Quotes From Wednesday's Shootaround

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,098 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Dwight is getting stripped because we have three guys, total, who want to score (Kobe, Ron, Howard), and we can't stretch the floor enough to pull the defense apart.

A compacted defense can front Dwight with multiple players all game long, and do it easily. It's common sense.

I hate Ron artest some times. He takes those ridiculous step back jumpers like he's Kobe. I want to pull my hair out

This team is sabotaging itself by having a bunch of me first players
Posted Image

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,592 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:25 PM

I hate Ron artest some times. He takes those ridiculous step back jumpers like he's Kobe. I want to pull my hair out

This team is sabotaging itself by having a bunch of me first players

Artest is the only other guy willing to take pressure off Kobe and take initiative and above all is willing to take criticism when he fails. That's why Kobe loves him. Dwight nor Nash are the types of players to do that. Nash can, but it's not his nature to search for his own shot and pressure the defense and Dwight only wants the ball one way to be offensive over running pick and roll. But he isn't the type that will just go at the defense and go take initiative for scoring while Kobe is off. Ron is the only Laker that doesn't need Kobe to set him up nor uses Kobe as a crutch to get his own shot. Nash needs to be like that sometimes and so does Dwight and if anything Dwight should be setting up Nash and Kobe for their shots rather than the other way around.

Yes it's not good that Artest has to take initiative some times but he's the ONLY other Laker willing to try not named Kobe. So I'll take the good with the bad. But if Nash and Dwight change their games up and D'antoni slows the offense down like Kobe said, then Artest won't take as many shots, simple as that.

If Nash uses Kobe and Dwight as a decoy for his own shots and Dwight is used to set up Kobe and Nash for open shots out of double teams Artest will only get maybe 7 to 8 shot attempts a game.

Simple as that.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,309 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:34 PM

ah really? new season today? Please someone sum me up..lol --.--

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users