

Kobe's buying into passing the ball and they are playing off each other?

I don't care if they are running the offensive sets or not. For you guys to say that this isn't MDA's vision and type of basketball, you must really not have watched a lot of PHO.

Kobe's playing the same role as Nash. Both are facilitating and Nash is becoming more aggressive scoring off the ball. What's wrong with that. That's actually all Kobe had to do.

So what's going on? MDA and Nash have gotten Kobe to pass the ball. If it means abandoning the offense and getting wins, I'M HAPPY!!! That's the difference between a Lakers fan and Kobe Zealots. I don't care if the offense is centered around Kobe or Nash or Dwight, if the Lakers are winning, I'm for it.

Saying MDA is expendable? Watching this team share the ball makes me think of MDA's vision and I believe his vision is coming to fruition. He's adjusted his offense and principles which is what a coach can and should do.

I'm sorry. I don't know what you expected me to say.

"Oh NO!!! Nash isn't the man? My world is coming to an end!!!!!!!"

Remember this: I said that Kobe should play facilitator when Nash was out. Your response? YOU said that was NOT his job.

I said that this team needs Kobe to pass...YOU said we need him to SCORE more.
I said that Kobe shouldn't go to strict ISO...you said he'd pass more if his teammates MADE more.
I said that if he passed more, his teammates would finish better...YOU said we couldn't win without Kobe scoring at a high clip.

I'm happy MDA, Nash and Kobe have figured out how to get the entire TEAM involved.

Advantage: Lakers.

Great players find a way to win...glad Kobe decided to play "great". I'm happy...it's working and it's good basketball. That's all I want or need. Take that however you want. My Lakers are winning and I feel good.

Edited by GCMD, January 29, 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#133 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 09:15 PM

Kobe is passing...Lakers are moving the ball and not forcing the ball into Dwight. Lakers are getting good symmetrical scoring out of at least 7 players on a nightly basis...less 3pt shots...more cuts and slashing...more P&R...

If it takes having Kobe play PG to get him to pass the ball like he should have done in the offense from the beginning, I think that's a win-win for the Lakers...

#134 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted January 29, 2013 - 10:30 PM

When Nash was out, we had nobody to shoot threes, and we had nobody to draw defensive attention away from Dwight. Kobe's job was to ISO, and try to get the ball into Dwight when he's not going one-on-one.

I stated that we needed to run the same offense we did last season when Nash was out...playing through Dwight like Orlando did, the same way we attempted to play through Drew.

Clear as day.

Now that Nash is back into the mix, I stated that the ball MUST be in Kobe's hands. I made this clear as well. I stated that you CANNOT turn Kobe into someone else when, for most of his career, he has been the primary facilitator in the triangle offense, and has led the team in assists almost every season he has been in the starting lineup.

If you want me to go find all of those posts (I said this maybe 2-3 times), I will.

D'Antoni's vision was to share the ball? No, that's EVERY coach's vision. Every coach wants ball movement. Give me one coach that doesn't.

D'Antoni's ultimate goal was to run the offense through Steve Nash. It was also your idea of an effective offense.

It was abandoned, Kobe was put BACK into the position he has had for almost his entire career as a Laker (primary facilitator), and we are doing much better.

You are the one that decided to hop into the topic and not only call ME out, but everyone else for believing we should play this way...to basically call them mindless sheep, to think on their own. So why aren't you calling D'Antoni and Nash out now? If they were message board members, they'd be supporting this topic as well.

Kobe Zealot, huh? You're the stand-out Lakers fan because, at the end of the night, all you wanted was your Lakers to win? Whatever you say...doesn't bother me, haha. What I care most about is my interpretation of the sport as a whole...the players, the teams, the offensive and defensive schemes, coaches, etc.

So here you go, a standing ovation, for you being such a big Lakers fan. :clap2: Maybe even a bigger fan than all of these mindless sheep in here, who also wanted the ball out of Nash's hands a bit more and back into Kobe's. Hell, you may be the biggest Lakers fan on the site. :bow:

How can you even come back into this topic after Nash's and D'Antoni's statements?

-----------------------------

Anyway, to a more serious discussion...how good was Earl Clark tonight? He plays off of Kobe, Dwight and Nash very well...and when Bryant has the ball, he knows to take a few strides back and wait for that kick-out. That's a big 20/12 game for him, even though it came against the Hornets...he really stepped up when we needed him the most.

