Photo

Worthy On How Teams Are Fronting Laker Bigs In The Post

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• 38,578 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:12 AM

Big Game James Worthy and Coach Dave Miller demonstrate the way teams are fronting the Lakers centers in the post.

Edited by    , January 23, 2013 - 12:13 AM.

yo.

#2 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,711 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:14 AM

I was gonna make a thread about this. This is why Dwight doesn't get a lot of "touches"

#3 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 3,762 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:17 AM

Should be elementary, better than just waiting around for Dwight to try to fight it for 10 seconds.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 14,983 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:21 AM

My high school team use to run something like that but it had the ball go to the opposite wing. and I would seal the inside when they fronted. Then opposite side would find me wide open on the opposite block. It's actually way more open than you would think. Then when teams would learn and stop fronting I would set a screen on my block and get a man on my side on the wing wide open for a 3. That offense was one game away from a CIF championship too.

The high post action is interesting but when ever we try that an player would get back to double dwight pretty quickly because they werent worried about pau's jumper anymore. Pau losing that mid range jumper pretty much nulled out his passing game

#5 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,711 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:22 AM

The way to fix this is to make sure the ball gets from one side of the floor to the other than you can enter the ball into post fairly easily. Also I think the first 3-5 plays should be given to Howard right out the gate to get him more active on both sides of the floor. We all know how Dwight plays when he gets the ball in the right places

• 38,578 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:23 AM

The high post action is interesting but when ever we try that an player would get back to double dwight pretty quickly because they werent worried about pau's jumper anymore. Pau losing that mid range jumper pretty much nulled out his passing game

Yeah, if only we had Aldridge. Pretty confident he would knock those down much more frequently & consistently.

yo.

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 14,983 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:27 AM

Yeah, if only we had Aldridge. Pretty confident he would knock those down much more frequently & consistently.

Yea LA would be perfect with dwight. People need to remember that you dont need 3 point shooters necessarily but just some mid range one so dwight isn't being double teamed every time were on offense

#8 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:04 AM

he shot the ball with so much confidence @ 1:27 :facepalm:

#9 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:05 AM

My high school team use to run something like that but it had the ball go to the opposite wing. and I would seal the inside when they fronted. Then opposite side would find me wide open on the opposite block. It's actually way more open than you would think. Then when teams would learn and stop fronting I would set a screen on my block and get a man on my side on the wing wide open for a 3. That offense was one game away from a CIF championship too.

we tried to do this against MIA's "crazy defense" but we were a split second too late on looking inside. we will get better at this

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,941 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:28 AM

this is pointless video cuz they dont touch on why D12 is easily being double & tripled team forcing all the uncalled fouls & or turnovers.

The corner person spotted up in corner 3 area trying to feed the post is the problem for D12. Lakers need to clear out corner completely & allow some1 from top side of 3 feed D12 & let him work 1 on1 instead of clogging everything up for him.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,796 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 23, 2013 - 12:12 PM

Too bad the lakers don't swing the ball around

• 38,578 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Wouldn't shock me if the Lakers don't even practice basic fundamentals like this, not with D'Antoni at the helm.

yo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users