Photo

So what exactly is the Lakers' problem?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: So what exactly is the Lakers' problem? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you attribute the losses too?

1. Lack of Effort (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. The System (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

3. The Coach (9 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

4. The Players (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Im just wondering, what do you guys think the problem is. I for one believe its effort, I think that as a proffessional basketball player you should be able to do your own thing even if the system calls for you to be in a certain place. For example, Kobe is on the wing off the ball, whats to stop him from cutting weak side and getting an easy layup, its not the coach, its himself. Nash comes off the high pick, whats to stop him from pulling up? Not the coach, himself.

What do you guys think?

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#2 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:53 PM

The problem is

Coaching

1 we shoukd play inside out game dwight and pau could dominate paint together like Marc and zbo do.
2. Howard should stay in the post while gasol pics and rolls with Nash. With pau passing he could get the ball in the lane hit Howard on the block.
3. Howard needs to get mean check his ego he's not shaq he's a really good Ben Wallace no one comes in the lane without getting hurt.
4 Metta can't play d in the offense I would like to run I would rather have a pure shooter at that spot.
5. Nash needs to shoot more and he just can't play d at this point we need a young guard to play along him too cover the guards tht r killing us.
6. Kobe shoukd be at 3 he shoukd cut his shots in half.
7. Dt has a bad rotation sign delonte west and kenyon Martin

But despite that teams r built on chemistry howArd is a locker room killer he needs to go

I want Kevin love

#3 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:07 PM

System doesn't fit the personnel. Also lack of effort.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#4 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,036 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:16 PM

1. The offensive system doesn't suit the talent on the roster. The Lakers need to play through Kobe and Dwight rather than through Nash.
2. There is no defensive scheme in place.
3. There are some roster holes, mostly in the bench.
4. People are not playing up to their full capacity. The shooters aren't making their shots, and Pau keeps pulling his disappearing act.
5. Rotations aren't consistent, it makes it hard to build chemistry and play with a lot of energy when you don't know how many minutes you'll be playing.
6. Kobe is playing too many minutes and we can see the wear on him starting to show.
7. Injuries. Nash was out for a while, Blake isn't back, Hill is gone for the season, and Dwight has been struggling with back issues. That makes everything just that much more difficult.

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,460 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:54 PM

סּ All of the above

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 aluren

aluren

Rookie

• 10 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:43 PM

סּ All of the above

This and throw in Jim Buss.

#7 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 24, 2013 - 04:43 AM

Worst coach in the NBA! Couldn't expect much more...
Posted Image

#8 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 24, 2013 - 06:05 AM

Everything is wrong start from Top All the way thru to the talent scouts & video coordinators. No1 is doing anything correct
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#9 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 24, 2013 - 06:46 AM

The players are in total confusion. I don't like Diantoni but he isn't out there playing. He isn't coaching a bunch of Rookies!! I think most of our players are DONE and it shows. Kobe cant play 38 minutes on both ends. Nash is too old to defend anyone. Metta has lost most of his only asset (even in the best shape of his life) Gasol is an OLD 32. Jamison?? All of our role players (other than Clark, Hill and Meeks) play with absolutely ZERO confidense because of the disfunction.

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,160 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 24, 2013 - 07:01 AM

The players are in total confusion. I don't like Diantoni but he isn't out there playing. He isn't coaching a bunch of Rookies!! I think most of our players are DONE and it shows. Kobe cant play 38 minutes on both ends. Nash is too old to defend anyone. Metta has lost most of his only asset (even in the best shape of his life) Gasol is an OLD 32. Jamison?? All of our role players (other than Clark, Hill and Meeks) play with absolutely ZERO confidense because of the disfunction.

^^And cuz those other role players have no idea when they are gonna get a chance to play any mins let alone meaningful mins!
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 24, 2013 - 07:03 AM

1. The offensive system doesn't suit the talent on the roster. The Lakers need to play through Kobe and Dwight rather than through Nash.
2. There is no defensive scheme in place.
3. There are some roster holes, mostly in the bench.
4. People are not playing up to their full capacity. The shooters aren't making their shots, and Pau keeps pulling his disappearing act.
5. Rotations aren't consistent, it makes it hard to build chemistry and play with a lot of energy when you don't know how many minutes you'll be playing.
6. Kobe is playing too many minutes and we can see the wear on him starting to show.
7. Injuries. Nash was out for a while, Blake isn't back, Hill is gone for the season, and Dwight has been struggling with back issues. That makes everything just that much more difficult.

I completely agree.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#12 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted January 24, 2013 - 07:38 AM

your poll's broken, it wont let me click on all of them and submit.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,103 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:04 AM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,906 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 24, 2013 - 09:22 AM

We play too fast.
Pau and Dwight don't mix on the court.

Injuries KEEP coming at the worse possible times to our Big 4 PLUS Hill is out for the season.

Kobe plays too many minutes and has little gas to CLOSEW out games.

We don't play our shooters.

We need more speed.

Every team plays their BEST when we come to town, guys who never make open Jumpers make them against us. Guys hustle the way you rarely see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users