181 replies to this topic

#101 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 24, 2013 - 07:54 AM

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in coming to the Lakers if it means playing with Kobe. As great as he is, he isn't easy to play with. We're all talking about not letting Dwight walk but if Dwight walks AND you trade Gasol, the immediate cap space could be huge. However, if we take on some mediocre pieces for Dwight with long term contracts, Kobe will never see 6. I think the key to all this is finding a way for Kobe to be on the court for only 32 or 33 minutes per game. That will give those that claims he shoots too much 15 minutes or so without him and gives them time to prove themselves. I watched the game against Memphis and it was crazy how Kobe's teammates would stand completely still once Kobe got the ball. It was BANANAS!!

Just stop! If any player doesnt want to win = there is no reason for them to be a LAker. Kobe doesnt have the negative effect you claim otherwise his other peers would have the better careers & accomplishments. The best teammate & Superstar who is willing to defer at all times = Duncan still cant say he is better than Kobe. If you put the right pieces Kobe is effective just like MJ was (except Kobe doesnt have ref assistance like MJ did) in bringing in TItles.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#102 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,082 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 24, 2013 - 07:54 AM

Pau Gasol has been a problem before MDA even got here.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#103 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Great, get rid of him and get some pieces back before he walks end of the year and you get nothing. Hes putting up Bynum numbers, big deal. Won 2 rings with Pau, havent won crap with Dwight and hes never won anything either. His game is garbage, see ya.

#104 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 24, 2013 - 11:14 PM

Love the over emotional fans on here.

#105 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 24, 2013 - 11:26 PM

The Lakers should try to pool all their resources to try to get a superstar in return, whether that would take adding on Pau, Nash, or even Kobe along with Dwight. That's still a longshot though.

Posted Image

#106 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,851 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 24, 2013 - 11:32 PM

Emotion is one thing. Delusion is another.

Pau won ZERO playoff games with a high character, mid talent team. BTW, Shaq won zero Finals game with a more talented team than Dwight had.

So let's stop right there with the Dwight "hasn't won a ring" stuff. Kobe is still on the TEAM. He has the character to win, right?
So even if Dwight doesn't, he doesn't have to be the one who has it.

Pau was Kobe's SIDEKICK. He didn't score much in the post. He averaged 20 points and most of those were a mix of offensive rebound tip in and catch and shoot/dunks. He has a lot of post moves, but can also get pushed off the post with ease.

#107 Rad

Rad

• 1,628 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Great, get rid of him and get some pieces back before he walks end of the year and you get nothing.

He won't be walking.

#108 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 25, 2013 - 12:17 AM

Wow can't believe how many people want dwight gone. Its hard for me to believe I spent all that time int he summer reading rumors waiting all summer hoping for the update that we got him. People need to calm down and just give it another year.

#109 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,767 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:06 AM

Wow can't believe how many people want dwight gone. Its hard for me to believe I spent all that time int he summer reading rumors waiting all summer hoping for the update that we got him. People need to calm down and just give it another year.

Tell me about that ! I'd see a reason to trade him if we are winning games and he is the guy now. Build around kobe and howard for the next two years, its an opportunity to maximize that unless Jim decides rehire Brown.

#110 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:11 AM

Here's the thing, there are currently two sets of fans when it comes to getting rid of Howard:

- The fans that are worried about him walking so they are saying trade him and get a good package for him moving forward so we aren't left with nothing.

- The fans that say "Dwight Howard is garbage" so lets trade him or "I hope he walks" comments.

You know which ones you can take seriously and the ones you can't.

#111 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,767 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:31 AM

Here's the thing, there are currently two sets of fans when it comes to getting rid of Howard:

- The fans that are worried about him walking so they are saying trade him and get a good package for him moving forward so we aren't left with nothing.

- The fans that say "Dwight Howard is garbage" so lets trade him or "I hope he walks" comments.

The thing is, there isn't any.

Kevin Love would be a possibility in a three way trade, but id take Howard over him.

#112 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 01:40 AM

The thing is, there isn't any.

Kevin Love would be a possibility in a three way trade, but id take Howard over him.

"There isn't any" is pure speculation.

Truth is that we as fans can only assume there are no packages out there or come up with ideas on what we think would be good packages.

We don't know what's been offered to the Lakers for Dwight. We can use common sense and rule out players like Durant, Lebron, etc but that doesn't mean there isn't a good offer out there.

#113 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,248 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 25, 2013 - 03:06 AM

honestly...

i would take love over howard...

i HATE howard...
all he does is smile...

trade howard for love.. even with love hurt, let pau be Center...

Edited by TKainZero, January 25, 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#114 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:54 AM

honestly...

i would take love over howard...

i HATE howard...
all he does is smile...

trade howard for love.. even with love hurt, let pau be Center...

Totally agree. I cant stand that guy. Who the hell does he think he is. In 3 seasons it's been the "Dwightmare" and it continues. If there is a K-Love deal to be had (via Brooklyn) i think they should pull the trigger.

#115 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,082 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 25, 2013 - 06:56 AM

I think there's a handful of people who are bitter over trading Andrew Bynum.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#116 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 25, 2013 - 07:34 AM

I think many comments are out of frustration and i highly doubt anyone would want him to walk. But there are issues with the dude. Issues that have been there for the past 3 years. Dwight's passive-aggressive behaviour, immaturity and lack of killer-instinct is obviously areas that should be considered before he is given the keys to the organization going forward.

I dont think Howard will ever be a top-10 C all-time. Not if he wants to be "the man" on both ends of the floor. But if he were to embrace his defensive capabilities he could go down as one of the best defenders of all time.

At this point, i'm not really sure what i think the Front office should do. If they somehow can get it to work within the next few games and make a push. Fine. If not, i'd trade him. The only thing i know is that I would never allow him to walk for nothing.

#117 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:12 AM

I would easily take Love over Dwight too. Dwights defense is a joke. How many times does some scrub just walk right thru the paint and dunk or layup with Dwight standing there like a confused idiot? At least 10-12 times a game. How many times does Dwight turn it over trying to make a post move? Hes missing point blank shots too. Hes garbage, Earl Clark has a better game. Bynum would be a huge upgrade at this point.

Edited by 211275, January 25, 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#118 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:13 AM

I would easily take Love over Dwight too. Dwights defense is a joke. How many times does some scrub just walk right thru the paint and dunk or layup with Dwight standing there like a confused idiot? At least 10-12 times a game. How many times does Dwight turn it over trying to make a post move? Hes missing point blank shots too. Hes garbage. Bynum would be a huge upgrade at this point.

Mods can we just disallow people to post who clearly know nothing about basketball

Thank you in advance
Posted Image

#119 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:18 AM

Mods can we just disallow people to post who clearly know nothing about basketball

Thank you in advance

Why? Because I disagree with you? Larry Sanders, serge Ibaka and older than dirt Tim Duncan are averaging more blocks than Dwight, the supposed best big man in the NBA. Ibaka and Duncan arent even centers. Just let that sink in for a minute.

#120 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted January 25, 2013 - 09:23 AM

Why? Because I disagree with you? Larry Sanders, serge Ibaka and older than dirt Tim Duncan are averaging more blocks than Dwight, the supposed best big man in the NBA. Ibaka and Duncan arent even centers. Just let that sink in for a minute.

No. Because you have no clue what you are talking about. And when defense becomes just about blocks and steals let me know.
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users