Dwight actually did pretty good, also. We were a wreck on defense when he and Kobe sat the bench...can't expect Gasol to defend well at the rim, though, and a big man combo of Gasol and Jamison will present an open path to the rim almost every time.

#135 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 29, 2013 - 11:30 PM

When Nash was out, we had nobody to shoot threes, and we had nobody to draw defensive attention away from Dwight. Kobe's job was to ISO, and try to get the ball into Dwight when he's not going one-on-one.

I stated that we needed to run the same offense we did last season when Nash was out...playing through Dwight like Orlando did, the same way we attempted to play through Drew.

Clear as day.

Now that Nash is back into the mix, I stated that the ball MUST be in Kobe's hands. I made this clear as well. I stated that you CANNOT turn Kobe into someone else when, for most of his career, he has been the primary facilitator in the triangle offense, and has led the team in assists almost every season he has been in the starting lineup.

If you want me to go find all of those posts (I said this maybe 2-3 times), I will.

D'Antoni's vision was to share the ball? No, that's EVERY coach's vision. Every coach wants ball movement. Give me one coach that doesn't.

D'Antoni's ultimate goal was to run the offense through Steve Nash. It was also your idea of an effective offense.

It was abandoned, Kobe was put BACK into the position he has had for almost his entire career as a Laker (primary facilitator), and we are doing much better.

You are the one that decided to hop into the topic and not only call ME out, but everyone else for believing we should play this way...to basically call them mindless sheep, to think on their own. So why aren't you calling D'Antoni and Nash out now? If they were message board members, they'd be supporting this topic as well.

Kobe Zealot, huh? You're the stand-out Lakers fan because, at the end of the night, all you wanted was your Lakers to win? Whatever you say...doesn't bother me, haha. What I care most about is my interpretation of the sport as a whole...the players, the teams, the offensive and defensive schemes, coaches, etc.

So here you go, a standing ovation, for you being such a big Lakers fan. :clap2: Maybe even a bigger fan than all of these mindless sheep in here, who also wanted the ball out of Nash's hands a bit more and back into Kobe's. Hell, you may be the biggest Lakers fan on the site. :bow:

How can you even come back into this topic after Nash's and D'Antoni's statements?

-----------------------------

Anyway, to a more serious discussion...how good was Earl Clark tonight? He plays off of Kobe, Dwight and Nash very well...and when Bryant has the ball, he knows to take a few strides back and wait for that kick-out. That's a big 20/12 game for him, even though it came against the Hornets...he really stepped up when we needed him the most.

Dwight actually did pretty good, also. We were a wreck on defense when he and Kobe sat the bench...can't expect Gasol to defend well at the rim, though, and a big man combo of Gasol and Jamison will present an open path to the rim almost every time.

Yea Dwight was a beast defensively tonight

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#136 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 11:39 AM

You refuse to listen. And I'm saying basically the same things I've said from day 1. Kobe needed to pass the ball more. He's got one of the most talented teams in the league. He should NOT have to score 30ppg for this team to win. He draws a lot of attention and his teammates need to get into a rhythm...impossible with Kobe going ISO.

ISO is NEVER the best play in basketball. Basketball is a TEAM sport. The NBA created 1-on-1 play 25-30 feet from the rim. It is NOT what you want more than 5-10 times per game. I don't know HOW you can say a steady diet of Kobe ISO is what's best for this team...well, I do know but it's got nothing to do with this team.

As far as Nash and MDA's comments, both are spot on. They COULDN'T run MDA's offense because the ball wouldn't keep moving when it hit KOBE's hands. Nash couldn't do his job because the ball should have gone from him to a person in scoring position or quickly on to another player in scoring position OR back to Nash. That DIDN'T happen...so you HAVE to scrap the offense...MDA's offense is supposed to be free flowing. It's supposed to be built on chemistry and trust and depend on the WE not the I. Nash was supposed to be the spoke in the middle of the wheel and everyone was supposed to feed off that, trusting he would make the game easy for them.

Kobe will NEVER trust anyone else. That's evident in the Lakers 20-25 start. It's also evident in that the only person Kobe lets control the ball is KOBE...when you can't trust one of the best floor generals in NBA History, you know you've got issues.

