111 replies to this topic

#101 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 3,951 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 22, 2013 - 10:50 AM

Lebron and Durant both have players on their team that can get a good (40%) shot off from anywhere on the floor that.

Who on the lakers can u say that can do that other than Kobe?

Exactly most of the good/best teams have 3-5 players that can create for themselves when need be. That goes for Guards & Forwards. Lakers only have Kobe. This is partly cuz they dont understand how to judge talent. Its been this way the majority of Kobes career. Without having a C nor PF that can actually be a reliable threat off PnR with NAsh to catch & shoot mid range jumper = Nash is almost worthless to this team.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 39,295 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:45 PM

If I'm the GM I'm going to search for a player which has the same desire energy to WIN like Faried, Clark and Jordan Hill, the rest of the Lakers are exhausted, their souls are gone

No HUNGER, No Effort, No Hustle and the worst part NO TEAM WORK and I'm SICK instead of tired of this.

One of the best posts I've ever seen from you, props.

And yeah, he's right - I've been in a strange daze after Lakers losses - it really does suck the life out of you.

I've just grown numb to it already to be honest, quite long ago. It's healthier too I would say.

Ah the full training camp bit. I remember the last time we used that.

:laughing:

http://www.ocregiste...akers-team.html

Wow, that was a fantastic read. Kinda depressing in many ways, but at least very real.

yo.

#103 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,839 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Dwight could very well be fully healed from the back surgery and his current physical output level that we are seeing may be all that we're going to get for now and the future.

That 17 and 12 is not getting us more wins or a chance at the playoffs.

The Dwight experiment does not work.

HATE HATE HATE HATE

#104 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 22, 2013 - 01:58 PM

The Lakers traded for Dwight because their contract situation allows them to be ok(relatively speaking) if he goes somewhere else. The Lakers will either be able to attract other FAs to play together or start completely from scratch if he moves on.

Getting multiple players that will have the Lakers stuck in the middle a few years from now is worse than doing either of those things. That's the worst place to be in as a franchise. Ask Dallas.

Posted Image

• 39,295 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 02:35 PM

Dwight could very well be fully healed from the back surgery and his current physical output level that we are seeing may be all that we're going to get for now and the future.

It's not entirely impossible, but God don't we all hope that's not the case.

yo.

#106 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,790 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 03:59 PM

Lebron and Durant both have players on their team that can get a good (40%) shot off from anywhere on the floor that.

Who on the lakers can u say that can do that other than Kobe?

The only guy other than Kobe on this team that can get his own shot is Artest. Like I've always said.

Dwight wants to be set up for his shots with post touches when it should be him setting up Kobe and Nash for open shots when he's double teamed. And Nash CAN get his own shot but it isn't in his nature. Last few games it has been, but it hasn't been for his entire career.

There's only two players on the Lakers both able and WILLING to get their own shotM. Kobe and Ron. Everybody else needs Kobe to set them up or specific plays run for them and neither can be depended on to TAKE OVER a game when Kobe is cold or struggling.

The guy scoring usually when Kobe is off is Ron more often than not and when his shot is on it's valuable(like the Knicks game) and is willing to take ALL criticism if he fails(and ease some off of Kobe). Something another star on this team could also learn..

Aside from Ron no one else on this team has that mentality or will to try it. That's a problem.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#107 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,738 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:06 PM

The only guy other than Kobe on this team that can get his own shot is Artest. Like I've always said.

Dwight wants to be set up for his shots with post touches when it should be him setting up Kobe and Nash for open shots when he's double teamed. And Nash CAN get his own shot but it isn't in his nature. Last few games it has been, but it hasn't been for his entire career.

There's only two players on the Lakers both able and WILLING to get their own shotM. Kobe and Ron. Everybody else needs Kobe to set them up or specific plays run for them and neither can be depended on to TAKE OVER a game when Kobe is cold or struggling.

The guy scoring usually when Kobe is off is Ron more often than not and when his shot is on it's valuable(like the Knicks game) and is willing to take ALL criticism if he fails(and ease some off of Kobe). Something another star on this team could also learn..

Aside from Ron no one else on this team has that mentality or will to try it. That's a problem.

Ron cannot get a good (40%)shot from anywhere on the floor. You obviously only watch the laker games if you think that Ron can get a good shot at anytime.

#108 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,790 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:14 PM

Ron cannot get a good (40%)shot from anywhere on the floor. You obviously only watch the laker games if you think that Ron can get a good shot at anytime.

Not at anytime. What I'm saying is he's the only other guy than Kobe to search for his own shot without needing Kobe to set him up for it or feed him for it.

And that he's also willing to take full criticism if he fails when he tries to carry the load away from Kobe and fails. He won't go around the locker room waving a stat sheet and deflecting blame :)

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#109 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,738 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 04:17 PM

Not at anytime. What I'm saying is he's the only other guy than Kobe to search for his own shot without needing Kobe to set him up for it or feed him for it.

And that he's also willing to take full criticism if he fails when he tries to carry the load away from Kobe and fails. He won't go around the locker room waving a stat sheet and deflecting blame :)

Well all I'm saying is the reason why Kobe was shooting bad was because the defense only has to play for 16 seconds because those last 8 seconds they know exactly what's going to happen because they know no one else is gonna have the ball but Kobe.

But I know that you are not going to admit that because you can't admit that Ron can't create a shot. You know and I know he can't but you're just arguing just to argue.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, January 22, 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#110 Soobizzle12

Soobizzle12

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Name:Sooby
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:14 PM

Anyone else almost die of laughter watching gasoft miss that layup towards the end of the game??

#111 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,738 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Anyone else almost die of laughter watching gasoft miss that layup towards the end of the game??

Me 😝

#112 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,419 posts

Posted January 22, 2013 - 07:44 PM

wow !! Howard got a stat sheet to show teammates he only got 5 fg ??!!!! i bet kobe didn't pay him any attention with a big smile on his face !! wow Bynum wouldn't do that ..

I understand his frustration but he didn't prove anything yet.. or at least let me say he is not making enough effort ..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users