#42 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:39 AM

To be fair gasol was probably benche for performance more than anything

That's really debatable.

He hasn't been performing well but that's being out of his natural position so you expect a drop off. D'Antoni wants to be quicker on the court so instead of adjusting the offense to put two players in the post, he benched Gasol so he could play the 5 from there.

I don't care that Gasol was benched, my concern is that D'Antoni has showed an unwillingness to change his system so he changes the personnel instead.

I wouldn't have that concern if this team was playing defense and our offense was holding us back, but its a group of things that is holding this team back so I don't think it's fair that D'Antoni basically said with his moves "Well the problem is Gasol in the starting lineup".

As a coach you need to put your players in position to succeed. It's the same issue I had with Brown.

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:04 AM

I agree that d'antoni is making several mistakes but gasol has been underperforming for 3 seasons with 3 different coaches. One being Phil Jackson running the same offense pau was special in

At some point it's on pau. D'antoni deserves blame for a lot of things but paus struggles are not one of them IMO
Posted Image

#44 Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson

Rookie

• 158 posts
  • Name:Phil Jackson
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ramon Shellburn is a tool. She thought she was so cool because she did an interview with Jimbo Buss right before they fired Mike Brown and he went on record to say they supported him and she ran with it proclaiming that Mike Brown's job was still safe. The next day they fired his potato ass.

Shelburn is on the same level as Chris Broussard

Posted Image

Edited by Phil Jackson, January 23, 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#45 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 11:15 AM

I agree that d'antoni is making several mistakes but gasol has been underperforming for 3 seasons with 3 different coaches. One being Phil Jackson running the same offense pau was special in

At some point it's on pau. D'antoni deserves blame for a lot of things but paus struggles are not one of them IMO

Well Pau's struggles can be partly blamed to D'Antoni because the system plays the PF differently then what he is used to. It did start with Mike Brown because Pau could now play away from the basket and shoot the ball, but there were still plenty of times where he was in the post.

With D'Antoni, the PF in his system is a stretch 4 which doesn't play in the post. Now there have been times where Gasol has been in the post and he's not agressive, I'd say that happens more times than not and thats completely on him.

Again, I believe coaches should put players in position to succeed. The problem I have with Gasol is that he is [expletive]ing about it which is affecting his play. Just go out and play. The struggles aren't completely on Pau, but he plays a part in it as D'Antoni does.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,368 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 23, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yes, D'antoni ran Gasol with the bench unit as a 5 to get him post touches. Remember Pau's first game coming off the bench? The first shot he took...was a 3 pointer...while playing center..

Its ALWAYS been on Pau.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#47 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,401 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:04 PM

Pau couldn't adjust to the system. Trading Pau means coach is staying and the opposite is correct.

If he's really asking for a trade because of the second unit thing, its just to secure a starting position if traded.

wow, nothing is going right, I understand waiting is the best solution to see how things work, but they are in a position of making a decision now..

If pau was traded for the sake of the system and Howard walks away , we'd be in a serious trouble next year.

Pau stays, Antoni wont get him back to starting line-up unless he's adjusting his style.

We'll wait and see

#48 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,908 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2013 - 04:09 PM

She may not BS but it doesn't validate the story. Dwight isn't gonna be on the trading block before Gasol. Mitch has every intention of building around Dwight years from now. So she may not be BSing but Pau is gone way before Dwight.

Is that why they hired Danoti? Seems like a very center friendly coach.

#49 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 08:57 PM

According to Chris Broussard, the Clippers would offer DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe for Dwight Howard.

Although that is slightly intriguing, I don't see the Lakers giving Howard to the Clippers to pair him with CP3 and that's not enough for Dwight.

Personally, if it came down to trading Howard which i'm still iffy on, I wonder if Boston would be interested in players like Brook Lopez/Marshon Brooks + other assets and send Rondo to us. Just an idea. If we are going to compete in today's NBA, we need an elite point guard. That's where we need to start off.

#50 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,944 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:02 PM

Dwight would be booed so bad at Clippers Vs Lakers games if that happened.

And the Clippers get Dwight, and CP3....That was supposed to be us...

Edited by Chad, January 23, 2013 - 09:12 PM.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#51 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dwight to LAC would be a bad move.

Can't do that.

#52 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 690 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:13 PM

LAC would have to give us BG + Bledsoe and someone else for me to even consider it. Nash Kobe MWP Griffin Pau with Bledsoe someone like Crawford Clark and Hill off the bench isnt terrible
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#53 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:13 PM

According to Chris Broussard, the Clippers would offer DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledsoe for Dwight Howard.

Although that is slightly intriguing, I don't see the Lakers giving Howard to the Clippers to pair him with CP3 and that's not enough for Dwight.

Personally, if it came down to trading Howard which i'm still iffy on, I wonder if Boston would be interested in players like Brook Lopez/Marshon Brooks + other assets and send Rondo to us. Just an idea. If we are going to compete in today's NBA, we need an elite point guard. That's where we need to start off.

No you don't.

#54 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:49 PM

Lol deandre Jordan and Bledsoe isn't even intriguing. Hell it's not even the least bit. That's a horrible offer. I wouldn't take that even if the raptors offered it. A mediocre center (who they tried to trade for varejo) and an energy PG

Lol lets be real here, that offer is laughable, worse than the nets offer
Posted Image

#55 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,907 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Lol deandre Jordan and Bledsoe isn't even intriguing. Hell it's not even the least bit. That's a horrible offer. I wouldn't take that even if the raptors offered it. A mediocre center (who they tried to trade for varejo) and an energy PG

Lol lets be real here, that offer is laughable, worse than the nets offer

Yeah you're right when you put it that way. This losing has my head spinning lol

#56 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:54 PM

LAC would have to give us BG + Bledsoe and someone else for me to even consider it. Nash Kobe MWP Griffin Pau with Bledsoe someone like Crawford Clark and Hill off the bench isnt terrible

Thats a whole lot more than the Lakers gave up to acquire Howard. You seem to think he's worth more now after watching him play 30 games?

#57 viktorkain

viktorkain

Rookie

• 365 posts
  • Name:Viktor Kain
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:55 PM

Trading Dwight Howard is not a bad move at this point especially seeing as we WOULD lose him for nothing this summer. Best bet send him to Brooklyn and use Minnesota as a third team to get us K love.

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:57 PM

The only offers I'd listen to( and this is all assuming Dwight said he won't resign) are Portland (Aldridge and Matthews), Boston (rondo), Sacramento (cousins and tyreke)

Assuming those were offered I'd listen.

But if Howard indicates he's more likely returning I wouldn't even pick up the phones. Dwight with a full offseason will be back to himself or close as he's going to get. That player is a franchise player
Posted Image

#59 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Off The Bench

• 1,524 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted January 23, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Trading Dwight Howard is not a bad move at this point especially seeing as we WOULD lose him for nothing this summer. Best bet send him to Brooklyn and use Minnesota as a third team to get us K love.

Not seeing it. Odds are he signs here, but its always possible he walks. Biggest reasons he may walk:
1. MDA
2. Wants to play in his home town
3. Cant get along with Kobe
4. Senses that Lakers are screwed because of old roster, bloated payroll and no draft picks

Biggest reasons he stays
1. The money
2. The money
3. The money

#60 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted January 23, 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thats a whole lot more than the Lakers gave up to acquire Howard. You seem to think he's worth more now after watching him play 30 games?

A trade is bad way of evaluating a player's value. Remove the trade demand and add years on his contract and the Magic receive much better offers. With that said, the Lakers have no shot of getting anything of equal value for Howard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users