Kobe Lakers Dwight Nash Gasol

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#61 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,738 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 12:17 AM

This is one of the fewest games that Howard trusted Kobe, what i noticed since the beginning of the season that Howard stops for a second before passing to kobe after a rebound or passes it to Nash (obvious reason) but today it was out of trust more than he has to. Game was pretty good , the intensity the energy the will , we yet have to prove consistency. I doubt the team will continue on this intensity for long.

Good read R Deal ..

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,119 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:54 AM

Something else I noticed. Metta was playing the 4 when Clark was in and Clark was playing the 3. Metta was guarding the 4s while Clark guarded the 3s but Metta stretched the floor from the 3 while Clark played an hybrid. Was an interesting setup.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 26, 2013 - 07:13 AM

I never seen them play so fluid last night and I didn't see Howard get stripped too much in the post

#64 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,581 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:04 AM

I never seen them play so fluid last night and I didn't see Howard get stripped too much in the post

Still got stripped a few times. If I have to hear Stu Lantz complain about how big men should hold the ball high up every time Dwight gets stripped I'll go crazy.

#65 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,029 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:33 AM

Hopefully this will get them to jump start, Kobe needs to get everybody involve first and let him be the closer at the end of games

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#66 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,925 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yea keep talking about offense guys!!!
https://twitter.com/...852715979366400

Lakers were the 3rd best defensive team in NBA in November - since then they are 25th in the NBA

https://twitter.com/...861218030686208

Lakers defensive slide has corresponded with a defensive rebounding slide - were #5 def reb team in November since then #21 in NBA

I understand turnovers, missed free throws and lack of shots can impact defense but come on there were some games were shot the lights out and still lost

https://twitter.com/...843457363660800

Lakers allow 105.8 pts per game on the road and only 97 pts allowed at home

https://twitter.com/...947840302673921

Dwight Howard better in Hollywood - At Home: 62% 18 pts/14 reb on the Road 52% 15 pts /9 rebs

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#67 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:11 PM

We have 2 second round Draft picks in the 2013 draft hopefully we can find a steal

#68 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,925 posts

Posted January 26, 2013 - 03:25 PM

LMAO

https://twitter.com/...056224087580672

Ebanks, sitting in Dwight's chair: Me: You don't look like Dwight. "No, I'm not Dwight. I'm invisible in this locker room." Good point

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#69 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 945 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 26, 2013 - 06:27 PM

Great Post Real :)

#70 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,770 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:36 PM

I'm going to try to respond to that massively flawed post over the weekend. I've been swamped lately and have only been able to check in sporadically.

Just so you guys know, almost nothing posted in the original post of this thread makes sense or fits with reality. It's all a part of the original posters point of view, skewed by bias against the coach, the PG and the starting C...pretty much, anything and everybody except Kobe.

That's why his views may be popular but they are not rooted in fact or logic. It's just one person's rant presented as analysis...

Think for yourselves, people...

#71 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 26, 2013 - 08:50 PM

How is this not clear to you? How is it not clear that Ron Artest becomes VITAL in our offense when we run it through Nash? He becomes the second most important scorer on this team...and that's fine with you? What the hell are you thinking?

The reason Artest becomes the 2nd most important guy in the offense is because MDA keeps sticking him on the weak-side. When Nash runs the PnR, the D helps off the weak-side, which Artest happens to be spotting up there, as a result he gets a lot of 3's. Now, that's stupid design by MDA; he should have Kobe be where Artest is. If MDA figures it out (which he did before but only for a couple possessions) then Artest doesn't become as important of a scorer and the Nash PnR becomes more efficient.

Edited by Notorious Arab, January 26, 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm going to try to respond to that massively flawed post over the weekend. I've been swamped lately and have only been able to check in sporadically.

Just so you guys know, almost nothing posted in the original post of this thread makes sense or fits with reality. It's all a part of the original posters point of view, skewed by bias against the coach, the PG and the starting C...pretty much, anything and everybody except Kobe.