Why didn't Kobe do this with Nash out? He could have at ANY point he CHOSE to. We NEEDED it from him. My theory? Stubborn pig-headness, trying to prove a point to Dwight. Getting caught up in making history. You can't tell me that he couldn't see that setting his teammates up for EASY scores was better for the team than trying to win the game by himself? How about feeding off Nash when Nash returned? The offense is NOT that complicated...it's principles are VERY similar to what they are out there doing right now!!!! Don't believe me? Go watch old PHO games...or just watch when they had good games after Nash returned...same principles and vision, lacking strict sets...which weren't the problem either.

MDA and Nash have figured out the perfect solution. They have gotten one of the most obstinate players in NBA history to buy into their game-plan by convincing him he's the best POINT GUARD on the team...LOL (obviously, he's not).

And why wouldn't I come back to this thread, Real? You think I'm YOU? No. I'm here to discuss the Lakers. I'm not here to pump up Nash or MDA...just like I wasn't here to pump up Mike Brown. I'm a supporter of playing TEAM basketball and giving UNITY and CHEMISTRY a chance and making it a PRIORITY over individual success. That's what I've preached all season long...and now it's happening and I'm supposed to feel like I'm wrong? LOL...

I'm a grown man. I don't need your approval or respect. PROVE that Kobe's not playing the same role Nash played for MDA. PROVE that Nash isn't playing the role KOBE should have played in MDA's offense. Explain to me why Kobe scoring LESS is better for the TEAM. (Something I've SCREAMED for so long)...

Do that and we have a discussion. Until then, Kobe's found a way to win which is more about his TEAM than himself. These guys haven't suddenly learned how to shoot. Dwight hasn't suddenly learned how to dunk. Clark hasn't suddenly learned how to slash. They needed to play together and the only thing that was preventing that? LOL...the SAME thing that has resulted in 3 wins...If it takes convincing him he's so much better at passing the ball than Nash to get him to buy into playing this way, I'll perpetuate the LIE too...as long as the Lakers win.

And all you've done is prove my point. In your mind, Kobe's a better floor general than Nash...that's what this is about. It's not about running the offense thru Kobe and Dwight, which is ABSOLUTELY not what's happening. It's about your hatred for all things Nash and MDA. I don't really care either way. Good basketball is good basketball. The Lakers were FAR more constrained in the PRINCETON than they were in MDA's offense...Nash is far and away a better passer and PG than Kobe. Kobe is a GREAT 3 point shooter when he sets his feet.

You REALLY think Nash shooting 3's is the reason the offense looks better? We didn't have spacing because swapping Nash for Kobe as the wing 3pt shooter forces teams to guard NASH when they would NOT have guarded Kobe? That's your explanation for why NASH as a WING SNIPER is better than KOBE in that same position? LOL...you are holding on for dear LIFE!!!!! And ball movement is better BECAUSE Kobe's facilitating? LOL...ball movement EXISTS because Kobe's finally passing. How about playing thru DWIGHT? You're HILARIOUS. Dwight is EXACTLY what I said he was so long ago...he's a FINISHER, not a go-to guy in the post.

You can NOT run an offense THRU Dwight. It won't work. He's a guy you use as a decoy and as a linchpin. You let him draw attention so your other players have space to operate. He's got to be the focus of the defense...you don't do that by having the ball go into him. You do that by using his mobility to force the defense to collapse on him or give up an easy finish. Run P&R...off-ball screens, have him flash from weak to strong, things that are not NEARLY as easy to defend as POSTING Dwight for the entire world to see...even a HIGH SCHOOL coach knows better than that!!!!! If Dwight catches in the post and has to wait on a clear out, you're in trouble. When he catches on the move or as he flashes to a spot, he's deadly. So again, you're WRONG.

You have been backwards the entire season...and that's sad because if you didn't let your personal feelings get in the way, you could have really been a fount of information for fans on this board. As it is, you have become the "Harbinger of DOOM".

Good luck with that. I'm sticking with the team and offering REAL DEAL solutions of how to FIX what we have, not just SCRAP EVERYTHING like you keep pushing on people. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors...

GCMD

#137 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:06 PM

You refuse to listen. And I'm saying basically the same things I've said from day 1. Kobe needed to pass the ball more. He's got one of the most talented teams in the league. He should NOT have to score 30ppg for this team to win. He draws a lot of attention and his teammates need to get into a rhythm...impossible with Kobe going ISO.

