Photo

Steve Nash vows to continue his scoring spree

I want to shoot more

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:35 PM

Steve Nash scored a season-high 18 points against CHI and vowed to score more going forward to an extent ...
"I’m definitely prepared to be aggressive and score," said Nash, whose 10.8 points per game average is his lowest since the 1999-00 season when he was just a part-time starter in Dallas. "I think a lot of times this year, especially as we're trying to figure it out, teams just say, 'OK, we're going to trap his pick-and-rolls.' We got to try to make them pay in 2-on-1s and 3-on-2s elsewhere when I get rid of it in the pick-and-roll.

"Tonight they weren't trapping and I could find some openings and create some shots for myself. I'm willing to do that, but it's not going to be an every night thing as a point guard, especially the way our offense is. It's going to depend on how they play the pick-and-roll and making them pay for whatever they decide."

Nash tied his previous season high with 16 points on Sunday against Toronto, however, so it appears he's ready to shoulder more of the load even if it goes against his natural point guard instincts.

This is needed, we just need him using Kobe and Dwight as tools to set up some more of his shots.

But it seems Nash is WILLING to change his style of play for the good of the team.

It's now up to Dwight to change his. By that I mean, instead of looking to score from the double teams of his team mates, he should be looking to initiate the scoring via his passing.

He has Kobe and Nash around him. Yet he wants to attack in the post and neglect pick and roll.

He should be picking and rolling at times with Nash, but he should ALSO be having the ball in the post, not looking to score only but looking to pass off to Nash or Kobe who will be open when the double teams come. Rather than looking for Kobe and Nash to set him up out of their double teams.

But all and all It's nice to see Nash willing to change for the good of the team.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:42 PM

YES

This is what I want. I want an aggressive Nash. He needs to make his presence known.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,380 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:54 PM

Learn to play a little defense or FO.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#4 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 536 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Learn to play a little defense or FO.

lol.. dude he's 38. That ship has sailed. I would love to see Nash taking charge and scoring some more though.

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:02 PM

If we can score the first five minutes and get at least 15 on the board we can win any game.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,054 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:05 PM

Nash averaging 15 10 from here on out WOULD be nice. Heck using kobe or dwight as a decoy nets him 3 wide open threes out of the gate. Which he should make. That's 9.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#7 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,044 posts

Willingness is not enough. at 38 you cant produce at a level that can bail this team. it has to be a collective effort and production, i like the nash/kobe/mwp/clark/ howard line-up ,, but back court is old, and who we have on the bench to take the burden off them ? Jamison , meeks .. Those are the only backups we have , and yet they aren't producing as we thought they would ..

Bench against Bulls ( 17 points gasol(15) , Jamison (2) )

Raptors ( 22 points Clark(14) jamison( 5) , duhon and morris 3 ) 3 points in 16 minutes !!

Miami 2 bench players scored 24 !! rest are zero .. and the list goes on and on ..

Bernie coach.

trade duhon ,ebanks and Sacre(maybe they wont trade him if gasol and/or Howard got injured) for ariza if its even possible.

get Glock back ..

MWP and gasol bench to go with ariza , Glock and blake.

Start Meeks.

I don't know else way to get something out of the bench. Barbosa would've been helpful !!

#8 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

If we can score the first five minutes and get at least 15 on the board we can win any game.

I second this. If this team can get out to a good start going through Howard, he will be there the whole game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users