That's why his views may be popular but they are not rooted in fact or logic. It's just one person's rant presented as analysis...

Think for yourselves, people...

For one, you do realize that's the last time you're going to tell these members to think for themselves, right? I hope you understand that much.

And, ah yeah, I don't even like Dwight Howard. All of those times I called him the best center in the game, I was just kidding! You got me there. My hate for Howard is glaring now.

:clap2:

By the way, would you like me to go find my posts about how Steve Nash IS THE BEST JUMPSHOOTER IN NBA HISTORY at his position, and possibly of all-time? Would you like for me to show you where I've said that he deserved one of those MVP awards, for how well he led his Phoenix Suns team? Do you want me to go that route, and prove that I'm not biased, and make you look foolish? I think you know how fun that can get, dude...remember?

Hey, all of you that liked my initial post...you're all just sheep, says this guy. You can't think for yourselves.

So, he's going to tell you how things REALLY go in this league. He's going to bring his coaching and playing experience in HERE, to put down the hammer and tell you what's up.

Let me go ahead and type for you:

Nash and D'Antoni's system will work for this offense. It's KOME'S FAULT that it doesn't. Tell me something: just how many MVP's does Steve Nash have running his offense? How many Coach of the Year awards does Real Deal have?

Kome and Dwight should change for Nash. Why? Because Nash is a good passer!

There is no reason why Kome, Gasol, Jamison, and Artest can't run. They are faster than us, I bet! These are pro athletes.

We aren't really that old, guys. We may be the 4th oldest team in the NBA, but we are young in our hearts, and age don't mean a thing if it's true love!

Yeah, Kome won five rings, three of them because of Shaq, two because of Gasol, but ask this: how many of them were without Fisher? He's a bad leader, guise!

So to be a successful professional basketball team, don't listen to Real Deal like the mindless sheep that you are, listen to me...think exactly like me, read my write-up, and make your own conclusion that is identical to mine.

Go ahead, buddy...you have the floor. Copy/paste everything I wrote above, if you'd like.

EDIT: I just realized something. You keep referring to these people as mindless sheep (basically), saying they can't think for themselves OR they just choose not to...yet, you're encouraging them to listen to you babble on for a massive wall of a post about how successful this Lakers team can be under a Nash-led offense.

But that's really not what it's about, right? It's not about them gaining knowledge, it's about you not feeling like you're completely and utterly wrong. Why else would you post something like that?

I've been wrong before. I wanted Garnett and Jermaine O'Neal over Gasol. Oh, it S-U-C-K-S being wrong...so I know why your neck gets so hot when you watch these games, come in here and read what I have to say.

And you know the best thing about all of this is? I never, not once, went through and quoted 5-6 posts of yours throughout this season...never did that to brag. Never bumped topics and ridiculed you. Never questioned you as a Lakers fan...but did you question me? Most certainly. You say I'm not a Lakers fan, more of a Kobe fan that doesn't give a damn about the team.

Now, you're basically pointing out the faults of this community for agreeing with me (for the most part). You didn't do this when you wanted to give Bynum mulitple chances, did you? I'm really not sure...don't think you resorted to this.

You're defeated. You were back in October. You question this community...do you question the plethora of writers who are waiting for a Kyle Lowry trade, or who were digging into any information leading to the possible firing of D'Antoni?

How many Kobe trade rumors have you heard, anyway?

Dwight trade rumors are stemmed from him not wanting to come back to this team because of how bad we are this season. Latest was, his camp was "all-in" on Phil Jackson, and that he was worried about D'Antoni's arrival.

What are you truly going to say? Are you going to tell a five-time champion to become a role player? Are you going to suggest that a 39-year old PG should attempt to lead this team to a championship? Are you going to convince everyone that this franchise should support Kobe, Dwight, Gasol AND Jamison changing their games for one player who hasn't won an MVP in almost a decade AND went through three of his last four seasons in Phoenix under 50 wins, his last putting up numbers that proved to be his lowest since his early years with the Mavs?

Good luck. I won't read, but thanks for reading mine.