ISO is NEVER the best play in basketball. Basketball is a TEAM sport. The NBA created 1-on-1 play 25-30 feet from the rim. It is NOT what you want more than 5-10 times per game. I don't know HOW you can say a steady diet of Kobe ISO is what's best for this team...well, I do know but it's got nothing to do with this team.

As far as Nash and MDA's comments, both are spot on. They COULDN'T run MDA's offense because the ball wouldn't keep moving when it hit KOBE's hands. Nash couldn't do his job because the ball should have gone from him to a person in scoring position or quickly on to another player in scoring position OR back to Nash. That DIDN'T happen...so you HAVE to scrap the offense...MDA's offense is supposed to be free flowing. It's supposed to be built on chemistry and trust and depend on the WE not the I. Nash was supposed to be the spoke in the middle of the wheel and everyone was supposed to feed off that, trusting he would make the game easy for them.

Kobe will NEVER trust anyone else. That's evident in the Lakers 20-25 start. It's also evident in that the only person Kobe lets control the ball is KOBE...when you can't trust one of the best floor generals in NBA History, you know you've got issues.

Why didn't Kobe do this with Nash out? He could have at ANY point he CHOSE to. We NEEDED it from him. My theory? Stubborn pig-headness, trying to prove a point to Dwight. Getting caught up in making history. You can't tell me that he couldn't see that setting his teammates up for EASY scores was better for the team than trying to win the game by himself? How about feeding off Nash when Nash returned? The offense is NOT that complicated...it's principles are VERY similar to what they are out there doing right now!!!! Don't believe me? Go watch old PHO games...or just watch when they had good games after Nash returned...same principles and vision, lacking strict sets...which weren't the problem either.

MDA and Nash have figured out the perfect solution. They have gotten one of the most obstinate players in NBA history to buy into their game-plan by convincing him he's the best POINT GUARD on the team...LOL (obviously, he's not).

And why wouldn't I come back to this thread, Real? You think I'm YOU? No. I'm here to discuss the Lakers. I'm not here to pump up Nash or MDA...just like I wasn't here to pump up Mike Brown. I'm a supporter of playing TEAM basketball and giving UNITY and CHEMISTRY a chance and making it a PRIORITY over individual success. That's what I've preached all season long...and now it's happening and I'm supposed to feel like I'm wrong? LOL...

I'm a grown man. I don't need your approval or respect. PROVE that Kobe's not playing the same role Nash played for MDA. PROVE that Nash isn't playing the role KOBE should have played in MDA's offense. Explain to me why Kobe scoring LESS is better for the TEAM. (Something I've SCREAMED for so long)...

Do that and we have a discussion. Until then, Kobe's found a way to win which is more about his TEAM than himself. These guys haven't suddenly learned how to shoot. Dwight hasn't suddenly learned how to dunk. Clark hasn't suddenly learned how to slash. They needed to play together and the only thing that was preventing that? LOL...the SAME thing that has resulted in 3 wins...If it takes convincing him he's so much better at passing the ball than Nash to get him to buy into playing this way, I'll perpetuate the LIE too...as long as the Lakers win.

And all you've done is prove my point. In your mind, Kobe's a better floor general than Nash...that's what this is about. It's not about running the offense thru Kobe and Dwight, which is ABSOLUTELY not what's happening. It's about your hatred for all things Nash and MDA. I don't really care either way. Good basketball is good basketball. The Lakers were FAR more constrained in the PRINCETON than they were in MDA's offense...Nash is far and away a better passer and PG than Kobe. Kobe is a GREAT 3 point shooter when he sets his feet.

You REALLY think Nash shooting 3's is the reason the offense looks better? We didn't have spacing because swapping Nash for Kobe as the wing 3pt shooter forces teams to guard NASH when they would NOT have guarded Kobe? That's your explanation for why NASH as a WING SNIPER is better than KOBE in that same position? LOL...you are holding on for dear LIFE!!!!! And ball movement is better BECAUSE Kobe's facilitating? LOL...ball movement EXISTS because Kobe's finally passing. How about playing thru DWIGHT? You're HILARIOUS. Dwight is EXACTLY what I said he was so long ago...he's a FINISHER, not a go-to guy in the post.

