Photo

If Dwight really gets traded this season , what would your thoughts be on him for the future ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:51 AM

No, I would not be sad at all, if he gets traded it will be cause he sucks and we need better players to become an elite team again. I'd rather have a 14p-8r, 12-million player who contributes to create a winning, tough contender than those empty stats from Howard.

Agreed.

I am a Lakers fan not a players fan..

I want the team to win not one guy to win.

I was never ever convinced of Dwight's greatness.

Great rebounder, great shot blocker. but that's about it.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#22 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:57 AM

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahan
Dwight Howard apologizes, says he needs to be "more of a player out there on the court and not worry about anything, not complain." #Lakers

Do you guys forgive Dwight?

#23 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,975 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:21 AM

Actions speak louder than words. He can say whatever he wants....
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:23 AM

Needs to go out and back up his words, not just for one game, but for the rest of the season.

#25 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:56 PM

His back shouldn't affect his attitude. and effort. There is something wrong with this guy.

That's pretty simplistic.

If his back is preventing his effectiveness, then that will frustrate him. What may appear to be a lack of effort, may actually be reduced/limited athleticism.

As far as attitude goes, a lot of that goes back to maturity. But lots of coddled NBA superstars have maturity issues. The Lakers have a guy wearing #24 who has had issues with this throughout most of his career, and was on the cusp of being traded away at least one time.

Another thing affecting his attitude, though, is the losing. The losing is partly on him, but not completely. He's just one (very important) piece of the puzzle. Lot's of guys are frustrated, and it's understandable, they just handle it differently.

I would be much more upset at Dwight right now if he just didn't care. Clearly, that is not the case. The problem is that he needs to get focused on what he can do to fix things (some of that is improving health, which takes time) and not go on around showing stat sheets to anyone who will pay attention. We watched the game. We know what happened. The problem wasn't that Dwight didn't get the ball.

One of the biggest problems to solving all this, though, is that the play-offs are almost completely outside of the realm of possibility. (I finally resigned us to missing them after the last Denver loss, and things have not improved since then to change my mind.)

So, even if we do play better, if it's not enough to get us into the play-offs, then the overarching theme will continue to be that the team underachieved and what needs to be done to fix the problem. Accordingly, this issue with Dwight will hange over our heads right up until at least the middle of July.

Edited by UKUGA, January 23, 2013 - 01:58 PM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#26 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'll be heated as [expletive] if the FO trades him.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#27 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,433 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 23, 2013 - 02:42 PM

He'd be dead to me.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#28 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:09 PM

thoughts on his character have been same, but i wouldnt hate him for the rest of his career, this whole situation with the lakers was messed up to begin with (no depth, age, bad coaching, injuries, wrong personell that dont fit with team philosophy or system etc. etc.)..ill get over it quick if he leaves, as long as i see something good in return from management, otherwise i would rather still stick with dwight through the season and look to re-sign him and make some other moves to get him to stay in la

his ego seems to be clashing too much though with kobe's..or so the media is making it seem, probably has truth to it though im sure

bw1wOGf.png

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,698 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:40 PM

hmmmm

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#30 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:48 PM

I would be shocked if he is traded.

I wouldn't. 4 Future HOFers and you can't make the Playoffs? There has to be A Cancer in that locker room

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#31 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:54 PM

Agreed.

I am a Lakers fan not a players fan..

I want the team to win not one guy to win.

I was never ever convinced of Dwight's greatness.

Great rebounder, great shot blocker. but that's about it.

I'll never forget it. Somebody asked Jeff Van Gundy if D12 to the Lakers was a good deal before the season started. Van Gundy said only if he understands he's the 4th best player on the team. Now the rest is history

Edited by Mr Terrific, January 23, 2013 - 04:54 PM.

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 05:04 PM

One of JVG's idiot statements

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,478 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'll never forget it. Somebody asked Jeff Van Gundy if D12 to the Lakers was a good deal before the season started. Van Gundy said only if he understands he's the 4th best player on the team. Now the rest is history

In fairness, he is probably the 3rd best. :)

#34 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,217 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:53 PM

Van Gundy was talking about being able to create offense without turning the ball over

#35 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:30 PM

In all Honesty quite a few trades need to be made for this team to make any sort of headway. Both Dwight and Pau need to go and while we are at it I would even trade Nash. This entire experiment was a complete and utter bust and someone is going to have to eat crow.

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,528 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:52 PM

A healthy Dwight Howard is at worst the 1B of this team. If you think otherwise time to watch a different sport or you've never watched a healthy Dwight Howard before
Posted Image

#37 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:06 PM

A healthy Dwight Howard is at worst the 1B of this team. If you think otherwise time to watch a different sport or you've never watched a healthy Dwight Howard before

Having a chance to watch him in most games he has played in against or for the Lakers I can say he has definitely lost a step. I can also say he has horrible hands, little to no back to the basket game and Could not hit a free throw if you put a gun to his head. After watching him as a member of this team I also noticed a few things I never really took note of when he played for Orlando. He cannot really command a double team and it is really not that hard to keep him out of the paint as long as you have fresh bodies with ample fouls to hand out. He has less than half the offensive game that Bynum possessed but at least he is currently on the court and wont miss a lot of games due to injury.... wait.

Edited to add: He is definitely a locker room cancer and argues with the refs entirely to much to be getting paid the amount of money he is getting to PLAY the damn game.

Edited by viktorkain, January 23, 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#38 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM

I think he will get back a lot of his explosiveness after a full year. It sounds like the disk problem was hitting some nerve roots, and it takes a while for those to really recover (see Peyton Manning). I don't think he could put that sticker on the backboard as high as he did in the dunk contest. A year from now, I think he'll have confidence in his legs back, and have fully recovered.

If they trade him, I believe it's because he tells them straight up that he won't re-sign here (possibly with conditions, e.g. he won't re-sign if D'Antoni is still here). It's as much about how D'Antoni doesn't coach defense as the offensive system.

#39 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,945 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 24, 2013 - 01:33 AM

This X 10000.

Dwight has been bad at times, but he isn't close to the Lakers problem. He's been the best Lakers besides Kobe and he isn't 100 percent and playing in an offense that is horrible for him.

My opinion won't change of him if he leaves. I like Dwight. I did before he was a Laker and I like him now that he's on my favorite team. It would suck that my jersey would be a wasted purchase but oh well. I wouldn't blame him if he left with how crazy this crap has been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users