Photo

If Dwight really gets traded this season , what would your thoughts be on him for the future ?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 06:42 AM

When Dwight came to LA in August I was one of the most happiest fans in the world. Not only did Buss bring a great, all-star center to LA to team up with Kobe, no he also brought in one of my favourite charakters in NBA Basketball. The happy guy, the funny one, a guy who is good for team chemistry and is a dominant force under the basket.

Right now as we all known through the sources and rumours, Dwight can be traded in 3-4 weeks, which gives him just a half year as a Laker...

In my opinion this makes me kind of thoughtful and sad about the whole situation! Bringing a SUPERSTAR to LA is a thing which is based on long term future! So in case with Dwight, he was brought in to STAY and not to be made unhappy in his role!

Now it looks obvious to me, that he is unhappy on the court. But who knows what there is off the court? Maybe he has so much love for the city? Who knows that? Who tells us that Brooklyn was his primarly choice ?

So, would you be sad if Dwight gets traded and all the jerseys you bought, the shirts and the championship dreams are over right? Dwight is then just a shameful topic in Lakers history, if he gets traded after just 5 months...right ?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 06:50 AM

No, I would not be sad at all, if he gets traded it will be cause he sucks and we need better players to become an elite team again. I'd rather have a 14p-8r, 12-million player who contributes to create a winning, tough contender than those empty stats from Howard.

Edited by Nak, January 23, 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:07 AM

U mean role guys like Paul George, Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, Demar DeRozan, Tony Allen etc. who are dedicated, right ??

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:14 AM

If D12 thinks his name & image took a hit this summer wait till next summer if he gets traded & LA makes palyoffs without him!

Now I dont think he is going anywhere but things would get ugly for him if he did.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,250 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I wouldn't be mad at him, nor would I think any less of him.. I hate the way MD isn't using him.... He needs to just do what he's doing, minus the butter hands
Posted Image

#6 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:32 AM

I've always said this and will repeat it. Lakers are not trading Howard that's for sure. If Howard walks in the offseason his image will take a huge hit more than Orlando. You don't leave one of the most iconic franchises in the world for another team you just don't do it.

If he does go out by trade which I said he won't anyways then no one will care becAuse lakers made the decision to do it. Also we ain't getting a good equal trade for him. We would get absolutely mangled in a trade and lakers would rather take that risk this offseason

P.s we ain't making the playoffs
Laker fan for life.

#7 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 07:54 AM

U mean role guys like Paul George, Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, Demar DeRozan, Tony Allen etc. who are dedicated, right ??

Paul George isn't a role player.

#8 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:11 AM

I've always said this and will repeat it. Lakers are not trading Howard that's for sure. If Howard walks in the offseason his image will take a huge hit more than Orlando. You don't leave one of the most iconic franchises in the world for another team you just don't do it.

If he does go out by trade which I said he won't anyways then no one will care becAuse lakers made the decision to do it. Also we ain't getting a good equal trade for him. We would get absolutely mangled in a trade and lakers would rather take that risk this offseason

P.s we ain't making the playoffs

Players usually do whats best for them.
So if Howard thinks he would be better off with another team, he'll walk, he could care less what his image looks like considering what it has already become since his Orlando days.

Only chance we have in keeping Howard if we dont trade him is if we pay max for this overrated dude and he stays for the money.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#9 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:14 AM

Worst case scenario where D12 flat out tells LA in next couple days Im not re-signing no matter what:

Trade D12 to Blazers for Lamarcus & Matthews.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#10 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,251 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:49 AM

I would love if DeMar DeRozan became a Laker and Kobe mentored him.

#11 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts
  • Name:Reid Ponce
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm all for trading Dwight. This Diva is gonna get every coach not named Phil Jackson fired. F for Effort.

#12 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Howard won't go.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#13 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,933 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:18 AM

Have to see how it all shakes down before I decide.

Right now, as frustrating as he is, I am sympathetic to a few things, including the back surgery, and the coaching change.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#14 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:19 AM

His back shouldn't affect his attitude. and effort. There is something wrong with this guy.

Have to see how it all shakes down before I decide.

Right now, as frustrating as he is, I am sympathetic to a few things, including the back surgery, and the coaching change.

#15 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:34 AM

I would be shocked if he is traded.

Posted Image

#16 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,874 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:39 AM

I see that Lakers fans are the same. They really think guys like Drew and Howard and Kobe don't do things on the court because they are "Lazy"

Most of us could hang in one NBA practice, let alone a game of running up and down the court at the speed in which these guys do.

And DEAL with serious injuries and bumps and bruises.

Effort is NOT the concept of what is wrong.

#17 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:41 AM

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

I see that Lakers fans are the same. They really think guys like Drew and Howard and Kobe don't do things on the court because they are "Lazy"

Most of us could hang in one NBA practice, let alone a game of running up and down the court at the speed in which these guys do.

And DEAL with serious injuries and bumps and bruises.

Effort is NOT the concept of what is wrong.

#18 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:44 AM

It's gonna suck when Dwight walks away from us this summer.
Posted Image

#19 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:49 AM

I'm all for trading Dwight. This Diva is gonna get every coach not named Phil Jackson fired. F for Effort.

Hope he's working on that right now!!! :thumsbup:
Posted Image

#20 viision11

viision11

Off The Bench

• 1,604 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Totally. And when Phil retires we are back to square one. Dwights way or the highway.

Hope he's working on that right now!!! :thumsbup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users