#2 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,524 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:05 AM

I honestly believe Kobe is implying that if he is fed up with the coaching staff and some roster pieces. "part of the process... just gotta stick with it".

I really like what Dwight had to say though, great post man.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

• 40,400 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 12:17 AM

^ Thanks, my pleasure.

yo.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,061 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:13 AM

All in one video, pretty cool:

Kobe seems to talk like he wants roster changes.

With Hill gone the only go to guy on our bench is Gasol right now. But what the bench needs is a defender if Ron is gonna start from here on out.

We need a defender on the court with Gasol and if he's coming off the bench then someone like Cunningham is a good player to get. When Jamison and Pau are on the court at the same time I weep in memory of defense. Amazingly tonight we got beat on the perimeter. I am guessing the pieces that go out if the front office is making moves are ouir overload of non contributing garbage time players or donut hole pplayers. Morris, Duhon Ebanks. I doubt Morris would agree to any trade as he doesn't want to leave his big brotherM but unloading Ebanks and Duhon for Cunningham I wouldn't mind. It gives us a hustle player on our bench which we need.

It's a very awkward predicament. If Clark starts he us the needed hustle guy for our starting lineup but then he won't be for our bench. If Gasol starts the offense becomes stagnent and our defense suffers. With our bench we have Gasol and Jamison. Two of the worst defenders at 4 and 5 and if Jamison's shot is off we're doomed. Losing Hill HURTs us a lot in that aspect. As him being the starting or bench 4 trading places with Earl Clark while Dwight and Pau come in and out for the 5 would have been great.

If I'm the Lakers and im not trading Gasol then I unload Duhon and Ebanks for Cunningham, stick him behind Gasol with the bench and pray Jamison can play the 3. It would at least get Meeks back in the rotation as obviously the reason he's sitting is because his defense has been terrible this year on the perimeter.

On paper Meeks is a good defender, or was considered as such before he came here.

Unload ebanks,duhon after Blake returns next week, get Cunningham. Won't fix everything but it will put another defender to clean up Pau's inefficiencies since Dwight will no longer be able to.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,753 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:19 AM

Wow I like the outfit of MWP ! :cool2:

33bkfif.jpg

#6 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 02:41 AM

Kobe seems to talk like he wants roster changes.

With Hill gone the only go to guy on our bench is Gasol right now. But what the bench needs is a defender if Ron is gonna start from here on out.

We need a defender on the court with Gasol and if he's coming off the bench then someone like Cunningham is a good player to get. When Jamison and Pau are on the court at the same time I weep in memory of defense. Amazingly tonight we got beat on the perimeter. I am guessing the pieces that go out if the front office is making moves are ouir overload of non contributing garbage time players or donut hole pplayers. Morris, Duhon Ebanks. I doubt Morris would agree to any trade as he doesn't want to leave his big brotherM but unloading Ebanks and Duhon for Cunningham I wouldn't mind. It gives us a hustle player on our bench which we need.

It's a very awkward predicament. If Clark starts he us the needed hustle guy for our starting lineup but then he won't be for our bench. If Gasol starts the offense becomes stagnent and our defense suffers. With our bench we have Gasol and Jamison. Two of the worst defenders at 4 and 5 and if Jamison's shot is off we're doomed. Losing Hill HURTs us a lot in that aspect. As him being the starting or bench 4 trading places with Earl Clark while Dwight and Pau come in and out for the 5 would have been great.

If I'm the Lakers and im not trading Gasol then I unload Duhon and Ebanks for Cunningham, stick him behind Gasol with the bench and pray Jamison can play the 3. It would at least get Meeks back in the rotation as obviously the reason he's sitting is because his defense has been terrible this year on the perimeter.

On paper Meeks is a good defender, or was considered as such before he came here.

Unload ebanks,duhon after Blake returns next week, get Cunningham. Won't fix everything but it will put another defender to clean up Pau's inefficiencies since Dwight will no longer be able to.

Majesty stop trying to make it seem like there is a way because there is no way out.

Kobe has been taking jabs at the D'Antoni system for a while now I told you that it wasn't a great fit before and I told you time will tell and here we are headed nowhere and outside the playoffs picture.

First Gasol should be good either coming off the bench or starting, his success its on him as well as MD. Secondly defense has been an issue but now even our offense is crumbling, bringing a guy like Cunningham or even Josh Smith won't fix nothing. The real issue in my opinion is chemistry, communication and trust this team has none of those characteristics.

This team is not playing together and look I wanted MB fired and even though I wasn't happy with MD as the replacement I at least thought it would work to the point that we were at least going to be a good playoff team but that did not happen. MD doesn't know how to get these guys to trust and play well with each other and I sort of don't blame him because he's never had a team with this many egos ever but this is why we needed P... umm another coach with more experience. I don't think Kobe and Dwight kinda respect him to actually buy into this system and follow it 100% MD just seems like the kind of coach who tells you do this and that and expects you to do it and if you can't do it then he instead of talking to you and trying to solve the problems he avoids just that and tries to find a way around it either by benching you playing you less minutes and so forth and this is not how you earn trust with your players.

