#1 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:52 AM

First of all, let me start by saying I am in no way defending D'Antoni and what is going on with these Lakers. But let me also say that I do not believe this is entirely his fault.

I believe that the Lakers formula of leveraging their future by trading draft picks for superstars is beginning to bite us in the ass.

I know I may be completely disregarded for saying this, but Dwight Howard IS NOT THE FUTURE.
This guy is a bonafide coach killer with an ego as big as Kobe's WITHOUT THE SUCCESS. In my opinion he is mentally incapable of being the face of this franchise in the future, post Kobe. Mediocre offensively and only an A+ effort when the game is played HIS way. This is not a recipe for success.

Pau Gasol, whom I gave up on a long time ago, cannot be traded for anything that is worth it for the Lakers. We need to let his contract expire after next season and CUT OUR LOSSES. He will probably go to the Clippers in 2015 (joking).

I am sick of these "professionals" blaming the system. "I can't post up! It's the Coach! The System! Kobe won't share! The Buss family didn't get the right pieces for me to succeed!" This is complete and utter bull. Sure, D'Antoni isn't doing his teams any favors by adjusting. But Pau and Dwight are acting like they forgot how to post up. No one said 100% of the time, Pau needs to be at the 3 point line. Dwight needs to get an alley oop to score.

There is a SEROIUS lack of pride and effort on this team. It's coming from everyone. Can we blame the Coaches? Sure. But it can't always be their fault. Not every night. This is, in my opinion, what is wrong with our team. We don't care. It's someone else's fault. No taking blame. Defer. Whine when we don't get our way.

It's sickening that these multimillionaires are acting this way to play the game they love. They have flashes of how it might work. But unfortunately until D'Antoni is gone, we may never see them give 100% for 4 full quarters. That is quite unfortunate.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents. Call me out if you think I am being whack. Let me know where you might agree. I can't stand to see this team perform the way that we have. Not because we are losing, but because they are completely indifferent until the Press starts harassing them in the post game press conferences.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:57 AM

Fire Mike

Hire PJ

Trade Pau

Problem solved

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:05 AM

Perfect example of what I am trying to say. Vinny Del Negro. He isn't even a top 15 coach in the NBA. His team is equally stacked (ok more stacked) but his players don't make excuses. They bust their asses every night. If Del Negro was coaching the Lakers his ass would be canned in a heart beat.

We have a major ego problem on this team. It's disgusting.

#4 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 391 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:06 AM

I'd rather have Phil over D'Antoni, but I find it hard to believe he can swing a team from 17-24 to 30-11. Has something like that ever been done before by any new coaching hire?

Edited by Piston Honda, January 23, 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#5 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:17 AM

Doubtful. Even if PJ came back, we would have to teach Dwight and Nash the triangle. There would be a major learning curve for Dwight, Nash, Jamison, Meeks, Clark, Blake and Duhon

I'd rather have Phil over D'Antoni, but I find it hard to believe he can swing a team from 17-24 to 30-11. Has something like that ever been done before by any new coaching hire?

• 40,395 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:11 PM

Perfect example of what I am trying to say. Vinny Del Negro. He isn't even a top 15 coach in the NBA. His team is equally stacked (ok more stacked) but his players don't make excuses. They bust their asses every night. If Del Negro was coaching the Lakers his ass would be canned in a heart beat.

We have a major ego problem on this team. It's disgusting.

But also cause with the Clippers they've got Chris Paul and although he's not the better player than Kobe in most people's minds, he IS arguably a better TEAM leader and naturally so as he's the point guard so you can imagine, being the franchise guy AND AS the point guard, it sorta makes sense.

yo.

#7 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'd take cp3 over kobe right now easily. cp3 would not have dwight and gasol and not be in the playoffs. No matter who the coach is
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#8 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,545 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'd take cp3 over kobe right now easily. cp3 would not have dwight and gasol and not be in the playoffs. No matter who the coach is

Obviously, no one can limit or guard CP3

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users