181 replies to this topic

#61 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 5,432 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:06 PM

lol don't we have full cap if Dwight leaves for 2014?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#62 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,969 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:10 PM

One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but Howard refused to speak up.

http://espn.go.com/l...-air-grievances

It seems the media is trying to blow this team up, mby chemistry is totally shot.

Edited by Chad, January 23, 2013 - 10:13 PM.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

• 39,367 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:11 PM

^ Yeah, saw that. Guessing it was MWP. Would make sense in several ways.

yo.

#64 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:11 PM

The only offers I'd listen to( and this is all assuming Dwight said he won't resign) are Portland (Aldridge and Matthews), Boston (rondo), Sacramento (cousins and tyreke)

Assuming those were offered I'd listen.

But if Howard indicates he's more likely returning I wouldn't even pick up the phones. Dwight with a full offseason will be back to himself or close as he's going to get. That player is a franchise player

Man Sacramento has been trying to get rid of Cousins and Tyreke for a while but the move to Seattle put that on hold. I would definitely pull the trigger on a Dwight for Tyreke and Cousins deal but there would have to be a lot more involved I think Cousins only makes 3.4 and Tyreke is around 6 if memory serves.

Edited to add: http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=ar3fet9

Just fooled around with the trade machine and I was right the Salaries are heavily skewed because Tyreke and Cousins are making peanuts. I added junk into the trade just to make them match up I figure whoever takes Howard also has to take Duhon.... Period.

Edited by viktorkain, January 23, 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#65 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,988 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:13 PM

People keep forgetting that there are not going to be many suitors for a few month rental in Dwight. Only teams I see taking that chance are Atlanta, Brooklyn and Dallas.

Lakers would essentially need to get a third team involved if they wanted something of value in return.

#66 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:13 PM

I honestly wanna trade Dwight. At first I was against the idea but this dude can hardly stay healthy anymore, and hasn't look like [expletive] all year long. He was talking about how today he needs to dominate and it starts with the game tonight, and he came out and laid an egg. I don't think he's fit for a team like this... We can get some nice ass pieces for trading him too.
Posted Image

#67 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,420 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:23 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...-air-grievances

It seems the media is trying to blow this team up, mby chemistry is totally shot.

Speechless .. the players have to go for a dinner to talk about it , then maybe a trip to Hawai for couple of days .. They need time together, good times together. Wow what a waste of talent..

#68 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,369 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:30 PM

People keep forgetting that there are not going to be many suitors for a few month rental in Dwight. Only teams I see taking that chance are Atlanta, Brooklyn and Dallas.

Lakers would essentially need to get a third team involved if they wanted something of value in return.

Seattle may have a shot. Assuming he had to be traded he'd have to look around at the nba landscape. Boston is no different than Dallas. Seattle no different than Atlanta, and Portland with batum and lillard are a great spot. Probably even better than the lakers or nets

Having said that I don't think the lakers trade him. Unless they trade him for aldridge they pretty much close the door on the Kobe era while shutting the door on the next era as well by trading dwight
Posted Image

#69 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:35 PM

If for whatever reason the Lakers insist on keeping D'Antoni and the deal with Brooklyn/Minnesota where the Lakers give up Dwight to get Love is available, I would do it. This season is done. Even if they get into the playoffs, they aren't winning a championship. Dwight it injured, again, just as much as Love is injured. But Love wants to be in LA while I'm not sure about Dwight.

I think if they get rid of D'Antoni, not because Dwight doesn't like his system but because his system sucks and won't win a championship, they should also at least ask Dwight, behind closed doors, does he want to be in Brooklyn. A trade of Dwight for Love is better than any sign and trade they might get.

I wouldn't trade Dwight for Tyreke/Cousins, Bledsoe/Jordan, or whoever else that is a longer term deal. The only people I would take back as a long term deal (beyond next season) are guys like Lebron, KD, Westbrook, Paul, Rose, etc. Love is right on the border, but I think makes the cut. No-doubt max players for whom you would sacrifice cap space.

#70 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,458 posts
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:40 PM

Anyone like this trade?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=aspwsxg

with his trade value at an all time low i doubt we would get that much for dwight
Posted Image

• 39,367 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:45 PM

Here's Ramona in the physical:

yo.

#72 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,428 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:51 PM

Anyone like this trade?

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=aspwsxg

The Lakers would lose 5 wins on the season? Is that possible?