Before any of these def/off. issues are resolved this roster needs to get along and enjoy each other they all need to be on the same page set all differences aside and play smart basketball only then will this team actually become better.

Edited by Nego, January 22, 2013 - 02:47 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:21 AM

Majesty stop trying to make it seem like there is a way because there is no way out.

Kobe has been taking jabs at the D'Antoni system for a while now I told you that it wasn't a great fit before and I told you time will tell and here we are headed nowhere and outside the playoffs picture.

First Gasol should be good either coming off the bench or starting, his success its on him as well as MD. Secondly defense has been an issue but now even our offense is crumbling, bringing a guy like Cunningham or even Josh Smith won't fix nothing. The real issue in my opinion is chemistry, communication and trust this team has none of those characteristics.

This team is not playing together and look I wanted MB fired and even though I wasn't happy with MD as the replacement I at least thought it would work to the point that we were at least going to be a good playoff team but that did not happen. MD doesn't know how to get these guys to trust and play well with each other and I sort of don't blame him because he's never had a team with this many egos ever but this is why we needed P... umm another coach with more experience. I don't think Kobe and Dwight kinda respect him to actually buy into this system and follow it 100% MD just seems like the kind of coach who tells you do this and that and expects you to do it and if you can't do it then he instead of talking to you and trying to solve the problems he avoids just that and tries to find a way around it either by benching you playing you less minutes and so forth and this is not how you earn trust with your players.

Before any of these def/off. issues are resolved this roster needs to get along and enjoy each other they all need to be on the same page set all differences aside and play smart basketball only then will this team actually become better.

All the team chemistry in the world wouldn't make a Jamison Gasol pairing play any better defensively. Pau off the bench works when Hill is here but without Hill the only other options to play with Pau to make up for his defensive failures are starting.

Pau will get his post touches and his scoring off the bench but without a hustle scrapping forward, or Dwight Howard, behind him when a team decides to pound us inside and Jamison's shot isn't going it's going to be even more painful to watch. All the team chemistry and defensive philosophy in the world would make a 4 5 pairing of Gasol and Jamison viable defensively.

Remember, when people asked for Pau to come off the bench in their mind Hill was starting or Jamison was starting in Pau"s place and it would be perfect now but Hill is injured and Clark wouldn't have emerged if he hadn't been. If Hill was coming back, that'd be different, but he's done for the season. So we either would need to start Jamison at the 4, put Metta back on the bench and put Clark at the 3 and Jamison at the 4 or get someone like cunningham who can play defense and will be a hustle guy going for boards and making the correct defensive switches.

If we don't I can almost guarantee that no matter how much chemistry we get, a 4 5 combo of Jamison and Pau without Metta or Clark in there will be disasterous and we will give up drive and dish threes and cuts all day.

#8 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:15 AM

Wow I like the outfit of MWP ! :cool2:

I got the same jacket in black
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#9 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:24 AM

"We're going to have to look at some things," Bryant said after Los Angeles lost 95-83 at Chicago on Monday. "We're going to have to change something. Probably going to have to post the ball a lot more, slow the game down a lot more. That's just my intuition, but that's my gut right now. I have to take a look at the film again, but we're definitely going to have to change something.

a.k.a. time for MDA to get the [expletive] outta here!

:pray:
Posted Image

#10 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,156 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 22, 2013 - 06:56 AM

Anytime MWP, Jamison, & Pau are on the court together is a recipe for disaster on both ends of the floor. Why Coach D keeps forcing these lineups is beyond me. I think lil Buss should be able to excuse COach D from his responsibilities due to his addiction to prescription pillz. At the beginning of the season he kept making jokes about it; fast forward to months later & he stills has no idea what to do with this team & he keeps repeating the same stupid mistakes thinking a different outcome is going to occur = get him out of here & get him some help. He has lost his noodle for good.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:05 AM

First, you need Steve Nash to use Kobe as a decoy to get his shots off of. Run PnR only sometimes depending on the defense. And play inside out with Dwight to get both Kobe AND Nash wide open shots. We have a lineup for that now. Nash needs to do this too. He needs to hit Dwight in the post, ask for a back screen or set one and for Dwight to find that open guy for a cut or for an open three. Mainly Nash. This would work well. We can't run PnR every time down, which Nash even said was why he shied away from PnR when Mike Brown was here. Nash's words "I want to be able to expand my game and learn a new system and then switch to pick and roll when I see the opening, rather than running it each time down." He said it, Brown said it, you all said it was stupid to have the 'best PnR pg' and to just run pnr every time down and that 'its easy'. Well now u got pnr everytime down..how's that working out? Nash needs to change his game for this to work and needs to use both Dwight and Kobe to feed him for open shots and still make himself viable to attack off a pick and roll. Otherwise the offense gets predictable and easy to counter. Run 4 out 1 in sometimes, run high pick and roll with Nash sometimes. Simple things. Taking forever to 'get'

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Anytime MWP, Jamison, & Pau are on the court together is a recipe for disaster on both ends of the floor. Why Coach D keeps forcing these lineups is beyond me. I think lil Buss should be able to excuse COach D from his responsibilities due to his addiction to prescription pillz. At the beginning of the season he kept making jokes about it; fast forward to months later & he stills has no idea what to do with this team & he keeps repeating the same stupid mistakes thinking a different outcome is going to occur = get him out of here & get him some help. He has lost his noodle for good.

