#21 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:45 AM

Include MarShon Brooks, w/ some first round draft picks and you got a deal.

#22 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Not even the Wizards fans talk like this when they are a pathetic team almost every season. You don't see them talking about trading John Wall for Kemba Walker.

I'm shocked at the things that are being posted.

as far as the rumor what do you think

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Not even the Wizards fans talk like this when they are a pathetic team almost every season. You don't see them talking about trading John Wall for Kemba Walker.

Especially when Howard has nowhere to go. Besides Howard walking is better than taking that awful nets deal
Posted Image

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Include MarShon Brooks, w/ some first round draft picks and you got a deal.

Yes because a no defense center, late picks and a bench player is great value for the leagues best center

Sounds reasonable
Posted Image

#25 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Running out of patience for Dwight. Besides, Atlanta might get him during free agency to pair him up with his BFF (getting Dwight will most likely convince Smith to stay) , and that leaves the Lakers nothing.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#26 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Pau would finally be playing in the low block. Defense would be an issue, but what Lakers need right now is offensive chemistry. And they can't have that with Dwight

Ugh.

Pau has had multiple chances to play on the low block, with AND without Dwight Howard in the game...and he chose not to. He refuses to do it when Howard is on the bench. He's not going to flip the switch, just because Dwight is gone.

And a lot of you act like you can't stick two guys on the low block. They don't have to be standing directly in it at the same time, but you can separate them by 10 feet and find success with a double post motion offense, but it's apparent that D'Antoni has no idea what that is.

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:47 AM

Running out of patience for Dwight. Besides, Atlanta might get him during free agency to pair him up with his BFF (getting Dwight will most likely convince Smith to stay) , and that leaves the Lakers nothing.

Running out of patience? It sounds to me like you're a bigger Nash and Gasol fan, actually, after reading a few of your posts. Dwight is putting up his career averages, and quite frankly, he's been the best center in the NBA since Yao Ming went down...easily.

#28 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yes because a no defense center, late picks and a bench player is great value for the leagues best center

Sounds reasonable

Best center? :laughing:
Lakers aren't getting Lopez? No reasonanle-minded Laker fan would want him and his contract here.

Running out of patience? It sounds to me like you're a bigger Nash and Gasol fan, actually, after reading a few of your posts. Dwight is putting up his career averages, and quite frankly, he's been the best center in the NBA since Yao Ming went down...easily.

Not this season.

Pau still sucks, though

Edited by alec613, January 22, 2013 - 08:54 AM.

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#29 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:50 AM

wow

Pau Gasol is GONE

#30 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,695 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:50 AM

Howard's first season in a Lakers uniform is halfway over and there are still more questions than answers.

Will Howard re-sign as a free agent at the end of the season? After a half-season of evidence, will the Lakers want to re-sign him and make him the face of the franchise moving forward once Bryant retires? Can this season possibly take a turn for the better? Or, maybe more aptly, can this season get any worse?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#31 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:53 AM

Sounds reasonable

OH RIGHT!! what we thinking...the best center in the world! A guy of his caliber deserve nothing but all stars in a trade!........ But wait a min...isn't that the problem?

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:55 AM

Not this season.

He is ranked #2 defensively, among all centers (Chandler #1 right now).

Also, he's one of just six players in NBA HISTORY that is putting up 17+ PPG, 12+ RPG, and shooting 58% or better from the floor (and he has done this five times in his career). Those other players are Wilt, Shaq, Barkley, Gilmore and Williams. He's doing that this season.

No big man is better than Dwight right now. None of them.

#33 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'll re-post what I posted in the "Steve Kerr Says Trade Dwight" thread.

You don't trade Dwight.

At the very worst, Dwight leaves and you're left with a chunk of money to spend on rebuilding the team in a different direction, or you start clearing room for 2014.

A fish rots from the head down. D'Antoni and this non-existent "system" everyone talks about needs to be the first thing to go. Yes, the Lakers would be paying two fired coaches, but that's the price you pay for making terrible coaching decisions, they know that.

Trading Dwight would be one of the worst knee-jerk reactions they could have to this abysmal season.

#34 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:58 AM

Are you guys seriously saying trade Dwight over Gasol? Gasol AND D'Antoni is the reason Dwight isn't able to operate in the post so well. No damn spacing at all. We need a stretch four that is not a liability on defense. We need an athletic wingman that can stretch the floor as well and also play defense. We need bench players that bring night in and night out. We have to many problems and we can't fix them all.

Edited by Ham, January 22, 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#35 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted January 22, 2013 - 08:59 AM

The missing piece is rondo it sounds crazy but I guarantee it

#36 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:00 AM

He is ranked #2 defensively, among all centers (Chandler #1 right now).

Also, he's one of just six players in NBA HISTORY that is putting up 17+ PPG, 12+ RPG, and shooting 58% or better from the floor (and he has done this five times in his career). Those other players are Wilt, Shaq, Barkley, Gilmore and Williams. He's doing that this season.

No big man is better than Dwight right now. None of them.

He has the numbers, but he isn't making much impact this season. He's still better than most, but there are plenty of centers who are playing better than him this season
I've taken to consideration his back injury. But I just don't think it's worth it to risk losing him for nothing

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#37 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:01 AM

If you could convince the Celtics to deal Rondo, that'd be great, but I think that ship has sailed.

They're leaning much more towards dealing Pierce at the moment.

#38 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:01 AM

The missing piece is rondo it sounds crazy but I guarantee it

No the missing peice is Brian Scalabrine aka. The White Mamba.

#39 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:06 AM

We keep Howard, but if there is a way to get Love here my ears are open, i've always wanted Love to be a Laker.

The North Remembers

#40 fido

fido

• 11,910 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 09:07 AM

With his injury, there probably is a way, but I don't know if other teams would be willing to help the Lakers so much right now, unless it's a majorly imbalanced deal.

The rest of the NBA is loving what is going on with the Lakers right now, loving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users