#73 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 27, 2013 - 01:50 AM

:clap2:

#74 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 01:55 AM

The reason Artest becomes the 2nd most important guy in the offense is because MDA keeps sticking him on the weak-side. When Nash runs the PnR, the D helps off the weak-side, which Artest happens to be spotting up there, as a result he gets a lot of 3's. Now, that's stupid design by MDA; he should have Kobe be where Artest is. If MDA figures it out (which he did before but only for a couple possessions) then Artest doesn't become as important of a scorer and the Nash PnR becomes more efficient.

I'm sure that, if you go back into the book of ridiculous MDA quotes, you'll find the one where he stated that he wants Ron Artest to take all of those threes. I didn't take part in the discussion, at least I don't remember doing it, because it was laughable...but he actually wanted that.

MDA thinks Ron Artest is Shawn Marion. That's why you'll see Artest put the ball on the floor, and do it more than usual this season, and I can bet anything he doesn't get his ass ripped for it.

D'Antoni would turn Kobe into Raja Bell, if he could...because he's rebuilding what he and Nash had in Phoenix, and it is clear as day. He pictures Dwight as Amare, Jamison as Tim Thomas, Artest and Kobe as Marion and Bell, and he believes Nash is still 31.

As successful as the P&R combo COULD be, it's ridiculous to think it usually ends in a three-point shot by someone NOT named Steve Nash...not a dunk at the rim by Howard or Gasol, and not an easy pull-up jumper by a 50/40/90 shooter in Nash. Almost hilarious, if I wasn't a Lakers fan...I'd laugh most of the game.

#75 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,119 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 27, 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hence why it was good to see Nash play off ball last game, that method worked wonders and Kobe got a lot of assists and Nash a lot of hockey assists. But him having 17 and 2 those 17 he had opened up a lot of opportunities like the alley oop to Dwight.

The Laker bigs actually set some hard screens too.

Think Nash went to D'antoni about this? I mean for the last few weeks Nash has been talking about wanting to score more and being a threat, he's probably smart enough to figure out that only happens if he plays off ball most of the time through Kobe and Dwight. And it worked so well I HOPE we stick with it against OKC as well.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#76 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm sure that, if you go back into the book of ridiculous MDA quotes, you'll find the one where he stated that he wants Ron Artest to take all of those threes. I didn't take part in the discussion, at least I don't remember doing it, because it was laughable...but he actually wanted that.

MDA thinks Ron Artest is Shawn Marion. That's why you'll see Artest put the ball on the floor, and do it more than usual this season, and I can bet anything he doesn't get his ass ripped for it.

D'Antoni would turn Kobe into Raja Bell, if he could...because he's rebuilding what he and Nash had in Phoenix, and it is clear as day. He pictures Dwight as Amare, Jamison as Tim Thomas, Artest and Kobe as Marion and Bell, and he believes Nash is still 31.

As successful as the P&R combo COULD be, it's ridiculous to think it usually ends in a three-point shot by someone NOT named Steve Nash...not a dunk at the rim by Howard or Gasol, and not an easy pull-up jumper by a 50/40/90 shooter in Nash. Almost hilarious, if I wasn't a Lakers fan...I'd laugh most of the game.

Yep. It's really laughable that Kobe isn't on the weak side.

Posted Image

#77 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,095 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:40 AM

damn. GCMD got oblilerated

ap1.png

#78 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 11:58 AM

damn. GCMD got oblilerated

how?!?!

#79 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 03:10 PM

Offense looks fantastic with the ball in Kobe's hands. And Nash is finally playing the RIGHT way. Good for him, great for us.

#80 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,494 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Offense looks fantastic with the ball in Kobe's hands. And Nash is finally playing the RIGHT way. Good for him, great for us.

Will this fatigue him more or less? We are running the floor up with the PG passing it to kobe, and kobe runs the offense. He takes less shots. Idk about the energy needed though

Edited by Ham, January 27, 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Lakers, Dwight, Nash, Gasol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users