Why does he run the rotation of Jamison Pau and Metta? Because Hill is injured. Clark is starting and Pau plays best at center.

Not much choice really.

#13 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,156 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:18 AM

^^Are there other players on the roster? Yes so play them instead of the above rotation = it obviously does not work. Stop repeating the same bullsheet thinking something is going to change. it doesnt matter if we are playing good teams or bums = with the lineups Coach D using same outcomes will usually occur; except for that occasional bullsheet blowout gm they win.

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:25 AM

^^Are there other players on the roster? Yes so play them instead of the above rotation = it obviously does not work. Stop repeating the same bullsheet thinking something is going to change. it doesnt matter if we are playing good teams or bums = with the lineups Coach D using same outcomes will usually occur; except for that occasional bullsheet blowout gm they win.

Alright why dont you say what your lineups at the 345 is with Clark and Metta starting and Hill injured :) im waiting :).

All we have is playing Ebanks at the 3 over Metta...not gonna happen.

But since you know rotations tell us who you'd play at the 345 rotation with our bench with Clark and Metta starting and Jordan Hill injured. :) unless you start Jamison or send metta to the bench while starting Jamison and Clark that doesn't change and that's the STARTING lineup. But I welcome you to try ;)

#15 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,156 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Nash -PG - 5min mark comes out
Ebank s-SG - 4min mark comes out
Kobe - SF - 2min mark comes out
Clark - PF - 4min mark comes out
D12 - C - 4min mark comes out

bench

Duhon -PG - replaces NAsh until 7 min mark of 2nd qrt
Morris -SG - replaces Kobe until 6 min mark of 2nd qrt
MWP -SF - replaces Ebanks until 5 min mark of 2nd qrt
Pau -PF - replaces Clark until 5 min mark of 2nd
Sacre -C - replaces D12 until 7 min mark of 2nd qrt

Depending how lineup is playing in 1st half if all things decent & LA winning or in a close game repeat process (for 2nd half). If they need a change switch mins of Morriss & Meeks; last case scenario switch mins of Duhon & Jamison (move Morris to PG & MWP to SG & Jamison to SF)

#16 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:43 AM

Nash -PG - 5min mark comes out
Ebank s-SG - 4min mark comes out
Kobe - SF - 2min mark comes out
Clark - PF - 4min mark comes out
D12 - C - 4min mark comes out

bench

Duhon -PG - replaces NAsh until 7 min mark of 2nd qrt
Morris -SG - replaces Kobe until 6 min mark of 2nd qrt
MWP -SF - replaces Ebanks until 5 min mark of 2nd qrt
Pau -PF - replaces Clark until 5 min mark of 2nd
Sacre -C - replaces D12 until 7 min mark of 2nd qrt

Depending how lineup is playing in 1st half if all things decent & LA winning or in a close game repeat process (for 2nd half). If they need a change switch mins of Morriss & Meeks; last case scenario switch mins of Duhon & Jamison (move Morris to PG & MWP to SG & Jamison to SF)

So you would start Ebanks... And have Sacre play bench center over Pau..while having Morris as our bench 2...

Yeah I think you've proven my point :)

Edited by Majesty, January 22, 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#17 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,156 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:49 AM

Yes Pau at PF with Sacre at C is better option. They can stil run PnR with Sacre & let Pau post low.

Yes Ebanks is better served alongside Kobe & D12. Meeks is not in my lineup unless the proposed lineups were not working. IF they were not then he would replace Morris mins like i said. 10 man regular rotation. Meeks is just to small in long run. You havent proven any point until my lineup is on the floor & does not produce! So if you dont like it thats 1 thing but nothing has been proven not to work until the lineup is giving a chance.

• 40,400 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:49 PM

Foody call and Stu:

yo.

#19 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:18 PM

HOLD HOLD UP HOLD [expletive]ING UP.
Did D'Antoni say, "I thought we played good defense, Our offense was not good enough." HOLY [expletive] I WANT TO BURN HIS MUSTACHE OFF

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,061 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:38 PM

HOLD HOLD UP HOLD [expletive]ING UP.
Did D'Antoni say, "I thought we played good defense, Our offense was not good enough." HOLY [expletive] I WANT TO BURN HIS MUSTACHE OFF

He's right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users