You can NOT run an offense THRU Dwight. It won't work. He's a guy you use as a decoy and as a linchpin. You let him draw attention so your other players have space to operate. He's got to be the focus of the defense...you don't do that by having the ball go into him. You do that by using his mobility to force the defense to collapse on him or give up an easy finish. Run P&R...off-ball screens, have him flash from weak to strong, things that are not NEARLY as easy to defend as POSTING Dwight for the entire world to see...even a HIGH SCHOOL coach knows better than that!!!!! If Dwight catches in the post and has to wait on a clear out, you're in trouble. When he catches on the move or as he flashes to a spot, he's deadly. So again, you're WRONG.

You have been backwards the entire season...and that's sad because if you didn't let your personal feelings get in the way, you could have really been a fount of information for fans on this board. As it is, you have become the "Harbinger of DOOM".

Good luck with that. I'm sticking with the team and offering REAL DEAL solutions of how to FIX what we have, not just SCRAP EVERYTHING like you keep pushing on people. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors...

GCMD

You were the one that said running MD's system was the right thing......turns out you are the one that is wrong

You try to say Real Deal blames everything on Nash and MD but take a look in the mirror......you blame everything on Kobe.

Haters gonna hate :81:

Edited by LakeShow805, January 30, 2013 - 12:08 PM.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#138 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Nash was supposed to be the spoke in the middle of the wheel and everyone was supposed to feed off that, trusting he would make the game easy for them.

This is where you are wrong and what everyone else is refuting you on. Nash being the center of the offense caused it to fail, forcing Kobe to have to bail the Lakers out late into the shot clock. That was D'Antoni's original system and it wasn't working.

But now Kobe is "the spoke in the middle of the wheel" and good things are happening as a result. Nash and MDA's comments indicate this change brought a positive impact with it.

Your own words here and in multiple previous posts have been turned against you, it's impossible for you to be able to reconcile that with the Laker's new style as I've just shown.

Edited by bfc1125roy, January 30, 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#139 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,048 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:41 PM

You can NOT run an offense THRU Dwight. It won't work. He's a guy you use as a decoy and as a linchpin. You let him draw attention so your other players have space to operate.

I hope you realize that is, by definition, running an offense through Dwight. In fact you just described the 4 out 1 in, the offense Orlando used to reach the finals in 2009, when they were running it through a certain player.

The number of contradictions here is getting to be ridiculous.

#140 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts

Posted January 30, 2013 - 12:51 PM

All you're doing is putting the blame on Kobe for the entire season MINUS the last three games, which is pretty sad. And you're lying to yourself in the process, with most everything you say.

And this comment...

You can NOT run an offense THRU Dwight. It won't work.

Is funny. It won't work HERE because Nash didn't establish himself as a shooter. It would work, though, if we had him, Ron, and maybe one other (oh, that Earl Clark guy) doing so...and we had at least 10-15 games doing it.

How do I know? Because he did it FOR YEARS IN ORLANDO. You obviously don't understand just how much the lack of spacing hurts his effectiveness in the post, so it's whatever.

Kobe is not playing PG. He is playing facilitator. You need to know the difference, and why it's important in this offense. Why the hell do you keep saying that?

As for your major question that, really, doesn't make sense...

Try to read, not stare.

Kobe is NOT running an uptempo offense. He's not bringing the ball up and pushing the tempo, dumping the ball off quickly. He's waiting for doubles that come to him WITHOUT the drive...he doesn't even need the P&R. That's the difference between a player who is still a superstar (KB) and who is now a role player (Nash). He did this multiple times last night. Five or six of his assists came to Dwight Howard, who was NOT playing like Amare (out of the P&R or spotting up for 15-footers). LEARN the difference. It's not the same offense.

Kobe scoring less is better? No, players taking advantage of Kobe's primacy is better. It's better than them standing there and doing absolutely nothing. Nash didn't do a damn thing without the ball for how many games now?

I love the fact that D'Antoni AND Nash both told you there really isn't an offense. D'Antoni would have just come out and said that it's the same offense, with Kobe replacing Nash's role...but he didn't. Get that through your skull, dude.

Holy [expletive], man...what has happened to you? :facepalm:

D'Antoni's offense DID NOT WORK. They changed it. MDA and Nash admitted that they changed it. You still think they didn't. Shut the hell up already.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Lakers, Dwight, Nash, Gasol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users