#73 MiguelSanchez

MiguelSanchez

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Mike Penberthy

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:21 PM

with his trade value at an all time low i doubt we would get that much for dwight

I'd probably do it, again only if the Lakers insist on not getting rid of D'Antoni AND Dwight insists that he doesnt want to be here and will take less money to go to Dallas (no state tax helps offset things, as we saw in Miami). I don't know if Minnesota would though.

Edited by MiguelSanchez, January 23, 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#74 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:37 PM

Again, I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Dwight.

But, if you're going to pick up the phone and do it, make the call to Atlanta before anyone else. Ask for Al Horford and Kyle Korver. If Atlanta feels they are certainly going to lose Josh Smith to a team that lands his friend, Dwight Howard...they will consider making a trade for Dwight, so they don't lose Smith AND a chance at Howard if they were to both go to Dallas this offseason.

If it's declined, call Boston and see if they are willing to trade Rondo. Doesn't matter who else they want to include. If we get Rondo for Howard, it's a win for us.

No to Love, who is struggling to stay healthy and doesn't play defense. No to Lopez, who is basically Pau Gasol with less rebounding and passing skills, and more scoring. No to Nowitzki, who is near retirement. A "hell no" to Bargnani, who Toronto would trade to us for Jordan Hill simply because he's worthless on offense and a super-matador on defense.

Also, I'm not a fan of Cousins, at all. The dude is an idiot, and he has no idea how to play with his Bynum-like frame. He takes jumpers, never passes, thinks he's a small forward, and is an average defender at best. Tyreke Evans can't find a position on the court, had one impressive season and fizzled out. Those two are horrible together in Sactown...having Kobe and an old Nash wouldn't turn the Kings into contenders.

#75 K-Kris

K-Kris

Forum Browser

• 614 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:1.Kobe 2.Magic 3.Kareem 4.Shaq

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Rondo 4 Dwight.... interesting. Im definitely open for that.... lol
Posted Image
PSN = K-Kris

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,988 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:42 PM

Again, I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Dwight.

But, if you're going to pick up the phone and do it, make the call to Atlanta before anyone else. Ask for Al Horford and Kyle Korver. If Atlanta feels they are certainly going to lose Josh Smith to a team that lands his friend, Dwight Howard...they will consider making a trade for Dwight, so they don't lose Smith AND a chance at Howard if they were to both go to Dallas this offseason.

If it's declined, call Boston and see if they are willing to trade Rondo. Doesn't matter who else they want to include. If we get Rondo for Howard, it's a win for us.

No to Love, who is struggling to stay healthy and doesn't play defense. No to Lopez, who is basically Pau Gasol with less rebounding and passing skills, and more scoring. No to Nowitzki, who is near retirement. A "hell no" to Bargnani, who Toronto would trade to us for Jordan Hill simply because he's worthless on offense and a super-matador on defense.

Also, I'm not a fan of Cousins, at all. The dude is an idiot, and he has no idea how to play with his Bynum-like frame. He takes jumpers, never passes, thinks he's a small forward, and is an average defender at best. Tyreke Evans can't find a position on the court, had one impressive season and fizzled out. Those two are horrible together in Sactown...having Kobe and an old Nash wouldn't turn the Kings into contenders.

#77 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:55 PM

For people who want to trade Dwight, what's the plan there? Just curious. Are getting secondary players to try to carry the Lakers in the future really that important?

I doubt they would be able to lure a primary player to LA, so it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Posted Image

#78 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 5,630 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'll be so freakin happy if we can get my fav PG here.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#79 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,988 posts

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think if you trade Dwight, there has to be a criteria of what you get back:

- A young player that can make an impact right away

- At least 1 first round draft pick for 2013 and 1 for the future if you can get it

- A role player or two

-------

To me that's the only way you trade Dwight, you gotta get a package that's worth while.

The Atlanta scenario RD brought up is intriguing but I wonder if you can get Boston in on that to take Horford and somehow the Lakers get Rondo.

The front office needs to sit down with Dwight and his people to get a sense where his mindset is at. The Lakers are stuck now exactly like Orlando last season. Get something for Dwight or risk losing him elsewhere for nothing, then you are stuck with still being over the cap and no money to spend till the following season.

More than anything if you do trade Dwight, trade him back to the Eastern Conference.

#80 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 770 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 24, 2013 - 12:20 AM

Ugh this is a mess.

Bringing Boston into the mix with Atl would be interesting though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users